Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/29/2006 7:36:01 PM EDT
Hello All,
I just moved to Washington (Stanwood) and am looking for a place to do some shooting. If anyone knows a place nearby (or not so nearby) I would appreciate some info. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:43:51 PM EDT

There are a couple of places that we shoot at, one is in the Robe area, and out in easter sno co. I dont know what is avail up in the Skagit area, so I will let someone else chime in.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:56:49 PM EDT
Any area even if its a drive is alright with me. Where about in the Robe area is a good place to do some shooting? Like I said I am new to the area and dont know my way around at all.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:59:22 PM EDT
Ask for Ramster, he has all the good info and he lives out near you!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:40:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KA3B:
Ask for Ramster, he has all the good info and he lives out near you!

Has all the good info?

Not sure about that... you all know better then I, but I am trying to finger it out...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:44:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By spopretto:
Hello All,
I just moved to Washington (Stanwood) and am looking for a place to do some shooting. If anyone knows a place nearby (or not so nearby) I would appreciate some info. Thanks

I am on Camano Island right next to you... there are a few places, what they have already told ya and then there are few ranges we can go too, one just past MT Veron, and another in Evertt... I will zap ya a IM and we can talk some off line and maybe hook up... I have a new rifle I am trying to get all setup, working the bugs out.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:30:19 PM EDT
Robe is about 45 minutes from Stanwood, pistol shooting places aren't too hard to find close by, but rifle length ranges are closely shrouded in secrecy. Darrington has a few good pits, about an hour away and not too crowded..
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:35:37 PM EDT

Hello All,

Welcome.

We can't tell you where the good rifle pits are untill you meet the goat!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:36:27 PM EDT
Do a maps.google search for Alger Mt., which is just up the road from Kesselring's Gun Shop. Alger is state-owned land & is used as a rock quarry. Steep uphill dirt roads bifurcating in places lead to a few different shooting venues to choose from on the mountain. One in particular affords a birds eyeview of the North Sound & has a 100 yds backstop for target, or use the view section to sling & dust clays w/ the shotty. Other venues have up to ~200 yds or so range.

As long as you don't litter or dump, the rangers leave the gates open. Do something stupid & they'll lock the gates for a while. Would seem pretty obvious, but some people still don't respect the land from time to time. Do them a favor & bring along a rake if shooting brass or shells. Steel cases will at least rot away in time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:37:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gibby:

Hello All,

Welcome.

Welcome !!!!
But Gibby that's BAAAAAAD
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:54:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gibby:

Hello All,

Welcome.

Which goat R U refearing too!?!?!?!
Top Top