Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 3:33:04 PM EDT
I got a webcam today from my sister (yay!) But as I was installing it (don't tell Kooter ) It says I need my windows 98 CD and I don't have that anymore.  Does anyone have one that I can borrow until it downloads the needed drivers?  Or does anyone have any other suggestions on how to install this silly thing?  

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do I have the feeling that we are going to see another "She Did It Again" thread in the next couple of days?  J/K MsKooter

Why would you need to install your Windows 98 CD for a Webcam?  It should have come with all the software you need, unless you don't have the proper operating system (windows 98, xp, etc)???
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why do I have the feeling that we are going to see another "She Did It Again" thread in the next couple of days?  J/K MsKooter

Why would you need to install your Windows 98 CD for a Webcam?  It should have come with all the software you need, unless you don't have the proper operating system (windows 98, xp, etc)???

Yeah...I'm thinking he's gonna be a little upset with me when he gets home...but he can get over it  It says that not all the drivers are always installed on the computer that the webcam needs, but they are on the disk?  I don't know what that is supposed to mean, but it won't let me get past the "insert the windows 98 CD into the CDRom drive now" stage of things  I was going to try to download it onto the PC, but I thought that might make Kooter a little more angry....

ETA:

I spent the 2 hours unistalling and reinstalling the software needed to get the email back in good shape so he owes me a break
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Couple questions:

Does your computer actually use Windows 98?
How old is the webcam?  Can you get the model/serial number?

You/us might be able to go to the manufacturer's website and get the needed files and/or a newer version of software.

Also, don't forget Windows Update for win 98.  They might have the needed drivers (Guessing you need USB drivers for the cam)

General Win98 help
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#4]
"Also, don't forget Windows Update for win 98. " NO  longer supported!!
Where are you? What CAB/FILE do you need? Most of the time with Win 98 you can point to the system 32 directory for basic imbedded driver .inf files. I have ALL MS OS's going back to dos 2.0.
I can email you the required files. Try pointing to the system32 dir first.

Also when it askes for the file, write it down, then seach the HDD for the file. (Right mouse click the start button and choose search).
PM me if you need help.
Terry.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got a webcam today from my sister (yay!) But as I was installing it (don't tell Kooter ) It says I need my windows 98 CD and I don't have that anymore.  Does anyone have one that I can borrow until it downloads the needed drivers?  Or does anyone have any other suggestions on how to install this silly thing?  

I have a windows XP disk you can have and it will fix ALL of your problems

I'll trade you a newer computer for Koter's FAL.  He don't gots ta know.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but the problem would be, I don't know what the hell a FAL looks like.  All of his guns look alike to me
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but the problem would be, I don't know what the hell a FAL looks like.  All of his guns look alike to me

IT's the one he's been molesting for the last 3 weeks

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/kooter/P2270016.jpg

He's been molesting a lot of things in the last 3 weeks...I think he has 2 guns with those stand up things on the end.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/kooter/P2270016.jpg

He's been molesting a lot of things in the last 3 weeks...I think he has 2 guns with those stand up things on the end.  

GET BOTH!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a nice new OEM copy of Win98 just for you.
IM me your address and I'll drop it on the mail tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have a nice new OEM copy of Win98 just for you.
IM me your address and I'll drop it on the mail tomorrow.

IM sent....THANKS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top