Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 3:36:50 PM EDT
The wife wanted to do something together so i said lets go shooting.  (she has never wanted to come with before.)  So i pack up my ar and a couple pistols and head out to Gopher.

Brought the camera with and she snapped a few.

100yds to the back targets

Wife being nice and picking up a bunch of empties people left.

just seeing how everything patterns at 100yd.  using Winchester 55gr fmj 5.56 ammo.

still not impressed with the gun.  So far thats the best i have shot with it.  i can connect rounds with my .308 consistently but this thing walks all over.  It doesn't shoot .223 rounds that well, i'll get flyers every other round.
Between this winchesters and the federal xm193 factory reloads it will average about moa.  I've shot 69 gr, 62gr, 55gr and 50gr through it (White Oak Armament SPR barrel with the 1/7 twist) and it seems to like the 5.56 55gr rounds the best.  

anyway, we both had a fun time.  She shot my kimber 10mm until her hand got sore, which was about 10 rounds.
Then she shot the S&W .22 and seemed to like that the best.  I think she claimed the .22 as her gun now because she wants me to put the tasco pro point i have on it.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It was a good day to go to the range!  I made it out to Oakdale today and let off a few rounds too.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Had same experiance with xm193 and umc 55fmj.  I bought a box of black hills 52match hp and got much better groups.  Glad to know it wasn't me.

Brick  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It was a good day to go to the range!  I made it out to Oakdale today and let off a few rounds too.

Interesting, I was there today too for a personal defense refresher.  Great day for sure.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I was supposed to meet up with Fedgunner down at bills, but I ended up running some errands for  MrsDpmmn  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Is that a JP V-Tac handguard on your rifle?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is that a JP V-Tac handguard on your rifle?

nope its their previous version.  I wish i had waited a bit and got the VTac though.  The rails and able to adjust the float tube easier would have been nice.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was supposed to meet up with Fedgunner down at bills, but I ended up running some errands for  MrsDpmmn  

I was there. Had to wait over an hour for a lane. Got off about 30 rounds on a P3AT before Ms GoBlue called and said the dog had to go to the emergency vet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

nope its their previous version.  I wish i had waited a bit and got the VTac though.  The rails and able to adjust the float tube easier would have been nice.

Do you still like it though?  As far as feel goes?  I am pretty much sold on using a V Tac on my 6.8 upper with one of their adjustable gas blocks.   That one looks very similiar.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I was going to go to gopher today, but went to a friends house by silver lake instead.  We set up 200 and 300 yard targets.  It was my first time shooting over 100, I didnt think 223 would drop as much as it did at 300 yards.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:52:19 AM EDT
[#10]
+1 shot on Sunday as well.  I hope you get that AR Dialed in, buddy.  Looks like a nice setup.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#11]
could the ops inc. break be messing up the consistency?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Probably not the muzzle break.  If you are using milsurp ammo, try the 62 gr.  What kind of barrel are you using?  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#13]
my barrel:

Special Purpose Rifle

White Oak Armament SPR Match Barrel

This SPR .223 barrel is the product of the Army's Squad Designated Marksman Rifle Development Program, which was assigned the task of improving the accuracy of the standard issue rifle against targets out to 600 meters. This would allow the valued marksman or sniper the ability to stay concealed within the squad by carrying a weapon that looked similar to the rest. It was found that by carrying a dissimilar rifle, he had become an easily recognizable high-priority target. We offer this barrel to the tactical user or casual shooter interested in the ability hit distant targets with issued or mag length ammunition.

· 18 Inch 1:7 twist Match Grade Stainless Steel barrel
· Chambered to give excellent performance and reliability with a wide variety of ammo
· Retains the same sight radius as a standard 20" barrel
· Light weight contour ( total weight of 41 ounces )
· Threaded muzzle to accept a flash hider or muzzle brake

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe bring it in to Randy to take a look at.  That sounds like you've got the right setup, there!  He knows a lot about optics/mounts.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#15]
who is this Randy character you speak of and were would i find him?  

maybe i'll just have to meet up with some of you guys at gopher sometime so i can put a face to the name.

M4 rings with a leupold PR scope.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
who is this Randy character you speak of and were would i find him?  

I am guessing:

Randy at Territorial Gunsmiths (952-931-9451)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:19:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
maybe i'll just have to meet up with some of you guys at gopher sometime so i can put a face to the name.

I'm out at Gopher Campfire quite often.  However, now that it's after the 1st of the year, I need to find time to get to Crow River to renew my membership.  I wish he had normal shop hours, and not bankers hours?  Anyway, I'm sure I'll see you out there one of these days.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:31:00 AM EDT
[#18]
go to shmellings (no idea how you spell it) gas station kitty corner from the liquor store in hutch.
thats were i bought my membership last year.  depending on the weather i'm going to try to head out there this sunday.

i'll post in here with an update on what my sunday plans are if anyone is interested in heading out to gopher this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:54:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the info on membership renewal.

I need to work on my Jeep this weekend, but if I get done before Sunday, I'll try to come out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#20]
That is is you do not suffer any more trauma to your paws?

Quoted:
Thanks for the info on membership renewal.

I need to work on my Jeep this weekend, but if I get done before Sunday, I'll try to come out.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
That is is you do not suffer any more trauma to your paws?

They're healing up pretty nicely actually!  I always try to wear gloves when I work on my Jeep, apparently I forgot last weekend!  OUCH.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#22]
you got knuckle F@##D didn't you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Nope, I was pulling a cable and lost my grip,  the cable tore the skin off the inside of my pinky fingers on both hands.  Right inside the joints on each one.  For about three days I got a reminder evertime I made a fist/tried to grip anything.  You have no idea how painfull tying your shoes can be?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, I was pulling a cable and lost my grip,  the cable tore the skin off the inside of my pinky fingers on both hands.  Right inside the joints on each one.  For about three days I got a reminder evertime I made a fist/tried to grip anything.  You have no idea how painfull tying your shoes can be?

Damn i hate having a vivid imagination.  finger fillet on ile 10.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:09:44 AM EDT
[#25]
So, the Pr0n is useless to you now, eh?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#26]
hahahaha

yep, its great i look at pron all day long and I can't get in trouble with HR because its all in my head.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I WAS referring to the fact that MyWar had no skin on his palms anymore, but thanks for sharing anyway...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Actually My War is over rating his wounds!  That guy has some little boo boo's!  Not like he had lost a bit of skin like laying down a cycle or sliding into home plate! He is just going for the sympathy vote! The way he shoots that HK that you got him started on probably did more damage then his cable pulling incident!

Quoted:
I WAS referring to the fact that MyWar had no skin on his palms anymore, but thanks for sharing anyway...

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Actually My War is over rating his wounds!  That guy has some little boo boo's!  Not like he had lost a bit of skin like laying down a cycle or sliding into home plate! He is just going for the sympathy vote! The way he shoots that HK that you got him started on probably did more damage then his cable pulling incident!

Quoted:

WOW,  that one stung.  Bear pit here we come.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#31]
No No No.... I didn't overate my wounds, I specificaly said inside the joints of each pinky finger.  You guys made it sound like I was a prime candidate for skin grafts!!!  Not to mention, RN is... well an RN (for an ER if I'm not mistaken)!  So unless you have a carbumper sticking out of the center of your forehead, it's just a papercut to him!

And I shot my H&K just fine, but the other guns were all brand new to me..... yeah, that's my excuse.  RN and I have a different opinion on shooting, he likes to put all the bullets through on hole in the target (which he does very well I might add).  I figure I bought the whole target, I may as well shot at the whole thing, you know spread em out a little!  Hey they all hit the target at least.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Way too Funny!

Quoted:
No No No.... I didn't overate my wounds, I specificaly said inside the joints of each pinky finger.  You guys made it sound like I was a prime candidate for skin grafts!!!  Not to mention, RN is... well an RN (for an ER if I'm not mistaken)!  So unless you have a carbumper sticking out of the center of your forehead, it's just a papercut to him!

And I shot my H&K just fine, but the other guns were all brand new to me..... yeah, that's my excuse.  RN and I have a different opinion on shooting, he likes to put all the bullets through on hole in the target (which he does very well I might add).  I figure I bought the whole target, I may as well shot at the whole thing, you know spread em out a little!  Hey they all hit the target at least.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Nah, we're cool, he's just grouchy because I didn't let him shoot my Glocks.  I know how much he likes those G-locks!

But I did let him shoot my P7M8, and I'm know he's been daydreaming about it all day today.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
LoL!  Try to keep it a bit civil though...  So nobody takes things the wrong way...  

We're just playing boss!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top