Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 9:07:18 AM EDT
Could someone point the way to a CCW class in the OKC area?  My wife and I want to go ahead and get it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#1]
And while we're on the subject, could we get a tacked thread like the Ranges thread above?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#2]
don't know if they still do them or not, but H&H gun range used to do classes for $50 bucks on I think tues. and sat.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a guy that does them at Banner on occasion for $50 and he supplies the weapon, Ruger MKII's And I belive the ammo as well. His name is Richard something or another. I can get his contact info. tomorrow and post it.

I took mine at Bob Howard's.  Not likely now though as they have shut down.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Now...if I got a CCW....could I theoretically carry an AR15 pistol?? Assuming I was able to keep it concealed n all that good stuff....??
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't see why not.

IIRC the only restriction there really is, is for caliber.  Nothing over .45.

So, no carrying that big bad boy 50AE Desert Eagle around.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Do not quote me on this! I do belive this question came up in my CCW class and I belive the answer was "Yes as it is concidered a handgun, but it must be totally concealed and registered"

I belive that is what the man said and I belive that was word for word. Like I said though, do not quote me on that. I am simply the messanger!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do not quote me on this! I do belive this question came up in my CCW class and I belive the answer was "Yes as it is concidered a handgun, but it must be totally concealed and registered"

I belive that is what the man said and I belive that was word for word. Like I said though, do not quote me on that. I am simply the messanger!

Sorry but I had to quote you   This registration you speak of is BS.   there is no OK state law for gun registration.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry but I had to quote you   This registration you speak of is BS.   there is no OK state law for gun registration.

I was just relaying the info. I obtained from the instructor at my CCW class. I knew there were no registration law's, But I took it to mean this was a special provision for carrying an AR pistol.
I do not know and I figured he did. Thank's for the info. though!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Elven Flood
1-800-235-1921

I met this guy last weekend seemed like a pretty good guy .......
He travels all over the state doing ccw class's ...........
Give him a call i'm sure he would be happy to tell you the dates he has set up in your area ........

cost is 60 bucks + 10 if you want photos .......

just a guess on the ar pistol thing ........ probably meant that it had to be "registered" as a pistol on the 4473  don't get me to lying
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#10]
H&H has some nice classes
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
H&H has some nice classes

go to H&H thats where i went and took the saturday class and got it done in one day.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to charge $35 to do the classes - including range time at Howard's Gun Range in OKC.
The stories I could tell about teaching the classes is astounding!
Just be safe and watch the other people on the firing line! Some of the intstructors from what I hear are not real sharp with 6 or 7 people shooting at one time!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:11:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I used to charge $35 to do the classes - including range time at Howard's Gun Range in OKC.
The stories I could tell about teaching the classes is astounding!
Just be safe and watch the other people on the firing line! Some of the intstructors from what I hear are not real sharp with 6 or 7 people shooting at one time!

at h&h they are real safe they have 2 instructors on the line per 7 people. ( ithink it was 7 maybe 8)
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:48:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the info guys.  The Edmond PD told us we just had a rapist move in two houses down and my wife is freaked.  I am prior army, so not too concerned with the CCW, but she needs much training.  I have never been much for a pistol, but am going to have to brush up and she and I are going to have to put in some range time.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#15]
oh man, if your looking for training, you'd be better off buying a bunch of ammo and showing her yourself, than trying to learn anything from a CCL course, these guys are just there to help you get your license, hell a very good friend of mines mother got her CCL on the first try, and she'd never even held a pistol before, she literly shot with her eyes closed and passed,

so yeah, if it were me, I'd show her the basics of how a pistol works, then spend lots of time dry firing it, and when she's comfortable with that, move up to live ammo and make plenty of trips to the range,

the dry firing can be done while watching tv, when I do get the chance to watch tv, I pratice then, rack the slide, aquire two handed grip, aim at something on the screen and squeeze the trigger, then repete, you get used to drawing, aquiring the grip, aquiring a sight picture and performing the squeeze of the trigger, and most of all familiarity of handling your prefered weapon

I probably can dry fire about 700 to 1k times during a movie, do it so much that it doesn't even seem out of the norm for me, plus its a time saver, I get much needed practice and entertainment at the same time,

when she get used to and very familar with the pistol, take her out in the country where theres no one to distract her while shooting, once she gets used to that, then take her to one of the indoor ranges with other shooters and noise, within no time she'll be a pretty decent shot and confident in handling a pistol.

oh, I probably don't have to say this, but make sure she leaves the mag out and visually clears the chamber before practice, since joining this site, I've read of more negligent gun handling than I ever would have believed possible, seems as if someones always pulling the trigger on a loaded gun cause they don't check to see if its loaded and posting about it weekly,

man, this is just my opinion, I'm nothing more than a professionial bum, but I taught my oldest daughter how to shoot a S&W model 36 this way when she was 6, she caught on faster than her mother and both were pretty decent shots.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info guys.  The Edmond PD told us we just had a rapist move in two houses down and my wife is freaked.  I am prior army, so not too concerned with the CCW, but she needs much training.  I have never been much for a pistol, but am going to have to brush up and she and I are going to have to put in some range time.

Damn,    If it were me I would confront the guy  in a cival manor and let him know that I know about him and will have my eye on him along with making it known that I and my family along with other families are ready to take action against him in any manor including death if he should step out of line.  I am sure he would understand given his background.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn,    If it were me I would confront the guy  in a cival manor and let him know that I know about him and will have my eye on him along with making it known that I and my family along with other families are ready to take action against him in any manor including death if he should step out of line.  I am sure he would understand given his background.  

or it just might make him mad. do you actually want a rapist mad at you and your wife??
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:03:42 AM EDT
[#18]
the shit of the whole deal, is that I think oklahoma has a law against harassing the fuckers, it'd be the shits to get a stalking charge slapped on you for telling the sonofabitch to stay away from your family/yard/basic AO, then to top it all off, if your convicted of stalking, I think you lose your gun ownership previledges?

of course I ain't a cop, lawyer or judge so I don't know for sure, I'm just glad I'm not in your position oh39, it'd be hard to keep from throwing stones and yelling and cussing everytime I seen him looking at my house.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:52:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Oh sure, you get notified when one moves in, I have one that moved in next door to me about year ago, and before that he lived two house over from that one, renting, now he is buying, SOB is a damn child molester to boot.  

I found out when I was looking through the Oklahoma sex offender registry.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Let someone else train your wife to shoot! I'm not kidding about this! I've been an instructor for a long time and my wife WILL NOT let me show her anything about a handgun. I've had to separate the wifes from husbands when teaching CCW classes because of the male/female thing.
I've seen lots of fights between the men and women on the fring range and have learned to keep them separate when giving instruction on the range.
Contact me via IM and I will give her instruction at no charge. I've done this several times fro friends' wives and look at it as my civil duty!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

or it just might make him mad. do you actually want a rapist mad at you and your wife??

I am not the type to be intimidated by someone who is pissed off at me and I wont go out of my way to keep from pissing someone off like that.  I wont and dont tollerate that kind of shit where I live.   Any criminal should worry more about pissing me off then being pissed at me.  Of course I am 26, not married and have no kids.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Elven Flood
1-800-235-1921

I met this guy last weekend seemed like a pretty good guy .......
He travels all over the state doing ccw class's ...........
Give him a call i'm sure he would be happy to tell you the dates he has set up in your area ........

cost is 60 bucks + 10 if you want photos .......

just a guess on the ar pistol thing ........ probably meant that it had to be "registered" as a pistol on the 4473  don't get me to lying

I think acman is right.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Now...if I got a CCW....could I theoretically carry an AR15 pistol?? Assuming I was able to keep it concealed n all that good stuff....??

I read up on this same question.  Here's what most of it said:

If it's a 9mm version, it would be 100% okay.  If it's a 223, you might have a problem.  You can't carry anything larger than a .45.    Is a .223 larger than a .45?  Depends on how you define larger.    
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it's a 9mm version, it would be 100% okay.  If it's a 223, you might have a problem.  You can't carry anything larger than a .45.    Is a .223 larger than a .45?  Depends on how you define larger.    

I believe that anything over a 45 cal diameter is how "larger" is defined.  It would not make sense to say anything more powerful then a 45 since there are many pistol rounds under 45cal that are loaded to be more powerful.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if it were based off of lenght, then that would eliminate all the revolver cartridges.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#26]
+1 for H&H
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top