Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 5:14:44 AM EDT
A co-worker was on the way to work the other morning, when her car was rear-ended.  The driver then drove across the center island and hit an oncoming vehicle.  He then jumped from his  automobile and run to my co-worker.  He tried to pull her from her SUV and grab her purse.  Her seat belt kept her from being dragged out.  The jerk then went to the passenger side and tried to enter from there, the entire time saying she had his car.  The passenger door was locked.  The wonderful "gentleman" took off.  He was later found in PT's Pub.  A little side note, the guy did all of this in his boxers.

ETA: Sorry, my co-worker was a little upset when the story was told.  The guy was held by two workers in the area, until police arrived and was not found at the bar.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Gotta love Vegas.  Glad she's OK.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]
That guy needed to be spanked by a bullet.

Scary indeed...guy must have been high on something...boxers in December?

Glad your coworker is ok.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That guy needed to be spanked by a bullet.

Scary indeed...guy must have been high on something...boxers in December?

She is upset and black and blue.  The passenger in the other car died, unfortunately.  The guy was arrest on DUI and possession of drugs.  Yes, WP, it was on the news.  Happened in front of the Rio.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah, that's why that area was closed off yesterday...heard the traffic report.

How horrible! Hope she's feeling better soon.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Why is it that only the innocent die?  If more people legally carried firearms and shot these assholes.  Hope your co-worker learns from this like my wife did.  My wife loves to shoot now.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear this, its just not right.
SO hands up who would of pulled the trigger in this circumstance?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I would only have pulled the trigger if my life or the life of another was in immediate danger.  Not having been there, I'll say I have my hand up with the caveat that  I reserve actual trigger pulling for my good judgement. I would have certainly given boxer guy a reason to moisten his costume, assuming he had the mental capacity to understand his predicament.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice well reasoned reply, The situation reminds me of service in Northern Ireland as a young soldier when this type of thing was common (for completley different reasons) We often discussed the what if.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Funny how the little details never get into the press.

There is never a follow up, and if the guy was white it would be all over the news.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top