Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 5:56:04 PM EDT
Anyone up for getting together a winter shoot before the end of the year? If we get enough people-will BUFFALO ROCK open up for us???? CMON.....Its not that COLD!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it will be closed this weekend... I am planning to head up to McMillen (spelling?) in Southern Wisconsin on Sunday. I gots an itchy trigger finger.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Well as of this saturday I'll be back in town, we can always run up to the super secret squirrel range.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:13:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Are 357's o.k. for squirrels at the super secret squirrel range?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:36:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd be up for it if you guys get up to a critical mass.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Saturday ? Sunday ?

In the Secret Range in IL ?

ckmorley
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I am game this weekend if we can get enough people to make the trip!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:04:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd only be able to do it sunday, since I'm coming home saturday night.

Its the super secret range in WI...about 40 miles north of Great America.  

357's are ok, its an outdoor range.

Hell, class 3 is ok....lol
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in- If I'm allowed to go.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]
EVERYONE FROM IL is allowed to go.  Only 5 rules.

Rule one- DO NOT TALK ABOUT SUPER SECRET SQUIRREL RANGE.

Ok, I'm too lazy to do that five times.  Anyhow, if you are an AFRCOM member, you can come.  I will have to give everyone a little schpiel about safety when we get there, just humor me and let me do it.  

I will keep checking the weather.  If its going to be shitty out, we'll probably pass.  However, if its relatively dry out and the roads to the range are clear, we're good to go.  

snow+ squirrel range= good luck.  You'll get in, but you wont get out.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool.  I'm game.  Keep us updated marksman14.  Uh, and you'll have to figure out some "secret" way of letting us know how exactly to get there.

Anybody whose coming got some extra .223 or 5.56 laying around that they are interested in bringing with and selling me?  I just picked up my first AR and am seriously ammo deficient in that caliber.  Otherwise, I'll have to hit a bunch of Walmarts...

.30-06 ok on the super secret range?  I've got plenty of that and a couple M1s if anybody is interested in firing off in eights and listening for the ping!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Cool.  I'm game.  Keep us updated marksman14.  Uh, and you'll have to figure out some "secret" way of letting us know how exactly to get there.

Anybody whose coming got some extra .223 or 5.56 laying around that they are interested in bringing with and selling me?  I just picked up my first AR and am seriously ammo deficient in that caliber.  Otherwise, I'll have to hit a bunch of Walmarts...

.30-06 ok on the super secret range?  I've got plenty of that and a couple M1s if anybody is interested in firing off in eights and listening for the ping!

Call these guys:

www.kyimports.com

usually have good prices on ammo. Last time I ordered, it arrived the next day via UPS ground. Pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Call these guys:
www.kyimports.com

I'm not sure I'd like having a purchase on my credit card from "KY Imports", but what the hell . . . I'll check them out!  Thanks, npd.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Call these guys:
www.kyimports.com

I'm not sure I'd like having a purchase on my credit card from "KY Imports", but what the hell . . . I'll check them out!  Thanks, npd.

Ha, Ha, Ha!

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#14]
NPD- you FOP lodge#7?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
NPD- you FOP lodge#7?

No. I try to avoid Cook County.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#16]
silascobb, i've got 4000 rounds of lake city .223 stockpiled if you want some. i'm not taking any classes until spring so i can spare some. if we're on, i'll bring it with.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#17]
this sunday would be cool, im itchin to so some shooting.  if im welcome that would cool.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:15:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
silascobb, i've got 4000 rounds of lake city .223 stockpiled if you want some. i'm not taking any classes until spring so i can spare some. if we're on, i'll bring it with.

Thanks man!  

Depending on how much you are willing to part with, I can take 500 or 1K off your hands.  If Sunday pans out, bring an extra case for me, and I'll bring cash with.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Damn...I knew I should have finished the christmas stuff last weekend!!! I may be in....so please keep me posted if this is a go...I'll need directions too.....pm, or email....thanks....mack
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Biggie- How much you selling the 1000 for?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
this sunday would be cool, im itchin to so some shooting.  if im welcome that would cool.

Yes, you are
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#22]
i bought it for $200/1000 before shipping.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, you are

sweet, thanks.  let us know if its on for sunday.  also where it is.

i think we all owe marksman a few beers for his bday.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:29:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, you are

sweet, thanks.  let us know if its on for sunday.  also where it is.

i think we all owe marksman a few beers for his bday.

Thats only if the weather is good and we actually go
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Based on projected temps and the amount of ice in that area right now, I dont think it would be a good move to go to the range tomorrow.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I was at "The Squwerl"  last week and it was Coooooooooooooooooold. The 100 yard /pistol range was pretty fairly snowed in.

About the ony good thing I can say was that the porto-lets are much less offensive in the cold weather. ( talk about a cleveland steamer )

JR
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Well- How about  the day after xmas?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I was at "The Squwerl"  last week and it was Coooooooooooooooooold. The 100 yard /pistol range was pretty fairly snowed in.

About the ony good thing I can say was that the porto-lets are much less offensive in the cold weather. ( talk about a cleveland steamer )

JR

JR That was a great time at the CMP shoot good training weather!

Easy Hours

And My fine coffee
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:52:30 AM EDT
[#29]
HKMP5A2

Excellent training weather.

Your Coffee is getting better.

JR

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
HKMP5A2

Excellent training weather.

Your Coffee is getting better.

JR

I lied the wife made it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top