Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/2/2006 7:47:33 AM EDT
I was laying in bed one night, unable to sleep for some reason, and got to thinking. Yeah, I know, that's scary, but hear me out. Would it be possible to get some of the VA Arfcom crew together, get an instructor, and hold factory-certified armorer's course for those that are interested? I'd really like to get a Sig and/or Glock certification. Bushmaster or Colt would be good too. I don't know if it's possible I just thought I'd throw the idea out there to see if there is any interest. We would of course have to pay, but I think the benefit would be worthwhile. Any thoughts on this matter? MJD
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:09:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 11:48:04 AM EDT by gotm4]

Originally Posted By highwayman:
I was laying in bed one night, unable to sleep for some reason, and got to thinking. Yeah, I know, that's scary, but hear me out. Would it be possible to get some of the VA Arfcom crew together, get an instructor, and hold factory-certified armorer's course for those that are interested? I'd really like to get a Sig and/or Glock certification. Bushmaster or Colt would be good too. I don't know if it's possible I just thought I'd throw the idea out there to see if there is any interest. We would of course have to pay, but I think the benefit would be worthwhile. Any thoughts on this matter? MJD

The Glock course is one day and is only $100.00 (I took it last year at the Prince William Police Academy).

The SIG armorers course I took in December at Blackwater was 2-day and $400.00 and was taught by SIGs most senior employee and head of training (George Harris)

Later this month at Blackwater I'm taking the Bushmaster Armorers course which is 2 days and $450.00
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:57:25 AM EDT
Thanks for the info. If we get a large group together maybe we could get a break in the cost? Don't know. Even if we can't get a break, maybe we could all go together for some collective training? MJD
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:26:17 AM EDT
If you are LEO and a firearms instructor, you can apply to take them for free at the NRA. Granted there is a long list of people.. but they supposedly draw them at random?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:46:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Longboat:
If you are LEO and a firearms instructor, you can apply to take them for free at the NRA. Granted there is a long list of people.. but they supposedly draw them at random?

I don't exactly fit into that category yet. I'm going to be applying for LEO positions soon now that I've got my degree and I think "certified armorer" would be a nice addition to the resumé. MJD
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:02:58 PM EDT
Gotcha... I did the Glock Armorer School. It was good. I would have paid for the knowledge if I couldn't have done that.
Top Top