Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 1:34:45 PM EDT
So I just picked up my Form 4 from the honorable Sheriff Bernie Giusto.  I figured there might be some sort of letter like the one that comes with a CHL, that contains clarification and any specific laws that may affect me.

Not so.  Here's what I got:

Dear Mr. PromptCritical

I have signed the enclosed ATF Form 4's transferring a .22 caliber silencer, Outback Model, serial number xxx-xxxx.  A copy of this transfer willl be kept on file at the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.  Should the item ever be stolen or otherwise removed from your possession, I expect you to immediately notify this department.

I want you to understand that by signing this transfer request, I am not making a general statement of support for these types of weapons, nor am I encouraging you to obtain any other federally controlled firearms.  However, I believe that individual rights to self-determination supercede my personal opinions and beliefs.  Please make any further requests with significant discretion.

Sincerely,

BERNIE GIUSTO
Sheriff

Well, ain't that nice.  When's the next group buy?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard form letter. Nox has gotten a few as well.

You guys need to move out to the WestSide with all the other white homies.

Set a Tuesday appointment. Walk in, say "hi", chit-chat for about 5 minutes, and walk out with a signed NFA Form.

Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a form letter that is placed in every returned BATF packet. I kinda think that the most important line in there might be the one not in red. He as an individual has every right to belive in what he chooses so long as it does not infringe on my beliefs or my ability to take actions that do not infringe on anybody else. The overall statement also maybe somewhat sourced by politics as opposed to his individual beliefs as well....... don't know.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Set a Tuesday appointment. Walk in, say "hi", chit-chat for about 5 minutes, and walk out with a signed NFA Form.

Easy peasy.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Easy peasy.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Easy there bitches.......

You still are all form 4 Newbies.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Awwwwww, isn't that nice.  Buy more.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah 'cause you have so many NFA toys...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Just for that your sleeping in the bathroom.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, he has more than most of us!

Friggin' ATF sending his ass the first Form 4.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just for that your sleeping in the bathroom.

BAM-BAM-BAM! "Open up!  I gotta go right now!"

"STFU!  I'm trying to sleep!"

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So I just picked up my Form 4 from the honorable Sheriff Bernie Giusto.  I figured there might be some sort of letter like the one that comes with a CHL, that contains clarification and any specific laws that may affect me.
Not so.  Here's what I got:

Dear Mr. PromptCritical
I have signed the enclosed ATF Form 4's transferring a .22 caliber silencer, Outback Model, serial number xxx-xxxx.  A copy of this transfer willl be kept on file at the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.  Should the item ever be stolen or otherwise removed from your possession, I expect you to immediately notify this department.
I want you to understand that by signing this transfer request, I am not making a general statement of support for these types of weapons, nor am I encouraging you to obtain any other federally controlled firearms.  However, I believe that individual rights to self-determination supercede my personal opinions and beliefs.  Please make any further requests with significant discretion.
Sincerely,
BERNIE GIUSTO
Sheriff

Well, ain't that nice.  When's the next group buy?

While kind of @ssinine, at least he understands the LAW.

Guess I need to find I need to find some .45 and .308 cans cheap for you fellas.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#12]
9?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

teeheehee
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

How old were you when you got your FIRST NFA toy?

...Im trying to gauge where Ill be in 5 years
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
9?

Don't make me smack you!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
9?

Ditto to the 9mm
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#17]
If any Oregon guys want to get on a good deal for Evo-9 cans, IM me now. Their prices are going up at the beggining of next month. If you want in, I need to know by Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If any Oregon guys want to get on a good deal for Evo-9 cans, IM me now. Their prices are going up at the beggining of next month. If you want in, I need to know by Sunday.

Not really up an all the different cans.  Tell me more...

ETA:  Never mind.  Don't really have a use for a 9mm can right now...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Form 4?  HA!!  

Form 1... make 'em yourself!

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:38:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I don't know.. I personally think the Exhaust on the Evo is fine but i guess if you want more Horse Power....

we aren't talking about the same thing are we?.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:47:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know.. I personally think the Exhaust on the Evo is fine but i guess if you want more Horse Power....

we aren't talking about the same thing are we?.

The rice-burner forum is that way!---->
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:48:46 AM EDT
[#22]
wish my car would burn Rice.. freaking cheaper than gas!.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

we aren't talking about the same thing are we?.hr

I'd really love a can, but should the intake be upgraded first?  Apologies, had to... What would we be looking at with prices, Nox?  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#24]
I want an Evo-9 sooooo bad, but cannot swing it at this time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I want an Evo-9 sooooo bad, but cannot swing it at this time.

Same here.  Too short a fuse on the payment.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Form 4's? Form 4's?  We don't need no stinking form 4's!  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes guys, I know it was short notice. The buy wasn't really going to be a group buy, it just kinda turned into it. Well I don't know if I'm going to go forward with mine right now either. I kinda blew a chunk-o-change today at the gun show. I might try to pull one together in the near future.

if I do, I'll make sure you guys are aware of it. Please start saving $$.

Nox.

Back on topic now!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top