Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 1:15:46 PM EDT
Has anyone else seen the Practical Rifle Team Challenge? It's a 2-man rifle, carbine, and pistol team event and it looks f***ing awesome.

I'm no super-marksman by any stretch of the imagination, but that hasn't stopped me from fantasizing about participating. Problem is, all my friends are sissies! Even my dad wimped out - "wah wah, 1000 yards is too far, it'll cost too much money," etc...his?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm ready....

Not sure about taking off cross country for a first time out, but it'd be cool to setup something similiar local for a work up.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I was considering this one but I am already commited to -

3-gun Nationals               July 27 - 30
DPMS Tri-gun                  Aug. 18 - 20
RM3G - Raton                  Aug. 24 - 26

Good luck if you go.  I see they will attempt to pair you with another partner if you can't find one.  If you do find a local partner, take the time to make it to a couple of local 3-gun shoots.  The seasoning will pay off big later.  Nice to know ahead of time if your equipment will cut it in a competition.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#3]
MNGuns, some nice gear there! I don't have a bolt-action rifle (OK, I do, but I don't think my M44 Mosin-Nagant carbine is going to cut it at 1000 yards he
I definitely want to do some local shoots (hence my other thread about 3-gun in MN), but I don't know where to go. I want to check out Gopher Rifle & Revolver for sure.

MNGuns, where do you shoot?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:36:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
MNGuns, some nice gear there! I don't have a bolt-action rifle (OK, I do, but I don't think my M44 Mosin-Nagant carbine is going to cut it at 1000 yards ), but I'm set in the carbine and pistol department.

I definitely want to do some local shoots (hence my other thread about 3-gun in MN), but I don't know where to go. I want to check out Gopher Rifle & Revolver for sure.

MNGuns, where do you shoot?

I've got a couple a places I shoot at here in Princeton, and I've got a plae up north to take the long guns. Isn't Gopher somewhere on the south end of the city....?

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So...anyone else interested in this? I guess I need to find a partner (so I guess that makes this post sort of a personal ad)...

So long as it's not held on "Brokeback Mountain"
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#6]
No, GRRC is in Harris, MN (up near Wild River state park).

As for the Brokeback angle...I don't think chaps are very tactical. The wife is trying to get me into a cowboy hat, though...hmm...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#7]
MNguns

Now I remember where I have seen that rifle before.  Good shooting at W. Branch Gun Club.  I was shooting the DPMS LR.308.

Payne
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
MNguns

Now I remember where I have seen that rifle before.  Good shooting at W. Branch Gun Club.  I was shooting the DPMS LR.308.

Payne

You are correct sir. She was a boomer in the pit there, but I want to get back out there soon and fire from the benches. Kinda like a Vette you never take out of the driveway otherwise.

Took that rifle deer hunting a couple of years back for SNG's. Posted in a tower stand, long shots in all directions. Shot a deer 30yards out. Could have thrown the thing at it...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#9]
That sounds like a lot of fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top