Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 5:09:44 AM EDT
Now what do we do?  We have the following 2 choices:

A Tyrant or someone who has corruption spelled on thier forehead!

God Help Us!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
move.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:21:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought about that, but that would be cowardly, I am planning to run for State Rep in 08.  I am currently a trustee in my town, so I am going quit bitchin and take some action!  Wouldn't that be cool a state rep with a FFL!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I thought about that, but that would be cowardly, I am planning to run for State Rep in 08.  I am currently a trustee in my town, so I am going quit bitchin and take some action!  Wouldn't that be cool a state rep with a FFL!

You would have my vote... but I think for me the election has now boiled down to one major issue... funding for the University of Illinois.  Also, I hope the Republican Party in this state can mold JBT into something tolerable.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
, I hope the Republican Party in this state can mold JBT into something tolerable.

Hope in one hand and shit in the other, and see which fills up first.  The Republican party in Illinois is lucky they're even on the ballot.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would have my vote... but I think for me the election has now boiled down to one major issue... funding for the University of Illinois.  Also, I hope the Republican Party in this state can mold JBT into something tolerable.

Yeah, me too I'm really concerened with my tax money going to the "people's right to a public education."

I agree, it's a concern of mine too. I have no interest in funding Liberal universities.

PCGuns, you have my vote, go get 'em.

I have no clue what I am going to do in November. This sucks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I have no clue what I am going to do in November. This sucks.

I have nothing more to add than this.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Well at least old Judy Barf is a trap shooter. That doesn't mean she wouldn't sign 2414, but she is marginally better than Elvis, who has made the AWB his top priority, even higher than giving campaign donors lucrative no bid contracts. Judy, like the good old boy that she is will no doubt have a raid on the treasury as her highest priority. At least we stand a chance of putting some pressure on her. And with one half of the Daley-Elvis axis of evil gone the city dems wouldn't be as excited about pushing an AWB.

So, to sum up my feelings, yes the two choices SUCK! But one is clearly better than the other! We can whine and feel sorry for ourselves all we want, but we need to do what we can to get JBT elected.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Retreat isn't cowardly. Sometimes, you have to accept when you're outnumbered and things aren't going to get any better.

This masochistic World War 1 mentality where we all march into machinegun fire with fixed bayonets doesn't solve anything.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Retreat isn't cowardly. Sometimes, you have to accept when you're outnumbered and things aren't going to get any better.

Your right "Sometimes" but this issue is not the sometimes!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#10]
PC
i would vote for you

and any other person running for an office that holds a FFL

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top