Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 3:04:17 AM EDT
I`m going to the Poconos next week with a couple of friends. I heard abot this Sunset Hill range here. I`ve seen their webpage, only thing is they idn`t list any restrictions. Are there any? I did notice that they do rent AR15`s and AK`s, so there can`t be too much right? I`m just looking for a place to Load my AR and AK mags to full capacity. Not this 3 round bullshit like at the state ranges up there. Also is rapid fire ok? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just there today, pretty crowded. Took my nephew shooting for the first time. Saw a pretty good ammount of evil black rifles on the line.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 1:23:17 AM EDT
[#2]
504PIR what time were you there? I was at the range twice this weekend. That range kicked a$$! No rapid fire but 3 shot bursts were ok. Thats my new range for the Poconos now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#3]
spree,
I was there around 1:00. Were you with another guy with multple black rifles ? If so, I was with the little redhead kid. It was his first time shooting. I had him shooting my 10/22. I moved him down to the otherend for the closer targets. Also, this allowed me to use handgun and still watch him. Must have been you, heard the multible 3 shot bursts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:16:05 AM EDT
[#4]
504PIR, That WAS me!!!! I was the guy with sunglasses. We were one or two spots away from the rental clay bird, were everyone would clap when someone hit the birds.

Usually I don`t 3 round burst that much, but since my range here doesn`t allow it me and my friend had to get it out of our systems!

Course we were there on Saturday as well doing the same.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:17:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Almost forgot how did he do? Did he like to shoot?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#6]
504PIR I remember you. You were the gentleman to my right with the little guy shootin .22. I felt kinda bad that you guys moved down, but I definetly did not want your nephew to get nailed with our shells. I hope you guys had as much fun as 223spree and I did. Really nice weather that day too!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#7]
The little guy enjoyed it. I think it was the highlight of his summer. My other nephews(his brothers)are 16 yo twins and didn't want to go to their uncle's because they thought they would be bored. Jokes on them. I'm sure he is rubbing it in to them that I took him shooting. It was a great afternoon and we had a good time. It's a good range, I just wish I could move there. I'm not much on the stationary stuff but we shoot when and where we can right ?
As far as having to move, it was his first time and I figure avioding the brass as well as a closer target would be better for him. Hell, I think I've be hit with more brass over the years
than bullets I've put down range. If you guys plan another trip, let me know. I'm pretty busy between work and home, but if I'm not doing anything, I throw some lead with ya. Last thing, you guys gotta get some stripper clips(LOL).
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#8]
oh yea, I guess you saw our cases of ammo stacked around! Even with stripper clips we tend to overdo it.223spree and I are probably going back up there again in the fall. So if we go up we will let ya know,we always like meeting cool people to enjoy the range with.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds good. Dro me a line when the time comes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:45:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah hopefully in the fall " We`ll be back". But first I gotta replace some of that ammo I burned off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top