Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 4:14:02 AM EDT
Anyone need a PT job. The Dulles Greenway is hiring! ALL interested please apply. We are located in Dulles VA, Dial 703-661-1002 or 703-904-8001 ext 2026 for more info.  Starting pay is $11.25!!! Please apply.

Tell them Supervisor #53 sent you. I get monies if you stay past 90 days:)

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow!  That's $11.24 more an hour then I make as a gun dealer!  

I should consider a switch in careers.

But then you guys wouldn't have anybody to abuse, so I'll pass.

Steve
Hallmark Small Arms
804-986-7409

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:50:41 AM EDT
[#2]
What is the Dulles Greenway?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Steve
Hallmark Small Arms
804-986-7409

Damn, you make that much?  Guess we need to have you buy our ammo for the upcoming shoot.  

Not to mention that would be a hell of a commute for you.

Dulles Greenway is from Dulles Airport up to Leesburg (toll road)
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

A privately owned toll road that runs from Dulles airport to Leesburg. I remember when it first opened...75 cents to use it. Now, it is $2.70 and up....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont see anything listed on the website.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah.. so it's a job sitting in a booth bored as shit all day long.....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

no, it's a job sitting in a booth being bored as shit while making 11.25 an hour
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]
You work for them?

seriously, what's the deal with the credit cards? I hate that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:10:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You work for them?

seriously, what's the deal with the credit cards? I hate that.

You can only use them at the ramp locations as they are unmanned/do not have toll collectors. They have credit card stations there that you can insert your card and pay the toll.

I think its completly STUPID but I do not own the road so I cant change a thing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:20:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Steve
Hallmark Small Arms
804-986-7409

Thanks for your input Steve, I was unaware that we abused people. If anything its the other way around.

Example: I was called to a booth the other day, a customer was refusing to pay the toll because she was lost. I politely explained to her that she had to pay the toll to pass and that I would give her directions so she could find her way.

She still refused so I had the collector process her as an unpaid toll. this requires that you give the collector your drivers license so she/he can copy your name and address onto the printout.

The customer gave her driver license to the collector who then copied down her info. When she asked that the customer sign the printout, this is where things got messy.

Customer began to curse the toll road, me, the collecter and our mommas. She then threatened to call her husband who is a "Fairfax County Police Officer". This caused great fear to strike me down (Sarcasm) and let her pass free... NOT. Anyway she final finished cursing us and told me to give her the pen so she could sign.

I gave her the pen, she signed, and then threw the printout in the booth. She then started to leave but was asked to return the collectors pen.

She then threw the pen, which whizzed past my face, at the both of us and burned rubber down the road. This is just 1 of many customer abuse stories from the Greenway. I have been there for 10 years and have seen and heard it all. WE ARE THE ABUSED!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:22:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A privately owned toll road that runs from Dulles airport to Leesburg. I remember when it first opened...75 cents to use it. Now, it is $2.70 and up....

I remember those days, I have no idea why anyone would pay these outrageous fares to use 14 miles of road. The max toll you can expect to pay is $3.20!!!! And they talk of increasing it higher. WTF!!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Its easy money, and yes you are bored straight for 8 hours. The night shift is the worst.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:31:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its easy money, and yes you are bored straight for 8 hours. The night shift is the worst.

but it is a great way to catch up on your reading.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:47:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I love the toll road.  Of course, I have a smart tag.  People like me make the booth operator's lives easier.  Viva la toll road!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top