Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 11:33:55 AM EDT
I'm going to be in the Waycross, GA area, this summer. Any good ranges and gun shops in the area?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't let the NO post fool yall. Most guys in this forum live in the upper part of the state. A few in the Savannah area. I think one or two maybe in waycross. Your going to be in Gator country. Go see Ockeefanockee ( spelling ) ( The big swamp ). Its a cool place to see. The summer time is better though. Im not from there so I can't help..... Your going to the Boomdocks my friend... LOL...Wardawg
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You're an hour from Cumberland Island, the only Nat'l Park/Seashore in GA.  Nice beaches if you're there in the Summer.  Good day hiking.  Not so good for shootin' or carrying.  Sometimes you can see a submarine going to/from KBSB from the ferry or from the shore.  Lots of wild horses on the island as well.

This is probably your closest public rangs:

• Kingsland - Kings Bay Rifle & Pistol Club, Inc., 2 miles East of I-95 off Hwy 40, Kingsland, GA 31548.
Phone: 912-729-5783
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (25 & 50 yds), Outdoor Rifle (100 yds), Muzzleloading, Trap, Airgun
Range Access: Public
Email: [email protected]

+1 on Okeefenokee.  Definitely worth seeing.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Just watch out for the gnats in the summer, they're pretty fierce. If you want to keep them out of your face, just keep your pants unzipped.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Kings Bay rifle and Pistol club is currently shut down and moving to north of Woodbine Ga. this move as been brought about due to the loss of our range due to property sales. The new location is under construction and may be up and operating by the summer. berm construction is in progress.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:21:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't let the NO post fool yall. Most guys in this forum live in the upper part of the state. A few in the Savannah area. I think one or two maybe in waycross. Your going to be in Gator country. Go see Ockeefanockee ( spelling ) ( The big swamp ). Its a cool place to see. The summer time is better though. Im not from there so I can't help..... Your going to the Boomdocks my friend... LOL...Wardawghr

My parents are from the Blackshear/ Patterson County area. Actually coming down to look for some property.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:02:59 AM EDT
[#6]
You'll be just down the road from me in Brunswick.  Only range around here is a private range.  If you shoot NRA Highpower or IDPA, they have regular monthly matches.

You wont be that far from the Coast.  Maybe an hour.
Dutch223.  I'd be interested in finding out how/how much to join the Kingsbay club once it gets up and running again.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top