http://www.bggrgc.com/
Link Posted: 6/22/2006 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Openrange Indoor 100 yard rifle and 25 yard pistol
6401 Cross Keys Blvd
Crestwood (just east of Louisville), KY 40014
502-243-8282
openrangesports.com
Great staff (okay I'm biased).  Hands down the best indoor range in the south east... or north east... or central.. definately a contender for best indoor range in the US - no kidding....  There is a great range in AZ but ours is more personal.
Mancom interactive targetry (the best there is - no discussion needed for those who are in the know)
Plus an 11,000 sqft indoor paintball arena and a great pro shop.
Link Posted: 7/11/2006 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#3]
When do you open?

Also what calibers are allowed on the rifle range?

3 miles from my house.... I'm Lovin' it...
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#4]
We are open now and it is great.  We allow all calibers under a .50bmg.  No tracers, metal piercing, ballistic, steel core and only brass cartridges.

Come visit 11-8 mon, wed, thurs.  11-9 friday.  10-9 saturday, and 11-6 sunday.  Closed tues.  

www.openrangesports.com
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Openrange:
We are open now and it is great.  We allow all calibers under a .50bmg.  No tracers, metal piercing, ballistic, steel core and only brass cartridges.

Come visit 11-8 mon, wed, thurs.  11-9 friday.  10-9 saturday, and 11-6 sunday.  Closed tues.  

www.openrangesports.com

I stopped by today.......you where closed

will try again tomorrow
Link Posted: 12/11/2006 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Owensboro Rifle and Pistol Club
Location Lewisport Ky. (near Owensboro)
Orpci.com  
We shoot it all USPSA/IPSC,Bullseye,Benchrest our wed will tell you more come join in the fun with us.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 5:02:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By LeadHead05:
I just moved to Florence this weekend, anybody know of anything arround there?

Lead Head... Miami Rifle & Pistol
Link Posted: 4/25/2007 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Hello ! I'm in Michigan.  Wife and I visited KY this past week looking for a home to retire to.  We seem to like the area of Somerset.  Any ranges/Gun clubs  that would allow AR's?  We also visited Corbin and London. Nice State you fellows have there. I hope that this works out for us.

Gwhizzer
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Looking for "Outdoor Ranges" that are "FREE" to use near Georgetown and Lexington area. Anyone have a listing? Appreciate.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By RaineyRecon:
Looking for "Outdoor Ranges" that are "FREE" to use near Georgetown and Lexington area. Anyone have a listing? Appreciate.

There is a free gun range at the Kleber Wildlife Managment Area.  It's a good 30 minutes northwest of Georgetown.  That's the closest free range to Georgetown that you will find.  You have to shoot through steel tubes which isn't that great but it works.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:09:29 AM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
height=8
Originally Posted By RaineyRecon:

There is a free gun range at the Kleber Wildlife Managment Area.  It's a good 30 minutes northwest of Georgetown.  That's the closest free range to Georgetown that you will find.  You have to shoot through steel tubes which isn't that great but it works.

Appreciate. I've been there (Kleber) once,..but was hoping to find another.
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#12]
my backyard
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#13]
New here. I usually just look around, keep my mouth shut and stay hidden. (occupational hazard)  I live in MOntgomery County (whenever Uncle Sam doesn't have me somewhere else) and I belong to the Montgomery County Fish and Game Club. There is a rifle range with 300yard targets covered shooting lanes. A seperate pistol lane, and I believe a trap house. This is located out by the land fill. It is a private range $30 a year.

Ric

Link Posted: 3/3/2008 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 7:46:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 45gunslinger] [#15]
The Montgomery County Fish and Game Club  Ric
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 11:22:55 PM EDT
[#17]
If you want a contact number let me know. The sad thing about it is I live there but I've been traveling so much I cant use the facilities. I do keep member dues paid just incase it ever become "sorry sir you are not a previous member and we have no room for you"

Ric
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Ashland Gun Club

Members only, USPSA, IDPA, 3-gun

www.agcpd.com

Either email or IM for info

[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Ric - I emailed you for info on the Montgomery County Fish and Game Club but also wanted to post here that I was interested in getting the contact info. Thanks!

- Ken
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#20]
OK, no replies.

Does anyone have contact info for the  Montgomery County Fish and Game Club ???? Really appreciate any help.

- Ken
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By Jeep29:
I'll go first.
State owned range 5 miles west of Dawson Springs, KY right along Hwy 62.

Uncontrolled and you can shoot about anything you'd like. Just show up and shoot.

Ten shooting benches, covered, on concrete. Two hundred twenty yards to the berm.

Range is maintained by the Caldwell County Sportsmans Club. When they have scheduled events they own the range. They have Benchrest matches the second Sunday of the month. Other events just seem to happen. I don't have their phone number. No real facilities are availible besides an outhouse so if ya need it, take it with ya.

Ok fellas, fess up and tell us where you shoot.

I shoot at the same range.......
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 3:04:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chuckTLE] [#22]
Randy's Range in Sparta, KY - about 25 miles south of Florence KY on I-71.

250 yd range, 3 covered bench shooting positions, located on the property behind Randy's home.

$10 per adult, kids free.

Steel targets,

Plywood target platforms at 100, 200, and 250 yards.

Randy, the owner, is a very pleasant guy, and he wants his guests to feel comfortable. Bottled water, stapler guns, lead shot filled shooting rests, all there. Randy will sell you targets and provide eyes and ears if you require extras.

And he's a life member of NRA,.. and a good friend to shooters.

His site is here - directions, etc

www.randysrange.com

Link Posted: 8/26/2008 9:17:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ggreen] [#23]
Gwhizzer, there is a public gun range that is operated by the Forestry Dept. right outside of Burnside. It is the Keno gun range. Very well maintained. I think it is $3 per car. It also has a nice restroom facility, plenty of parking and a concrete sidewalk out to the range. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/13/2008 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By jrc316:
I live in Bowling Green, there is an indoor range here called, Firing Line, Pistol only, there is also an outdoor range on morgantown road, I was told dues were 30 bucks a year and do what you want, plan to check it out. Russ

this range was closed down about two months ago.....  triple r indoor range in glasgow closed down about a month ago as well
Link Posted: 9/13/2008 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#25]
there is a new range in park city that has just opened or that is getting ready to open. never been there, never heard anything about it until this morning when i was in another thread....Rockcastle Shooting Center. the following link gives some info on an upcoming event.  brm3g.com/  it's located at the park mammoth resort right outside of town.
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#26]
I am a member of this place.I dont recall a 200 yard range though! How did I miss that??
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 11:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunCat] [#27]
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#28]
There is a pretty good 100 yard range at Loylds wildlife reserve in Crittenden however you do have to shoot through the pipes off the bench some idiots some years back shot a bunch of holes in the lumber yard buildings and that ended the open rifle range.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Canoe Creek
http://canoecreekranch.com/new/index.html

Definitely a little on the Ghetto side, but cheap.
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 10:52:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: J825] [#30]
Originally Posted By KYGUNMAN:
There is a pretty good 100 yard range at Loylds wildlife reserve in Crittenden however you do have to shoot through the pipes off the bench some idiots some years back shot a bunch of holes in the lumber yard buildings and that ended the open rifle range.

You also can only place your targets so high on the stands because of those steel angled baffles they stuck on the ends of the tubs. You only have a rectangular slot at the end of the tube to shoot through. There's a big trench carved in the ground in front of all the tubes from all the shots that have ricochet'd straight down into the ground. A lot of first time shooters learning with iron sights have real trouble lining up a decent shot there now.

If you're shooting from a benchrest of some kind or a bipod and using optics (sighting in your deer rifle, etc) you can make do, but its' not the best place to take someone who's learning to shoot a rifle anymore.

From what I understand, it's entirely the fault of people who can't obey the posted rules of the range, especially the shotgun rule. The sign specifies no shotguns unless you're shooting slugs, and people continually broke that rule firing buckshot through the tubes, resulting in the WMA people having to replace the wooden target stands far more often than they might otherwise.

So... thanks to stupid people, it's now a much less friendly range to use than it used to be.
Link Posted: 8/7/2009 12:41:56 AM EDT
[#31]
I am at FT Campbell and I would like to update the range info here.

Range 16 on FT Campbell is open on the weekends and training holidays from 0930 until ???

There is no cost to use this range.

You can hang paper targets out to about 150meters and they have various steel silhouettes placed from 200 to 750 meters.

Rifles, pistols, and shotguns welcome, but they must be registered with the Provost Marshal's office before bringing them on post. This can be done at the welcome center located at gate 4.

There is a covered shooting area with concrete floor and wooden shooting benches with seats built on. Free targets are also provided if you don't bring any.

The range is located near the north end of Market Garden road. It is run by a nice guy named Dale that volunteers his time so please bring him something cold to drink or a little something to snack on if you stop by. He is out there all day.

Since FT Campbell is also home to the 5th SFG, it is really interesting to see some of the privately owned fireamrs these guys bring to the range. It is a very friendly atmosphere and run as a "Gentleman's range".

I am out there at least every other Saturday at opening time so send me a PM if you want to get together and shoot sometime.

Link Posted: 8/7/2009 9:16:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stump] [#32]
Link Posted: 8/8/2009 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I was at FT Campbell's Range 16 with my camera and took a couple of shots of the range.

The green target stand on the left is mine and it was at 25 meters. You can see the white metal silhouettes out from 200 meters to 750.

Here is a little more zoomed in on the metal targets. The black long rectangular thing below the farthest target on the right is an old APC hull.

Link Posted: 8/8/2009 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Is Range 16 open to the public?
Link Posted: 8/8/2009 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By GunCat:
Is Range 16 open to the public?

Only if you have an ID card to get on base or someone signs you on as a guest I think. Also any guns you bring to the range have to be registered on base.
Link Posted: 11/12/2009 5:59:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hi-powerman] [#36]
Re the range at Loylds Wildlife Reserve in Crittenden.   I have not been able to confirm this, but the rumor in the area is several rifles have been stolen by people sneaking out of the woods when you are down range with your target.    I've been on this range a few times when it is deserted during the week day mornings, so I just sling the rifle and go downrange.
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Ashland, Kentucky has the Ashland Gun Club facility which was mentioned earlier as well as North East Kentucky Fish & Game which has a rather nice facility with up to 400 meter ranges and a variety of activites for all those who enjoy sports that go bang.

Both are member only but with managable prices, if anyone is interested just send me a message.

Ashland Gun Club
http://www.agcpd.com/
[email protected]

North East Kentucky Fish & Game
1 606 928 4448
P.O. Box 5061
Ashland, Ky. 41105-5061
http://www.nekfg.com/
Link Posted: 8/4/2010 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By chuckTLE:
Randy's Range in Sparta, KY - about 25 miles south of Florence KY on I-71.

250 yd range, 3 covered bench shooting positions, located on the property behind Randy's home.

$10 per adult, kids free.

Steel targets,

Plywood target platforms at 100, 200, and 250 yards.

Randy, the owner, is a very pleasant guy, and he wants his guests to feel comfortable. Bottled water, stapler guns, lead shot filled shooting rests, all there. Randy will sell you targets and provide eyes and ears if you require extras.

And he's a life member of NRA,.. and a good friend to shooters.

His site is here - directions, etc

www.randysrange.com

Randy is a good friend of mine.  Obviously my favorite place to shoot!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#39]
I shot at Randy's Range last weekend and had a good time.  It was definitely like shooting in someone's back yard (which you are), but the place was very tidy and Randy was exceptionally cool.  It was worth the ten bucks he charges.  My friend and I were the only guys with black rifles (his was an AR-10) and I don’t think his regulars with the .22's liked the noise.  We were well mannered but I still feel like we were getting the stink eye.  Keep in mind he only has three benches so if it's crowded you are going to have to take turns.  All in all Randy gets a thumbs up from me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I just joined the North East Kentucky Fish & Game but its been 3 weeks and i still haven't got my member ship info back, i cant wait to go up there and shot some its a really nice range.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Where's the best outdoor range near Georgetown? Got a 10 year old that's itching to shoot his new rifles.
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I would say the closest to Gtown is the Kleber & Rich WMA range, but you have to shoot through large pipes....
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Been to Kleber,...but not to Richmond WMA. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I went to open range and had a blast... spent a fortune but had a blast.  Better get their early if you want to shoot rifles!
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#45]
How do you know what you hit and how accurate you were, you cant just walk out there and check ??
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 11:42:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stumasters] [#46]
There is a new range for 2011 that just recently opened it's doors in Cave City Kentucky, just South of Glasgow, in between Glasgow and Bowling Green.  The range goes by the name of Cedar Ridge Shooting Academy.  

Current ranges :

2- 40 yard pistol bays, with turning targets
1- 100 yard general purpose rifle/handgun range
1- 300 yard rifle range
1- Trap ranges with 3 professional wobbler voice activated throwers

Future Ranges:

1- extra 100 yard general purpose
1- 600 yard rifle range
1- 3d Archery range

On site:  There is a gun shop on sight which deals in everything from handguns and accessories to rifles.  Gun shop contains a members meeting/banquet room, restrooms, kitchen for event catering, and ranges.

Membership is available or by the day pricing.

This dealer is a Class 3 dealer, and carries a wide variety of guns including AR style rifles and accessories.

On site trainers and classes available covering a wide range of things, from CCD and saftey to tactics and self defense.

one on one training available.

I have been a member now for a few weeks, use the place all the time.  It's getting a little better every day but has tons of room for upgrades and future endeavors.  

**** Please note this range has changed ownership and therefore names ****  I have not been there since sometime last year, no new info on the overall progress of the range.

Yet another update :-) I went today to see what's changed here, looks like it's a private range now but owned by some people who were working there previously.  It's a quarterly membership or open to public on Saturdays.  Ranges are still the same, their website however is not.  See it here. .
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Looking for any backyard ranges around daviess or Ohio co. If no on has one I would be interested in setting one up. I have a lil place in Ohio co now. Not nething great but would like to find something I could set up permanently.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#48]
I go to Owensboro Rifle & Pistol club. The place is great. Has rifle, pistol, shotgun ranges and several competitions a year.

http://www.orpci.org/

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Here is the correct link for Anderson County Sportsman's club:
http://www.acsc-ky.us/

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Been shooting at Randy's since it opened and I highly recommend it. Great guy.
Page / 3
Tacked Kentucky Ranges (Page 2 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top