Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 5:47:07 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone from the board is around the Albemarle/Charlottesville area and would be willing to handle a transfer from Adco for me.I'd rather give the business to a board member than the overpriced gun shops around here.Thanks.
Brian
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't find anyone in your area there are two members from the board that are FFL's. One is in Richmond and the other one is down around Farmville.

I use John Oliver from Dane Manufacturing for all my transfers. He is a great guy to deal with and extremely helpful. You can reach him at 434-391-1089. The other member is Steve, from Hallmark Ent. and you can email him at [email protected].

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#2]
fearthenight....what are you needing to transfer?  We'll handle the transfer if it isn't something that we already stock.

We charge $25.00 for a FFL transfer.

I work at De Goff's in Mechanicsville, which is 6 miles N.E. of Richmond.  Not that far a drive from C-ville.

Email me if I can help you out.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:58:16 AM EDT
[#3]
John Oliver is most likely closer to you and he is excellent to deal with, very honest and upfront.  My fee for title 1 firearm transfers is $20 (plus the $2.00 VSP fee) and I offer VCDL members a discount.  I can often get the same firearm you are transfering cheaper, so feel free to check with me first.  

804-986-7409, [email protected]

Thanks for the plug Gunnut!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Steve and Anthony for the plug.

Fearthenight I’m about an hour from C town. Contact me if you have any question. I also have a private outdoor range and full auto rentals, $20 transfer fee.

BTW Anthony you ever going to pick up your parts? Although if you wait a little longer I’ll have a 6 shot 40mm grenade launcher for you to play with.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help everyone.I've contacted several(have to shop around so I can sell it to the wife)but one of them will be getting my business.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
BTW Anthony you ever going to pick up your parts? Although if you wait a little longer I’ll have a 6 shot 40mm grenade launcher for you to play with.

I was planning on giving you a call this week. I would love to see the 40mm. Let me know when you get it, and I will come get the stuff then.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#7]
a few months ago i did a transfer for a FAL reciever through templar....it went smooth as silk.  but it was an hour and a half drive so when i recently did a trade i went through a local guy.  which ill NEVER do again. the guy first of all told me, "i cant just mail my ffl to just anybody, thats illegal." WTF?  i tried to explain the process of a transfer to him as best i could.  i even used small words and i spoke slowly.  i called him 5 days later and asked if he'd gotten the gun yet.  he said nope i havent sent the ffl yet, he hasnt called me.  WHAT!!??  now this guy is pissing me off. how am i supossed to know that he wants to talk to the guy if he dosent say something??  freakin retard.  
anyway i got the other guy to call him (he's a board member from OH and very nice)  and he convinced my guy that the ATF would not break down his door for doing a transfer and finall mailed off the ffl yesterday.  TWO WEEKS later!  

long story short, next time ill use one of you guys and make the drive. a little road trip is WELL worth it if it saves me this kind of hassle.  

hey hallmark,
i think i met you at the hite gollow MG shoot, are you the one that let me shoot you uzi?  
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:07:09 AM EDT
[#8]
David, Yes that was me.

Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Steve.

P.S. John Oliver of Dane MFG is north of Farmville and can take care of you. He is a great guy very honest and upfront.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks ill probably need another transfer soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top