Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/27/2005 12:22:11 AM EDT
We were on the old man's place this evening and I was showing some guys where to cut some wood. Matt, my son, came driving up around dark, and told us about just hitting a bobcat with an arrow. His flashlight was down and I gave him mine.
His arrow passed THROUGH the bobcat - blood on the fletchings, shaft scratched almost the entire length from scraping bone. The tom got into the brush, THICK, THICK, THICK brush, after jumping 5 to 6 ft in the air, doing a 180 and running/stumbling into the brush.
Matt didn't find it, but I am going back this morning - after I get shots in my knees and looking. Daylight will make a big difference. I'm going to get it mounted when I find it.
Killing a bobcat with a bow is quite an accomplishment!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:26:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By danc46: Killing a bobcat with a bow is quite an accomplishment!

Killing a Bigfoot with a bow n arrow would be an even nicer accomplishment. Ot shootin down a UFO with an arrow would rank up there pretty high as well....or heck, even a Native to Oklahoma Mountain Lion....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:33:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 4:36:31 PM EDT by Ndenway]

Originally Posted By RatTerrier:

Originally Posted By danc46: Killing a bobcat with a bow is quite an accomplishment!

Killing a Bigfoot with a bow n arrow would be an even nicer accomplishment. Ot shootin down a UFO with an arrow would rank up there pretty high as well....or heck, even a Native to Oklahoma Mountain Lion....

Rat you have and are in need of a look above, it deserves the 21 unhappy salute ,hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaaha­hahhahahahahahah

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:09:41 PM EDT
I had a big bobcat climb a tree that i was bowhunting in when I was 15. I was sitting in the fork of a tree that had grown at a 45deg angle. Anyway one eve a big bob climbed up the tree and got within 3' of me without ever noticing me untill I stood up and drew back shakeing and about to shit my pants. I didnt want to stick him but just wanted him to leave so I could finish my deer hunting. He just looked into my eyes and tried to figure out what a set of eyes were doing inside of full camo and he just couldnt understand what I was. He then turned around and whent his buisness. It was almost like he was looking into the eyes of the "Predator".

Wish i had of stuck him now.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:42:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RatTerrier:

I use my pulse zapper to shoot down UFOs! Mountain lions, I use a sling shot. For Bigfoot, I don't know yet!
On pesky rats, a baseball bat works great!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:02:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By danc46:
I use mypulse zapper .308win to shoot down UFOs!
Mountain lions, I'd use my sling shot..308win.
For Bigfoot, I'd don't know yet!use my .308win
On pesky rats, a baseball bat works great!,but I'd still use my .308win

there fixed that for ya Dan, or at least wrote how I'd handle the situations if I should ever be accosted by ufo's, mountain lions, bigfoot or a swarm of rats, unless it rat terrier, then I'd just wear boots to keep'em from bitin' my ankles, and send'em on the way with a "boot in da ass".

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:54:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 10:55:57 AM EDT by RatTerrier]

Originally Posted By Ndenway:

Originally Posted By danc46:
I use mypulse zapper .308win to shoot down UFOs!
Mountain lions, I'd use my sling shot..308win.
For Bigfoot, I'd don't know yet!use my .308win
On pesky rats, a baseball bat works great!,but I'd still use my .308win

there fixed that for ya Dan, or at least wrote how I'd handle the situations if I should ever be accosted by ufo's, mountain lions, bigfoot or a swarm of rats, unless it rat terrier, then I'd just wear boots to keep'em from bitin' my ankles, and send'em on the way with a "boot in da ass".

MLW>"<

Many have died tryin.....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:38:07 PM EDT

MLW>"<
Top Top