Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:57:38 AM EDT
Have any of you gotten training from the Firearms Academy of Seattle or Insights Training?

I'm considering trying one of them out and would like to hear your experiences or recommendations.

thanks

www.firearmsacademy.com
www.insightstraining.com
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Both are A+
I favor FAS
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been familiar with FAS for 10 years now,  and I would highly recommend them.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I like insights. I've taken shotgun,rifle,general handgun,and advanced handgun.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#5]
They're both reputable. Insights costs a little more but you end up spending an equal amount or more at FAS after paying for gas and lodging if you're there for a weekend.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Insights is good to go, especially if you're in the Seattle/Bellevue area so there isn't as much travel time as FAS.  I've taken their Rifle, Handgun, Unarmed, and Folding Knife classes, and all of them were intense and educational.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#7]
 Well, if you take FAS 7 in April I'll be there.  

Don't mean to Hijack but can you take your camper there. and stay or is there a place near by? I havent got my info back from them yet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]
You can camp out at FAS. I've done it a couple times. They have a large area for RV's and tents. If you use an RV  you will need to bring your own power and water because it's dry camping and no facilities.
It will save you some time and money for not having to pay for a motel room and food etc, plus the travel time from FAS to where ever you would be staying at. It's kind of a hassle so camping out simplifies it a little bit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You can camp out at FAS. I've done it a couple times. They have a large area for RV's and tents. If you use an RV  you will need to bring your own power and water because it's dry camping and no facilities.
It will save you some time and money for not having to pay for a motel room and food etc, plus the travel time from FAS to where ever you would be staying at. It's kind of a hassle so camping out simplifies it a little bit.

Thanks, I just checked the mail and I got my conformation. As I'm self contained I wont have a problem. Now if  April 15 would just hurry up and get here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
 Well, if you take FAS 7 in April I'll be there.  

So will I if my LW piston upper ever comes in.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks all,

I signed up for the FAS handgun intro in June.  Too bad I can't take it sooner, but oh well.

ETA:  I got bumped up to the one this weekend!  W00t!  I'm such a post whore.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks all,

I signed up for the FAS handgun intro in June.  Too bad I can't take it sooner, but oh well.

I know how you feel.  Just get all the training you can. OH and of course it is addicting.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks all,

I know how you feel.  Just get all the training you can. OH and of course it is addicting.

Ok, then has anyone taken Insight's unarmed self defense class?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Why in the hell would anyone want to go into a fight without a weapon?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top