Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/6/2006 5:45:15 PM EDT

Some bass pictures of the ones my son throws back!

One of the young men here has some of the best "canyon ponds" to fish in the state. Some 9 and 10 lb bass are in those ponds. I ain't gonna tell you his name, but he haunts the same area I do.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:51:35 PM EDT
eh......................thats the size I use for bait,
what are those Dan, golf course ponds?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:02:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ndenway:
eh......................thats the size I use for bait,
what are those Dan, golf course ponds?

NO, they AIN'T golf course ponds! One of them is a creek by the house, the other two are ponds we have access too.
You use that size for bait, huh?
When it comes to fishing and sex, the first liar never stands a chance!
I'm gonna drag your big ass to a couple of them ponds and let my boy give you a lesson or two on catching fish, Brother L!
And if he don't show you how it's done, I'm gonna do it!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:08:13 PM EDT
sounds good to me, I normaly do all my fishing at long john silver's these days, I could do with catching some crappie, hadn't fished for them since I sold my boat, but any bass I catch I'll be throwing back, they taste like ass.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:15:26 PM EDT

sounds good to me, I normaly do all my fishing at long john silver's these days, I could do with catching some crappie, hadn't fished for them since I sold my boat, but any bass I catch I'll be throwing back, they taste like ass.

Man, I'm ruined on fish. We've been catching trout in New Mexico for over 10 years now, and always bring home several messes. The only fish that tastes better to me than trout is walleye!
We just finished eating the crappie, -Matt and me. His mom is in Houston and just called. She asked if we saved her any of the crappie and I told her no.
It was good, but not great. Bass and catfish don't taste all that great to me either. I guess that cold, clear water makes for a better tasting fish. I grew up on catfish and bass - we always cleaned and ate what we caught.
I've got a damn good catfish pond we can hit one of these weekends, Brother L. Chicken liver seems to be really good in the spring at this pond!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:43:03 PM EDT
Do tell

I need a new fishing hole
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:05:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By oubeta:
Do tell

I need a new fishing hole

Yeah, I bet!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:31:33 PM EDT
Damn, here we go fish now to........
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:09:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1shott:

It's OK, 1shott! I told Matt if he finds any antler sheds while fishing or turkey hunting, to save them for you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:23:45 AM EDT
Those are some nice looking fishing pics. He should send them to meteorologist Dick Faurot over on KOTV's Ch. 6 in Tulsa. He'll probably air them on TV with his Fishing with Faurot segment.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:53:01 AM EDT
Those are super looking fish.

We have a pond that we let the kids fish at on our farm and it's too easy. You throw your line in and within seconds you have this cute little minnow (actually a little bigger) sized fish on the line. You could sit out there all day and catch and release 'em.

We're getting ready to stock our other pond out there and maybe have some actualy decent fishing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:49:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By danc46:

It's OK, 1shott! I told Matt if he finds any antler sheds while fishing or turkey hunting, to save them for you.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:17:08 PM EDT

1shott, this is weird. Matt saw a buck while fishing STILL sporting its antlers. They should have dropped off already!!!!!! When we start mushroom hunting here in a few weeks (its probably gonna be slim pickin's if we don't get some rain!) we should find some!
Anyway, I thought it worth mentioning that he saw a buck with antlers yesterday!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:26:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 4:27:30 PM EDT by Ndenway]

! When we start mushroom hunting here in a few weeks (its probably gonna be slim pickin's if we don't get some rain!) we should find some!

I thought the eating kind of mushrooms, grew in the dark and were fed horseshit, my dad had one of the shitaki grow logs that you seed, feed and water, I'll have to ask him if he ever got any mushrooms offa it.

good luck on your shroom' hunt.......... duuuuuuude.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:55:07 AM EDT

good luck on your shroom' hunt.......... duuuuuuude.

All I know are the morels and that's the type we pick. The purple ones will make you swing out of a tree singing Glory Hallelujah!
Last ones Matt brought home I fried up that afternoon. They were good with a venison roast I had in a slow cooker and poke salad he'd brought home also.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:59:57 PM EDT
Nice looking fish!
I didn't realize we had enough water to fish in anymore.
Top Top