Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2003 6:14:20 PM EDT
I've been slow in getting this posted. (Blasted O.T. keeping me humping.)

The day started crisp and cool. Nomenclature and performance of various designs discussed.

Moved to the target boards and patterned the guns. Ammo and shotgun make discussed and explained.

Learned "tactical reloading" This IS a potential life saver!

"Tac loading" was practiced throughout the day... the message? Know it and love it!

Worked out on milk jug targets.. standard fun... that is until we had to shoot, rack and reload with one hand tied behind our backs!
(There are MANY valid reasons for learning to do this!)

We did some clay bird work. (Yes I suck)

Then came team fire and manuver.. A serious eye opener on focus and doing your job.

The training far surpassed anything I learned in the Military Police.

Side note highlights:

Fritz was rather amused when I was confronted by a classmate about using "pussy" loads. (Federal LE loads) I simply nodded with a shit-eating grin.

During a slug drill Fritz wanted to try my Mossy... Well the second round was a slug...

Fritz was broken... it did not even threaten to rain.

Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:16:54 PM EDT
I wanted to take this class soooo bad. Oh well, someday. Thanks for the review FedGunner.
I'm sure Sully was cringing inside while watching us with our scatterguns at the MG shoot. As soon as I can get some time off work and save the cash I WILL be taking this class! For those who have not yet noticed, I love shotguns.
Top Top