Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/18/2003 6:43:44 PM EDT
Just picked the twins up from Michi-gun.

Definitely the best prices around.

Michi-Gun
31516 Harper Ave,
St Clair Shores, MI 48082

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:56:53 PM EDT
Very nice. I cant wait to see your Bruce Willis impression.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:42:45 AM EDT
Nice looking pistols. Did you get the dual underarm holsters to complete the look?
I love michi-gun also. Their prices are great, and the staff has always been very friendly. They are the first place that I call when it is time to pick up a new firearm.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:47:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By killingmachine123:
Nice looking pistols. Did you get the dual underarm holsters to complete the look?
I love michi-gun also. Their prices are great, and the staff has always been very friendly. They are the first place that I call when it is time to pick up a new firearm.

Not a bad idea! The best part is they treat every customer like you are responsible and intelligent.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:26:21 AM EDT
Sounds like Guns Galore is in trouble.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:52:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Delta_3_63:
Sounds like Guns Galore is in trouble.

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:59:28 AM EDT
I detest Guns Galore... their condescending attitudes really turned me off to them. I usually go with Williams, I like the people up there and it's not too far from here. I might have to check out Michi-gun, though... never been there before.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 2:28:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2003 2:32:33 PM EDT by QCMGR]

Originally Posted By XM15_E2S_A3:
I detest Guns Galore... their condescending attitudes really turned me off to them. I usually go with Williams, I like the people up there and it's not too far from here. I might have to check out Michi-gun, though... never been there before.

Gun Galore = Crappy service but great prices.
Williams = Ok service crappy prices.
Michi-gun = Great service and prices.

The difference between Michi-gun, GG and Williams:

I ask Williams to get a quote for a AWA Peacemaker. I leave my card and contact info because the dufis can't figure out what the price is. The guy never calls back. I come back a week later and the tall lanky dork behind the counter forgot.

GG has it in stock for a decent price but I do not have all day to wait for one of the retarded sons to wait on me. However, if you have the time they do have great prices. The best prices are going to be for in-stock items.

Michi-gun is great. You ask them to get a price, they will do it right there. I have never waited more than a few minutes before I was helped. If you order something, they will do it ASAP and call when it arrives.

I wanted to buy my 1991's with the new roll marks. I go to Williams. They want $699.00 and it is going to be a few weeks. Then they try to sell me the Springfield they have in stock or I can buy a used, like new old roll marked 1991 for $600.00.

Michi-gun orders them while I wait and the unit price is $575.00. $5.00 more than the Internet dealers (not including transfer fee) and $125.00 less than Williams. A week later I pick them up.

FYI...On Target in Kalamazoo had the 1991's for somthing like $700.00!

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:10:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By QCMGR:

Gun Galore = Crappy service but great prices.
Williams = Ok service crappy prices.
Michi-gun = Great service and prices.

Bingo. I have only been to GG once, it was a decent dirve to get there, and they are not customer service oriented. I asked for a quote from Michi-gun, and they did it on the spot also. My buddy will only do buiseness with them after primarily buying from another local place. They truly are top notch.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:32:34 PM EDT
How are they on ammo prices?

I've bought my last few firearms through Double Action. No more of that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:09:26 PM EDT
Michi-Gun is good people. Both of my Glocks are through them. Great prices, great service.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:14:32 PM EDT
Oooooooh, MarkIV Series 70.
Beautiful pair.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:01:44 PM EDT
Sweet pistols! After reading this thread I decided to check them out. Went on Wednesday and ordered a Kimber 10mm. Had a GREAT experience and will definately be going back. Ammo prices were good also, 17HMR in Rem. $10.99, Horn. $9.99, CCI $9.99, Fed. $9.99. Where the heck were you guys when I was paying $14 for Hornady? Gotta stock up, going to Family Shooters Corral day after Thanksgiving!!rocko.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:16:19 PM EDT
Glad to hear you had a good experience. They will definitely get more of my business.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:03:33 PM EDT
Why can't we get any good gun shops on the west side of the state??? All the ones I been to have crappy sevice AND high prices.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:57:05 AM EDT
They didn't happen to have a Kel-Tec SU16 did they. I'm looking for one localy. Also do they except transfers, that is if I bought one out of state would they accept delivery and how much would they cost?

I will say that the last time I was there was in 1984 or 85. I went looking for a AR15 to take with me to the coal strikes in Kentucky when I was a rail road cop. The guy said at that time they didn't sell "those kind of rifles" because of the kind of people who bought them. Needless to say I was a bit peeved over that attitude and never went back. Hopefully they have wised up since.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:16:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By monkeyman:
They didn't happen to have a Kel-Tec SU16 did they. I'm looking for one localy. Also do they except transfers, that is if I bought one out of state would they accept delivery and how much would they cost?

Give them a call or stop by. They do not have a large selection, but they can get anything you want.

I will say that the last time I was there was in 1984 or 85. I went looking for a AR15 to take with me to the coal strikes in Kentucky when I was a rail road cop. The guy said at that time they didn't sell "those kind of rifles" because of the kind of people who bought them. Needless to say I was a bit peeved over that attitude and never went back. Hopefully they have wised up since.

Are you sure it is the same place? A friend of mine just ordered an ArmaLite M15 A4 and they have a few AR-10's in stock. When I picked up my Colt 1991's a guy was picking up his Colt M4. They will order anything you like.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:50:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cozmacozmy:
Why can't we get any good gun shops on the west side of the state??? All the ones I been to have crappy sevice AND high prices.

Ohhhhh bite me Jeff!

Doug
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:53:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By QCMGR:

Originally Posted By monkeyman:

Are you sure it is the same place? A friend of mine just ordered an ArmaLite M15 A4 and they have a few AR-10's in stock. When I picked up my Colt 1991's a guy was picking up his Colt M4. They will order anything you like.

Pretty sure, Michi-Gun and Tackle on Harper in SCS. But, it was 20+ years ago and the guy I talked to could have just been a jerk. They obviously have changed their tune since then
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:23:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Naked80:

Ohhhhh bite me Jeff!

Doug

Opps I forgot about Gander Mountain , Thanks for the Harris mount the other day Naked80
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 3:37:19 PM EDT
I went in to Michi-Gun twice this week to get a price on a Carbon 15, the second time because I got the model number wrong. Both times the salesman (Adam) dropped what he was doing and called their distributor, the second time was within a few minutes of the shop opening and the place was a damn zoo. I've never had a gunshop act on a price request like that before. I've been waiting on a call for the XD9 compact for months, and one of the shops I aske dhas two in inventory now they are readily available..

I'm pretty sick of most of my local gunshops.. Places like Target Sports, where if you aren't a cop or Thunder Ranch wannabe, they don't care to talk to you. I can't tell you how many times I've been in there and was ignored while they tried to pitch a $700 handgun to a Goblin from the hood...

Double Action is a pretty good place to spend money. They have done right by me and it's nice to have an indoor range in the area that will take rifles.

Trapper gun is ok, but I had a bad experience trying to order that Carbon 15. I Was told that they had made a practice of NOT having "those kinds of guns" in the shop because it cut "down on trouble" over the years. Imagine my surprise when, the nexty time I was in there I saw 2 Armalite AR15's and the new AR180.... WTF??

Never been to the Gun Barn, Shooter's service seems ok.

Dave
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 3:47:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DaveCampbell1:
....Places like Target Sports, where if you aren't a cop or Thunder Ranch wannabe, they don't care to talk to you. I can't tell you how many times I've been in there and was ignored while they tried to pitch a $700 handgun to a Goblin from the hood...

I like to stop in to see that girl that works there. I think it is Ray's sister. She is HOT!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:44:18 AM EDT
Yeah Buddy! She is a damn HOTTIE....

Ray's ok, I bought one of my first ever guns from his years back when he was a table top dealer at Gibralter Trade Center. The people working for him with one exception are not nice to deal with.

The last time I was in there, I was using the range with my Dad. Our time was up and we weren't finished, so I stepped back into the shop to see about paying for more time. I hadn't even finished closing the door to the range when this salesguy (i'll call him AssClown because I only know him as the jerk that used to have ponytail length hair) turns to me and says: "NO!" like he was all serious and authoritive about it!

WTF!!!!!???

I stood there for a moment in a pregnant pause trying to think how I should effect a response, but he spoke first. "We're busy, it's a Saturday.", he says in his best teenage i'm-so-bored voice.

We cleaned up, walked out and I haven't been back since.

Dave
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:02:39 PM EDT

This may be a bit too far north, but, Hampels in Traverse City has excellent service and good prices for the items I've purchased.

Kent
Top Top