Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 6:43:10 AM EDT
well I graduated and all but i'm stuck here for 2 more weeks were i'll be learning how to use the Javelin... i guess its one bad ass weapon. i'm stuck here with about 20 other people from my company. about 1/4 of the company did NOT graduate because of pt test failures and drug issues. we've had 2 random drug tests and pot found in the barracks above us. atleast out plt. had the least amount of people testing positive. I have a 3 day pass for presedents day wich is cool so i'm just chilling at the px on arfcom.

www.army-technology.com/projects/javelin/
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:55:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats Jesse!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#3]
excellent

Keep up the service to our country

and we all thank you

BTH out
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats man, we were all pulling for you.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations!  We knew you could do it.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations Jesse.   I hope that you are as proud as I was when I graduated from Basic Training and AIT.  It was one of the proudest days of my life and I will never forget it.  I can't believe that you had so many PT failures and positive drug tests.  Damn.  Failing your PT test or testing positive on a drug test wasn't even an option for us when I went through OSUT training at Ft Leonard Wood.  We were practically on "total control" for 16 weeks straight.  No time to do drugs, and all the middle of the night PT sessions kept us in top shape.  Come to think of it we may have had 1 or 2 APFT failures out of our whole company.

Great job and keep up the good work man!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Congratulations Jesse.   I hope that you are as proud as I was when I graduated from Basic Training and AIT.  It was one of the proudest days of my life and I will never forget it.  I can't believe that you had so many PT failures and positive drug tests.  Damn.  Failing your PT test or testing positive on a drug test wasn't even an option for us when I went through OSUT training at Ft Leonard Wood.  We were practically on "total control" for 16 weeks straight.  No time to do drugs, and all the middle of the night PT sessions kept us in top shape.  Come to think of it we may have had 1 or 2 APFT failures out of our whole company.

Great job and keep up the good work man!

Great work man. Keep it up. As BC said don't stop there. Learn as MUCH as possible. Go to every school you are able to go to.

Dale I can say the same when I went through. I think we had one person not pass the PT and get recycled. Drugs, were really unheard of in basic when I was in, well at least for my company.

Basic and AIT were the best times of my life. Not a care in the world but doing good for myself in the service.
Ft. Jackson for basic
Ft. Sill for AIT

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
SALUTE!

Fort Polk La Class of 72

By the way we had M72 Law & 90mm RR Anti Tank has sure came a long way.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
SALUTE!

Fort Polk La Class of 72

When I first got to Ft Benning my primary weapon was the 90mm recoilless rifle.  That thing sure sucked.  When we did our weekly ruck march there were 4 of us unlucky bastards that got to carry our 90 in addition to our M16s.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:56:38 AM EDT
[#10]
25% were pudgies and crackheads!?  WTF!  Are we that hard up for recruits?

BTW, way to go!  You're halfway through the best summer of your life!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#11]
i didn't test positive for any drugs, but a bunch in the company did there were only a few pt test failures and the majority of them didn't pass the airborne pt test. i past my pt tests except for 2 of them. and i was only struggleing on a few pushups I was up on my run and SU's
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SALUTE!

Fort Polk La Class of 72

When I first got to Ft Benning my primary weapon was the 90mm recoilless rifle.  That thing sure sucked.  When we did our weekly ruck march there were 4 of us unlucky bastards that got to carry our 90 in addition to our M16s.

Ya just gave away your age you must be a old fart like me lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i didn't test positive for any drugs, but a bunch in the company did there were only a few pt test failures and the majority of them didn't pass the airborne pt test. i past my pt tests except for 2 of them. and i was only struggling on a few push ups I was up on my run and SU's

Are you on your way to AIT and what will your mos be or do they do one station training now
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
SALUTE!

Fort Polk La Class of 72

I was born in 1968.  That isn't old......  Is it???
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:08:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
SALUTE!

Fort Polk La Class of 72

No I got that beat did not know they kept the 90rr around that long
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
SALUTE!

Fort Polk La Class of 72

Not only did we have the 90, but when I first got to Benning the APC drivers were still issued 1911s and the TCs were issued grease guns.  Also, we still had jeeps and gamma goats.  That all changed in 1988, well all except for the 90s, we still had them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
SALUTE!

Fort Polk La Class of 72

Not only did we have the 90, but when I first got to Benning the APC drivers were still issued 1911s and the TCs were issued grease guns.  Also, we still had jeeps and gamma goats.  That all changed in 1988, well all except for the 90s, we still had them.

We were still using the old gammas and 1911's in 90-91.

Got a chance to look at the supply req's and came across the price for a new gov issue 1911. The government was paying $17 for a complete 1911 when we started getting the 92's.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#18]
its an OSUT thing. a lot of MOS's have changed over to OSUT... i'm done with the "so called ait" of infantry, but since my contract allowed me 18 weeks of training time and i used 14 of them they put me in javelin school. its pretty boring and they repeat the same stuff over and over again but its a cool missile system. there developing another type of round for buildings and bunkers for it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#19]
So what's your MOS??? are you a 11B Infantrymen?  Where is you next duty station? Are you active or Guard?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
its an OSUT thing. a lot of MOS's have changed over to OSUT... i'm done with the "so called ait" of infantry, but since my contract allowed me 18 weeks of training time and i used 14 of them they put me in javelin school. its pretty boring and they repeat the same stuff over and over again but its a cool missile system. there developing another type of round for buildings and bunkers for it.

What kind of round did they use in War Of The Worlds (LOL)
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Hell no, you have to be born 1963 or older before you're old. Enjoy the 5 years you have left
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:53:55 AM EDT
[#22]
(Belated) congrats!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top