Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/14/2003 7:20:08 PM EDT
Those of you who came out this weekend got a chance to meet junior-gunnut(Matt). His mother is Ogre_4070 on the site, and was also supposed to come. She had to miss it because she became ill, and it turned out to be a kidney stone. I spoke with her daughter this evening, and it seems that it is a pretty sever case. If it doesn't resolve itself by this weekend she may have to undergo some kind of procedure to fix the problem. I figured some well wishes to her and her family might cheer them up.

Get well soon Tricia!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:30:14 AM EDT
Get well soon!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:22:54 AM EDT
Get well and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:27:09 AM EDT
We missed you at the shoot!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers being sent your way.

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:58:15 PM EDT
You missed a shoot for a mere kidney stone?

Just kidding. I hope it works out okay and wihtout too much pain. As to it being a severe case, can there be a kidney stone that isn't severe? Those things hurt like nothing else in the world.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:28:00 PM EDT
From what I was told, the stone is stuck in a way that limits the chances of it being passed naturally. I am not sure of what kind of procedure is needed to help her pass the stone, but it probably isn't going to be much fun whatever it is.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:54:15 AM EDT
Get well soon, and I hope to see you at the next shoot!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:35:51 PM EDT
I just wanted to say thanks for the well wishes. I have had a rough couple of weeks. As Va-gunnut said I did have a kidney stone. I also had a kidney infection and had a fever of 102 - 106 for five days and became dehydrated. The doctor wanted to hospitalize me but I refused. I was scheduled for a lithotripsy tomorrow (the 27th) but thankfully I passed the stone (huge) yesterday. I am feeling much better but still rather weak.

Hoplophile,
Evidently I am the only person va-gunnut has known to have kidney stones. Because I have a high tolerance for pain and am not a wimp, he is under the impression that they are as minor as a hangnail. If he ever experiences one himself, I am afraid he is in for a rude awakening.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:11:19 PM EDT
I can only imagine the pain.

Having had a child though, was it more or less painful than giving birth?

Get well soon.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:43:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/27/2003 6:52:38 AM EDT by Ogre_4070]
I have 4 children and I would have to say kidney stones are more painful than childbirth. I had a kidney stone when I was 6 months pregnant with my oldest and youngest child and that was no fun, but it made the birthing process seem easier.
Top Top