Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 4:09:14 AM EDT
Sad to say the miners in WV did not make it out. It is the worst possible news that the families could have received. God Bless them and their families.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:38:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Amen.

And FUCK THE MEDIA for reporting RUMORS and NOT facts.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#2]
My prayers are with all of you in WVA that suffered this terrible tragedy.  May God grant you peace and be of comfort to the many families devastated by losing their loved ones.

Sorry, guys...  I'm normally long-winded, but words utterly fail me right now.  I don't know what else to say, except I am praying.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

And being in their face the entire time.  I don't mind the stock footage of the site and rescue efforts or permitted interviews with family members, but I don't need the camera following the family's face the entire time to know that they're upset.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:15:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Amen.

Not to me, Fuck the mine management for letting that rumor continue for 3+ hours when they know it wasn't true and hid.

It is as much their fault as the medias on the false report.
I agree on get the cameras away from them peoples families already. vultures!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:31:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:16:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I hope no one here knew any of the miners.

Yes, unfortuntely, there is, though he does not reside in VA.  He posted in the team forum, and one of the miners was his uncle's brother in law.  Doesn't sound like a close family tie, but he spoke of Marty like they were the very best of friends.  You could almost read the sadness in his posts.

His screen name is COZ, and the thread is titled, "My turn to ask for prayers."  The thread takes a very sad and angry roller-coaster set of twists, from praying for the miners to when they announced they were all alive to when the truth came out.  

I'm in deep prayer for the families and friends of those poor souls.  Please keep COZ and all the families in your thoughts and prayers, folks.  They really need it right now.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear that. Sad to see only 6 replies to this post seeing how close W.VA and VA are. And since this is a shared forum between the two states.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear that. Sad to see only 6 replies to this post seeing how close W.VA and VA are. And since this is a shared forum between the two states.

Arfcom tradition.  Had this been about homosexuals, Ruger politics, or rollerblading in the year 6000, it would have maxed out at 34 pages.

I'm sure many are praying and sending good thoughts, just not posting about it.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top