Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/4/2006 2:17:18 AM EDT
www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=4582484

A traffic stop helps police make a major bust.

Thursday night Hampton Police pulled over a 25-year-old man for reckless driving. During the traffic stop police found marijuana in his car.

Police obtained a search warrant for the suspects home in the 5000 block of Arony Street. There they found two ounces of cocaine, a .375 caliber handgun, .45 caliber handgun, .22 caliber handgun, an M-16 rifle, a fully automatic machine gun pistol with an attached silencer and $2,500 in cash.

The suspect is charged several felonies including disorderly conduct, possession of cocaine with the intent to distribute and possession of a fully automatic firearm.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:10:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:14:11 AM EDT
It is normal to get a search warrant for a home after you have been arrested for marijuana possession? Or did this guy do something that warranted more suspicion. I am glad he is off the streets.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:45:08 AM EDT
*raised eyebrow*
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:23:10 AM EDT
I'm not familiar with a .375 handgun, what is that?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:07:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bchgunner:
It is normal to get a search warrant for a home after you have been arrested for marijuana possession? Or did this guy do something that warranted more suspicion. I am glad he is off the streets.

My guess would be that the marijuana they found in the car was enough for them to start thinking about building a PWID (possession with intent to distribute, ie more than personal use) charge, and he did or said something to help build it. Again, pure conjecture.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:28:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By metalrocks:
I'm not familiar with a .375 handgun, what is that?

That's a handgun chanbered for the .375 H&H magnum...lol
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:37:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 12:38:24 PM EDT by larrycwdc]

Originally Posted By Bonk2029:
My guess would be that the marijuana they found in the car was enough for them to start thinking about building a PWID (possession with intent to distribute, ie more than personal use) charge, and he did or said something to help build it. Again, pure conjecture.

Were I to guess, I'd have to go with a confidential informant (CI) or jailbird-looking-for-his-own-replacement diming the scrote out, more likely the former. With a CI's assertion as to the presence of a machine gun in the vicinity of the scrote's house, we (the society, the good guys, or us good citizens and the cops ... your call) are best served by a 'staged' takedown off-premises, followed up by a comparitively safe warrant search for the heavy duty stuff. +1 on noting anything the scrote did or said to help justify the warrant, if for no other reason than the aid in admissability.

Two ounces of coke and a silenced machine gun more than qualifies as heavy duty stuff. Hopefully this scrote knows enough intel to buy a reduced sentence by putting some of the higher-ups on the good-guys' radar screens. His current beef seems likely enough to merit a life term that maybe a little cooperation will be forthcoming.

Good Great police work if you ask me!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:32:11 AM EDT
What a bad man. I'm glad they got him for disorderly conduct.

{stirring pot}
What does the US Constitution say about possession of guns? What does the US Constitution say about possession of drugs?
{/stirring pot}
Top Top