Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/27/2006 9:08:41 PM EDT
This will be my first "big" gun show. I am heading to Tulsa Friday night with the fiance and some friends, and staying until Sunday. I'm lookin for a treasure map of all the good booths because I have heard the show is almost too big to see it all. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Take some good walking shoes and don't expect to find that many deals on typical stuff such as Glocks, Sigs, etc   $500+ used glocks and $600 NIB aren't uncommon at the Wanne.   Usually there are some good deals on surplus SKSs and such......not to mention ammo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
What about 1911's? That is kinda what I am in the market for (specifically a GI model for about 400 bucks). I will definately take a look at SKS's too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What about 1911's? That is kinda what I am in the market for (specifically a GI model for about 400 bucks). I will definately take a look at SKS's too.

I saw RIAs around from 330 to 400.  Both of which are overpriced IMO since you can get them on the net for $300.  SA Mil-specs are probably going to be a bit high like $450-475 but that's a guess from shows here in Tulsa lately.  If you see one that is high, go back Sunday and make them an offer....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:25:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Take a notepad and a pen.  When you find something interesting, write down the booth number so you can find it later.  If you are buying ammo, wait until you are about to leave so you don't have to lug it around.  Take a ruck or something similar if you plan to buy parts, etc.  That makes it a ton easier to carry.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
You can see the whole show in a day. But be prepared to spend an easy 6-8 hours doing it.

Like these guys said, take a notepad and write down prices, items & booth #'s.
I like to be there late on Sunday....there's always someone willing to make a deal
when the show's about over.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:20:45 AM EDT
[#6]
It's a little late in the game now, but the best way to see the show is to get a booth. Go in with some other guys and split the cost. The best deals are had before the actual start of the show when it's just the vendors present. The flip side to that is the people who seek you out trying to sell their gear when the show actually starts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do like I do, go in with some other queens and split the cost. .

Fixed it for you, fairy princess!
Are you going to be there in street clothes or drag, Love_lips?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh lord.....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry gardman007. I'm just giving Lester  Love_lips  back what he gives out. We'll see how he likes it!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sorry gardman007. I'm just giving Lester  Love_lips  back what he gives out. We'll see how he likes it!

I really don't appreciate you ragging on our former pivot man like that,Dan.
Back in the day he was a valiant performer.
FWIW
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I hear alot about the prices of ammo being good. What should I look for? What is a good price per round, etc?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I will be there on Saturday.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I will be there bolth days, My table's are at 15B, stop by and say Hi.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I will be there bolth days, My table's are at 15B, stop by and say Hi.

Three of us coming up from Austin.  Will make it a point to stop by and say Hi.
~m38a1
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Ill be there sat...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:53:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I won't be there at all, I can still order stuff online cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:29:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1
The only real good deals there are FTF transactions with non-vendors.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:52:50 AM EDT
[#19]
The best deals at Tulsa are going to be had with a vendor's booth. It's amazing what people will approach you to sell and what they want in return.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The best deals at Tulsa are going to be had with a vendor's booth. It's amazing what people will approach you to sell and what they want in return.

I wish all of your posts were that civil. We might all get along better.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
The only real good deals there are FTF transactions with non-vendors.

Exactly..... I've only found one or two vendors there that was worth a damn.... a majority of firearms I've bought from a show came from non-vendors.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish all of your posts were that civil. We might all get along better.

Is this where we're supposed to hug? Because I ain't gonna hug if there's a chance my ass is getting grabbed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Usually there are some good deals on surplus.....not to mention ammo.

Could you tell me what would be considered a "good deal" on ammo.  I'm a new AR-15 owner. live in Tulsa and want to take advantage of the specials while not allowing anyone to take advantage of me.... Also, as I'm looking for optics, are there any caveats on used Aimpoint or EOTechs?  I'm just  plinking at the range with my son and may only need something cheap but thought I'd see if I could get any information at the "12th hour".

Thanks in advance.  This forum has been amazing.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Usually there are some good deals on surplus.....not to mention ammo.

Could you tell me what would be considered a "good deal" on ammo.  I'm a new AR-15 owner. live in Tulsa and want to take advantage of the specials while not allowing anyone to take advantage of me.... Also, as I'm looking for optics, are there any caveats on used Aimpoint or EOTechs?  I'm just  plinking at the range with my son and may only need something cheap but thought I'd see if I could get any information at the "12th hour".

Thanks in advance.  This forum has been amazing.

I never buy ammo at the Tulsa show when I attend, so I'm not sure if I could give any specific advice. However, you might use what you find at www.ammoman.com or www.sportsmansguide.com as a rule of thumb. Ammoman won't be the cheapest you can find, but neither will it be the most expensive. I've heard people say they can find ammo as cheap as or cheaper than the Wanenmacher show from Ammoman. Sportsman's Guide is usually as cheap as you can find, but their selection is sometimes limited and they are often out of stock. It comes down to how much of a hurry you "need" your ammo.

As far as optics, I've never found any deals there. The Wanenmacher show for its size is tending to draw lots of cash-rich folks with little time or will to bargain. You can guess the rest, though some of the people have already alluded to that. On some things, yeah, there are some deals, but a lot of it comes down to what the demand is.

It's still a good show and fun to attend, but keep your head while you're there.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Aim surplus has always had the best prices for surplus ammo for me.  Especially the South African 7.62 unless the prices have went up since I bought my last case.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I just ordered some 7.62x39mm FMJ from Ammoman. I'm willing to bet $149 per case is a good price. That price includes shipping to my door. So, I already save $5 at least on gas to the show, $10 on admission to the show...etc, etc. I don't have to fight the parking NIGHTMARE, the crowds, the BS artists, the tired feet, etc etc. I bet I'll come out ahead of Weeniewackers Gunshow.

And, as far as equipment goes, I've gotten MUCH better deals of the Equipment Exchange here and off of AuctionArms than I ever saw at the Weeniewackers Gunshow.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Great advice guys.  Thanks much.  Now I'm wavering on even attending, although I think that it would be a great place to gauge what the "cash-rich" are actually willing to pay for something   Plus, I enjoy watching and learning.  Keep me in mind if any of you fellow Okies decide to sell an Aimpoint or EOTech at a good price.  I'm not looking for show, just function...

thx again.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Just checking in. We just got to our hotel here in Tulsa!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Great advice guys.  Thanks much.  Now I'm wavering on even attending, although I think that it would be a great place to gauge what the "cash-rich" are actually willing to pay for something   Plus, I enjoy watching and learning.  Keep me in mind if any of you fellow Okies decide to sell an Aimpoint or EOTech at a good price.  I'm not looking for show, just function...

thx again.

It's still fun to go to.  I mean there's SO MANY guns!!  Just don't expect any screaming deals from vendors.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll be there, I always renew my NRA membership at the April show, so I get in for free by doing that anyway. Plus I need to pick up some more 7.62x39 ammo!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'll be there, I always renew my NRA membership at the April show, so I get in for free by doing that anyway. Plus I need to pick up some more 7.62x39 ammo!

Dan-357...since you're picking up some ammo you're going to be going to the 2nd Annual JTAC Shoot  right? Its not like you won't have the ammo!!!!   I don't know if you went to the 1st one last year, but its a blast....no pun intended! Good people, good guns, good times had by all that attended! I promise you, you will enjoy yourself!

Rat
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#32]
No, I didn't make it to the one last year, I saw the post  about it though, it sure looked like good times!
Will have to see if I can swing going this year.

BTW- I'm on here all the time, I just usually lurk more than I post!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted: It's still fun to go to.  I mean there's SO MANY guns!!

I remember the 1st time I went to this show...right after or right before the infamous Clinton Gun Ban happened...I could've picked up a Chinese AK-47 75 round drum for $45 bucks....but I kept walking....I went back to where it was (I YHINK i went back to where i THOUGHT it was...BAM...gone!!) I messed up big time...for those of you that don't know, if you come across a Chinese 75 or 100 round drum for AK's...and its less that $100 bucks, buy it! Last few years 75 round Chinese drums are going for like $150-ish......DAMNIT! I culd've had my 2nd 75 round drum....but NOOOOOOOOOOO......I had to walk 67 more Isles to see that was a good deal...then either forget where it was or walk past the booth cause someone already bought it! *kicking slef repeatedly still*

And Sig...you'll be at the 2nd Annual JTAC Shoot as well right?? weather permitting of course.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
No, I didn't make it to the one last year, I saw the post  about it though, it sure looked like good times!

I can send you a copy of the video I took from last year so you can see what you missed....as long as you promise to mute it when you watch it!! ARGH! My 1st time using a borrowed cam corder...i narrarated WAYYY TOO MUCH!! hahahaha If you can get over my talking and sounding like an idiot, you'll like the video! LOL

And if my buddy lets me borrow his cam again, I PROMISE, to not talk much at all!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

And if my buddy lets me borrow his cam again, I PROMISE, to not talk much at all!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bring my DVR I just bought - in case a Bigfoot runs across the range or a UFO hovers overhead.
I won't worry about your talking too much Rat - you may choke on all the shit you keep giving me!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll bring my DVR

You have an official camera man for that there fancy DVR good buddy???  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can send you a copy of the video I took from last year so you can see what you missed....as long as you promise to mute it when you watch it!! ARGH! My 1st time using a borrowed cam corder...i narrarated WAYYY TOO MUCH!! hahahaha If you can get over my talking and sounding like an idiot, you'll like the video! LOL

sounds like a character flaw.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'll be there, I always renew my NRA membership at the April show, so I get in for free by doing that anyway.

That is what I do also in April.  Not only do you get in free, you get $10 off the membership fee, $25 instead of $35.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Could you tell me what would be considered a "good deal" on ammo.  

Depends on the caliber.... but I have gotten good deals on blazer brass .45 and some speer .357sig Lawman from the ammunitionstore.com who had a booth there.....   who knows this year..... since ammo has been steadily going up.

I'll agree with the keep your head about you..... you will see a ton of ridiculous prices with a few deals mixed in.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:03:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Well... I suppose I'd better get to bed since doors open in 5 hours.  Thanks again for all the help...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Where is the JTAC booth? I walked the whole middle section, top and bottom, and didn't the booth.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Where is the JTAC booth? I walked the whole middle section, top and bottom, and didn't the booth.

Jason didn't get a table this time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#43]
wolf  7.62x39=$4-FMJ  20 rds....$5-HP  20 rds....wolf 5.56 polmer steel=$65  500rds...$125  1000 rds...but I got the last  1/2 case at that table....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
wolf  7.62x39=$4-FMJ  20 rds....$5-HP  20 rds....wolf 5.56 polmer steel=$65  500rds...$125  1000 rds...but I got the last  1/2 case at that table....

No wonder I didn't see any Wolf 5.56  

I did buy my wife some handcuffs.....I hope they fit her
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#45]
no wolf......... WTF kinda gun show is that...........let me gues jerky and beany baby's........

OK what about reloading supplies......... any good deal's i'm bored....... i may drive to tulsa tommorow..... and kill 2 birds with one stone...... if i don't have to babysit
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
no wolf......... WTF kinda gun show is that...........let me gues jerky and beany baby's........

OK what about reloading supplies......... any good deal's i'm bored....... i may drive to tulsa tommorow..... and kill 2 birds with one stone...... if i don't have to babysit hr

I looked and couldn't find anything to spend money on....had bulk bullets but they were more expensive than I can get locally and on the net...no powder to be found...the guy who has the large reloader supply booth...i.e. cabinets of stuff on both sides of the isle...wasn't there...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

No kidding! I had to skip the 7.62x39 and just buy some .223. I had no idea that prices went up that much. First time I've ever seen wolf .223 cheaper than 7.62x39!
I bought 500 rounds last April for about $50, and now it's over $100!

Oh well, guess I'll look around online, or wait for it to go down a bit more.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:38:08 AM EDT
[#48]
So what kind of prices did you see on 7.62x39 Wolf FMJ?  Was the post I made a few posts ago pretty much accurate?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:47:14 AM EDT
[#49]
if you can find 7.62x39 it will be higher than the price of groceries!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
...no powder to be found...the guy who has the large reloader supply booth...i.e. cabinets of stuff on both sides of the isle...wasn't there...

The show has officially devolved into a "must-miss" for me. One thing that I had especially liked about the show in years past was the price and selection of reloading components, powder in particular. It was a good place to buy bulk powders that weren't otherwise available locally. And at a good price, too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top