Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 7:36:56 PM EDT
with all the talk of the changing CCW laws...I decided to bite the bullet....I always carry but I hardly travel out of the county..open carry is cool around here...anyway ....checking into the class ...round here it runs 60 bucks...2 years ago it was 100.00......what about other parts of the state...
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:38:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I paid $160 to Jim's Gun Jobbery (Pawn Shop) here in Fayetteville, back in 1999.

An info sheet I picked up from there the other day has it at $164 for an individual, along with being able to pay less if you you're in a group.

My permit expired this past April, when I was still overseas, THREE MONTHS before I was stationed back here.

Sucks REAL HARD.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#2]
planning on getting mine soon.  first i have to get permits, purchase, etc. to see if i can pick something to carry comfortably.  i have occasion to "feel the need" to carry in various places - one being coming home.  i live in a relatively isolated spot, we've been burglarized once and the family almost came in on the bums.  i just want to be legal in the car as much as anywhere else.  some spots i work in get a little shady at times as well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I took the class Saturday (August 23rd).

$80 bucks at Thomas guns and knives in Goldsboro.

I love the new reciprocity we have now. According to www.packing.org, since I took the class, 2 more states have been added bringing the total to 18 states that will honor our permits.

I'm just waiting now for the call from the Sheriff's Office to go pick up my Permit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:34:35 AM EDT
[#4]
yep.it's now a no brainer with all the other states jumping on board...I finished up my class last night and am hitting the sheriff's office after work....
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#5]
4 more months till i can get mine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top