Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/8/2003 5:00:18 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a range in SE WI that is 'Black Gun' friendly? I live in Kenosha, and I'm just getting back into shooting. Right now, I only own one pistol, but I plan on expanding starting with an AR-15, likely after my tax refund.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:22:01 AM EDT
Bristol is an outdoor range by you.

HOWEVER, it is ONE ROUND IN A RIFLE AT A TIME for centerfire rifle. No loaded mags. 5 rounds for handguns. No silhouette targets. No rapid fire.

If you want to zero in a scope, or shoot for accuracy, it's a nice range. they have 25 yard pistol, 50-100-200 yard rifle. RO's are OK, but I have been harrassed by two different ones for owning a "shitty mouse gun".

There is a nice indoor range in Racine for pistol and shotgun named Shooters. I've been shooting there for a couple of years, and it's a great place.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:17:12 AM EDT
Private club - but not hard to get into (since they have me as a member):

www.dbcl.org
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:58:19 AM EDT
Pumpkin Center Range.

Outdoors, benches at 50 and 100 yd.
No hip shooting.
Small donation accepted in box at driveway.
Not too bad for next to free.

I shoot at the AD Sutherland chapter of the Izaak Walton League in Fond du Lac. $45.00 per year membership. Covered huts at 25, 75, and 100 yd ranges.
Club is considering putting up a 200 yd hut.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:59:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stoney-Point:
Pumpkin Center Range.

Outdoors, benches at 50 and 100 yd.
No hip shooting.
Small donation accepted in box at driveway.
Not too bad for next to free.

I shoot at the AD Sutherland chapter of the Izaak Walton League in Fond du Lac. $45.00 per year membership. Covered huts at 25, 75, and 100 yd ranges.
Club is considering putting up a 200 yd hut.

Where is this range? (How would one get to it from say...Sheboygan?)
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:43:25 PM EDT
Thank you all for the replies.

A few more questions:

Pumpkin Center Range? Where is this? I can't find a thing about it.

Does anybody know anything about the Racine County Line Range or the Wisconsin Sportsman's Association in Yorkville? I've been past both places but I haven't found any info about hours of operation, fees, or rules.

Avalon01: I've been in Shooter's shop. Seems like a nice place, I'll have to try the range this winter. I did a Cowboy shoot at Bristol with some loaner guns. Had a lot of fun, but I'm kinda put off by the rifle range rules. (single load only!?)

Again, thanks to all for the info. I do notice that some ranges are being mentioned that are not in the pinned 'Ranges' thread, and don't show up in any internet searches I've tried. Any more bits of knowledge I can pick up here are much appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:14:41 AM EDT
Pumpkin Center is now known as North Lowell.
For whatever reason, they changed the name of the town.

There is a bar across the road from the range.
It used to be called the Pumkin Center Tap, recently changed ownership. I'll see if I can find the current name of it.

North Lowell is locatred on Hwy "I" a few miles south of the intersection of "I" and "S", and a mile north of intersection "G" and "I".

South east of Beaver Dam and West south west of Juneau.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:06:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Drawcut:
Thank you all for the replies.

A few more questions:

Pumpkin Center Range? Where is this? I can't find a thing about it.

Does anybody know anything about the Racine County Line Range or the Wisconsin Sportsman's Association in Yorkville? I've been past both places but I haven't found any info about hours of operation, fees, or rules.

Avalon01: I've been in Shooter's shop. Seems like a nice place, I'll have to try the range this winter. I did a Cowboy shoot at Bristol with some loaner guns. Had a lot of fun, but I'm kinda put off by the rifle range rules. (single load only!?)

Again, thanks to all for the info. I do notice that some ranges are being mentioned that are not in the pinned 'Ranges' thread, and don't show up in any internet searches I've tried. Any more bits of knowledge I can pick up here are much appreciated.

Racine County Line is a private club. There are at least two of us here that are members there. There are a couple cowboy shoots every year as well as some IDPA and the usual highpower matches. There is also a sniper match every year. As well as the shotgun leagues. I'm working on some stuff with a couple other club members to have shoots for us black rifle fans at least once a month or everyother month. Though right now it's in the early stages. But I'm hoping to have the first one sometime in March or April. But it's a slow process to say the least.
Top Top