Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/6/2003 11:34:27 AM EDT
Has anyone found a Gun friendly self storage place in MA? I'm about 20 miles outside of Boston and need a place to store my stuff for about 6 days while moving. I've been unable to find any laws about storing them in a locked, alarmed, staffed self-storage unit.

When I ask what the policy is about storing firearms I get told "No way in Hell!!". I feel like they want to call the police for even asking such a question.

Has anyone done this? In or out of MA?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:51:05 AM EDT
ive never heard of self storage, but have you considered the police station? I think I heard of someone doing that...or a local FFL.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:06:49 AM EDT
How many guns you have?
I live In north central mass have a small
gun safe depending on how many guns you have.
I would store them for ya for free.
I am about 1hour from boston and live right off route 2.

Shoot me a IM if interested also let me know how may rifles/ handguns you have.

Jeff
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:07:51 AM EDT
Centermass were are you from?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:28:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/7/2003 2:28:55 PM EDT by Blue_Monkey]
AG Guns&Ammo in Lowell offers secure firearms storage for $5 a month.

www.agguns.com/ag/storage.html

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:56:28 PM EDT
our 3 ton stainless steel vault; vacuumed sealed, under ground storage facility.

Sounds Good. I think this will work out. I've had people tell me nothing but horror stories about self storage places.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:08:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/8/2003 2:08:43 AM EDT by centermass181]
Im from Wayland, live in southboro. You?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:46:45 AM EDT
Live in Templeton near NH border. Do You buy stuff from village gun shop? Used to buy from them but they are to expensive.

prebaneqnox
AGGUNS sounds like a great storage place.

P.S. Your welcome for the offer
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:11:07 AM EDT
99si-mass: Thank you for the offer. I didn't mean to be rude. I got to looking at AG Guns&Ammo’s website and got distracted. I’m thinking about picking up a few things and they seem to have them at ok prices.

I’m in the Natick/Framingham area. I’ve heard sketchy things about the Village Gun Shop but I’m not sure how biased they were. I went in once and was not impressed with the customer service. Seems like they only wanted to talk to you if you were 50+ and they had known you since high school.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:19:28 AM EDT
Not offended just busting you chops.
Hey I went to college in Framingham right off route 9 by bose. Before ITT moved to norwood.
Villige is price and service could be improved most the guys are like that but dick the manager is cool. Another place right down the road is the gun room its down by rayco car stereo on 9east.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:09:27 AM EDT
I live right near Village Guns, I havent bought any firearms there, but I do buy stuff there, I like the guys there, more friendly than the other local stores, doesnt feel like you interrupted someones secret meeting.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:23:25 AM EDT
Right next to a gun store.. that is a shame.

You aren't looking for a roommate are you? 2 weeks left and counting...
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:59:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/9/2003 4:02:32 PM EDT by centermass181]
well the place may be up for rent come end of summer, looks like the mass nat'l guard is going OCONUS once again. Dammit.

Are you from Natick?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:33:51 PM EDT
Yep. I could just sleep on the commons for the summer. I could get a little tent and King Wok to deliver. I don’t know how I could go wrong.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:17:51 AM EDT
I grew up down by the mass pike bridge by DQ, graduated NHS 91. where do you shoot?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:18:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2003 8:20:40 PM EDT by LenS]
When I had major renovations and an addition done to my house in 2000-2001, I stored all my long-arms (except my CAR-15) in my storage bin at Extra Storage. Only one I "asked permission" of was my gun insurer (who wanted some pictures and info on the place). My Wife and I brought the guns in and out of Extra Storage "in darkness" (evening hours) and covered the gun sleeves with tarps so that they weren't visible to their cameras. As soon as all the contractors left here, I moved them back home.

A lesson worth learning from a great lady, Adm. Grace Hopper "It is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission!". I live by that rule. If you called almost anywhere (a restaurant, theatre, library, museum, etc.) and asked them if it was "OK" to carry a firearm while visiting their premises, I could almost guarantee that you would be told "NO" (even though you have a LTC and no law prohibits it). That isn't "law", it's someone's foolish and prejudicial rule. Don't ask, just do what you must do. [NOTE: Extra Storage was an indoor storage facility (climate controlled), with cameras in every hallway and alarms on every storage bin, so safety was really quite good. I would never store firearms in an outdoor storage facility due to climate-induced problems and easy target for theft.]

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:09:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LenS:
When I had major renovations and an addition done to my house in 2000-2001, I stored all my long-arms (except my CAR-15) in my storage bin at Extra Storage. Only one I "asked permission" of was my gun insurer (who wanted some pictures and info on the place). My Wife and I brought the guns in and out of Extra Storage "in darkness" (evening hours) and covered the gun sleeves with tarps so that they weren't visible to their cameras. As soon as all the contractors left here, I moved them back home.

A lesson worth learning from a great lady, Adm. Grace Hopper "It is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission!". I live by that rule. If you called almost anywhere (a restaurant, theatre, library, museum, etc.) and asked them if it was "OK" to carry a firearm while visiting their premises, I could almost guarantee that you would be told "NO" (even though you have a LTC and no law prohibits it). That isn't "law", it's someone's foolish and prejudicial rule. Don't ask, just do what you must do. [NOTE: Extra Storage was an indoor storage facility (climate controlled), with cameras in every hallway and alarms on every storage bin, so safety was really quite good. I would never store firearms in an outdoor storage facility due to climate-induced problems and easy target for theft.]

Very good points made. thanks!
Top Top