Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2003 2:40:24 PM EDT
Hey, I live in Northern KY in Kenton county about a 5 minute drive from Cincinnati OH. Does anyone know of a public rifle range that is within any logical driving distance?(i.e. 30 minutes or around there)

Knob Creek takes about 1.5 hours.
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 7:00:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Hero,

Let me know if you find out about one.  I'm in Florence.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Will do man! I go to that Lloyd wildlife preserve thing to sight in my rifles. It's o.k. for that but otherwise you are shooting through a 15 foot long tube for "shot control". The tubes are probably the only way that they could work out having an unmanned rifle range.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#3]
COME ON!!! There has to be somewhere within 30-45 minutes drive from the river (Cincy) to shoot here in NKY.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I live in Cinci, but know of no public rifle ranges short of an hour or better away.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#5]

I'd love to find one, as well (Just moved to NokY about a month ago - Crestview Hills area).  I know there's a small indoor range for pistols, but nothing around here for rifles it seems.

Maybe we should start one?  Anyone have some land?

Patriot
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have lived in Northern Ky all my life , I know of no range close to shoot rifles.  Went to the Kyana shoot saturday at Knob Creek,with AR.com guys and girls - great time, and great people. If knob creek is all we got , One and 1/2 hours away might not be so bad ,would it?   If you guy find a good place please, please, please,let me know.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#7]
hey patriot, I live in Crestview Hills. The neighbor hood across from Dillard's!

AR15-NUT, I would have loved to meet you guys at the creek on Sat, but I had to work. I will be down there on Memorial Day weekend with some buddies. One of which has an M16A1, an UZI and a mini UZI, so we will be having fun that day.

I will check back at the Hometown here occasionally so maybe I can meet you guys down there next time!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Hero, It was the best time. The guys were great they made my wife and me very welcome. Bob had some bottles of tannerite to shoot inside old computers. We must have had them too close because we were throwing computer parts under the stand, the last one {my wife shot}they said they were going to throw us out. We stopped, and only shot computers and everything was fine.I will try to make it Memorial Day, I'll get back with you later.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
hey patriot, I live in Crestview Hills. The neighbor hood across from Dillard's!

Hero,

Pretty cool.  I live about 5 min from there over across from the hospital.  Just moved to the area.  Seems pretty nice.  I'm looking for a close watering hole to quench my thirst every now and then.  Any recommendations?  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:27:00 AM EDT
[#10]
From where you are, I have heard of the Outback bar which is in the little shopping center across Turkeyfoot road from Summit Hills country club. There is a to-go larosa's pizza there also as a reference point. If you don't mind a drive down to Covington though, you can find a bar that is to your liking from the many to choose from down there. Parking is a little tougher, and it gets busy on weekend nights down there. Sometimes the scenery makes up for this though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Hero                                             What day are you going to Knob creek on Memorial Day weekend?                           Daryl
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:08:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Haven't figured that out yet. My buddy is active at Bragg and when he gets into town is always iffy. It is usually a last minute thing, but if I find out in time I will post it. Otherwise, next month we three should all try to schedule something. Hopefully my new upper will have made it here from Bushmaster by then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top