Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:05:31 AM EDT
Hey man, which bending jig do you have? I am getting sick of hammering my top rails over. They function fine but look like shit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:15:56 AM EDT
[#1]
It is the DPH jig, It belongs to sixgunsblazing and he has been very kind with letting all of us have access to it at the shop.( he leaves it with us, so he dont have to lug that heavy thing around) You also have to pound the top rails over and they do look nasty, but with a little bit of buffing out and the combo of painting they end up running slick as snot.

I would say that jig has more than paid for itself with the amount of flats 7 of us have done now.

( I think Im going to make a $$$ offer to Sixgun's here pretty soon, ya see I have a prob...I keep getting more and more flats, then I have to buy more kits, and it is just a cycle that will not stop...)

You really should head out our direction on a build day...I think you would have a good time.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I should charge you a royalty for each flat you bend, now that you're hooked
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#3]
bobbitybobbity has been infected too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#4]
How many have you guys finished? Have you shot any of them to see how well they work?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#5]
In this last week I have finished 3 builds, one is not test fired yet but the others run like a top
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, dem bugz is all over me now! zzzzzzzzzzWHAP! "shit, I missed one!" zzzzzzzzzzz
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How many have you guys finished? Have you shot any of them to see how well they work?

I have 2 done in the last 2 weeks now, the ones for Bunny and Sixguns would be done already if we had the rails heat treated and the center supports on hand...

I would say that in another 4 hour building party we could have 3 or 4 more finished..

The two that are done now shoot fine, and they run a lot smoother than my WASR.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey man, which bending jig do you have? I am getting sick of hammering my top rails over. They function fine but look like shit.

Do yours look like the rail on the left?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Some do, some dont..

Depends on if I use a block and a deadblow, or a body hammer and just beat them over .
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Some do, some dont..

Depends on if I use a block and a deadblow, or a body hammer and just beat them over .

I was going to say use a block and a deadblow,  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top