Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Murphy's in Prescott. Host said the whole downtown was voted 'no guns'. No sign posted. I called before I was going to walk there from my hotel. They're way overpriced so I won't miss them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Add barrows on Dysart and Camelback to the list.... bastards...
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 9:22:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brianm602] [#4]
Originally Posted By geneSW:

Same for the one in Ahwatukee, to bad I loved their pizza.

Streets of New York pizza in Mesa on Baseline and Country Club has a No Firearms sign at the front door but it does NOT have the circle and red slash, they are also not posted anywhere near their liquor license. I'm not sure if this is a tactic to appease their anti gun clientele and still allow CC or if they are not knowing the law.
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:21:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Last time I went to Chipolte on Grant and swan the sign was down.

But when I went to  Oreaginos for lunch today it was up. Never seen it before.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Barrows Pizza, 5135 N Dysart Rd on the N.E. corner of Dysart & Camelback. Litchfield Park area which is on the far west side. No handguns signage at door, but its okay to carry in everything else.  Judging by the ugly cashier I dont think anyone would hold the place up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ChadG:
Barrows Pizza, 5135 N Dysart Rd on the N.E. corner of Dysart & Camelback. Litchfield Park area which is on the far west side. No handguns signage at door, but its okay to carry in everything else.  Judging by the ugly cashier I dont think anyone would hold the place up.

Originally Posted By geneSW:

Just a few posts above you ChadG....

interesting side note though, while it's at their front door, it's not near their liquor license.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Just ate at Red Robin on 83rd and noticed that they took their "No Firearms Allowed" insignia down. SCORE.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Atticaz:
Just ate at Red Robin on 83rd and noticed that they took their "No Firearms Allowed" insignia down. SCORE.

Interesting. My kids love eating at RR and we miss it since they started posting - I'll have to check my local restaurant.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#12]
So I just got my Crossbreed Supertruck holster, got some time off, so I decided to take my wife out to dinner and as it turns out Applebees and the Native New Yorker, both off of 51st Ave and baseline, don't want CCW holders. Needless to say I was pissed so we drove down Baseline to the next Applebees who were happy to have our business. I for one do my best to avoid doing business with those that don't allow CCW.

Bottom line: If you want to CCW, Applebess and Native New Yorker both off of 51st Ave and Baseline are a no-go.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Outback I-17 / Dunlop

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Taco's & More, Maricopa and the owner owns gun's?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Barro's pizza
Baseline and Mill
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Hot Rods Old Vail on Houghton in Tucson
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I didn't see it on the list but BWW is largely anti-gun
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SinistralRifleman:
Porkopolis is posted

And i'm still eating there!  LIke I need my gun in Porkopolis lol
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:15:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dace] [#21]
Thanks for the list
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#22]
TGI Friday's on Happy Valley.

Manager asked me to leave pistol in my car. I told him if my pistol isn't welcome, neither is my money.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#23]
too many to list but keep in mind, 1/2 of FLAGSTAFF businesses do NOT want your business if you carry!
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Destroy_By_Fire:
Flagstaff, AZ

Granny's Closet
View Quote

This I find interesting. Same family owns the Hi-Liter show club in Phoenix and are known to carry themselves. A bit hypocritical ?

Also add Chop N Wok @ Scottsdale and Shea to the list.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 12:14:14 AM EDT
[#25]
The Horn in Camp Verde. The owners are vehemently anti-gun.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 2:18:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Outback in Sierra Vista has a sign that doesn't meet the legal requirement, as the one above at I17 and Dunlop.  It is small, and placed above the second set of doors as you enter, in such a way that it is unlikely that most people would notice it.

Applebee's in Sierra Vista has a sign that does meet the legal requirement as to its contents, but it is not placed in an obvious location.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 3:38:03 AM EDT
[#27]
The McDonald's in Florence has an interesting one I've never seen before. It says that no one besides law enforcement can have weapons inside. Statist much?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#28]
PoPo's Mexican food on 59th ave & Bell just put a sign up at the front door a few weeks back. I spoke with the manager and voiced my concerns, but she said it was the three owners' decision to make both restaurants the same (other location had an "incident" which prompted them to put a sign up). I checked back a few days ago, and the sign was still there. Not quite by their liquor license, but damn, I'm gonna miss those shrimp tacos...
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:04:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Sprouts in Tucson is posted:

7877 East Broadway Boulevard
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520) 546-6112

Wasn't an issue when they were Sunflower.  I will
be taking my ~$200/month to the farmers market.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Sedona, Elote Restaurant.   Has a hand lettered sign taped to the door.

"No Firearms allowed".
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:48:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andy_J] [#31]
You can add Rustlers Rooste (8383 South 48th Street) to the restaurants that do not want your business.  Just got off the phone and they are posted No Firearms Allowed.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:17:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:

Interesting. My kids love eating at RR and we miss it since they started posting - I'll have to check my local restaurant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:
Originally Posted By Atticaz:

No more sign at the one on McDowell in Goodyear.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Fired Pie put up a sign a month or two ago, although it's damn near ankle level
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I just moved out to Buckeye from California, ate at Cracker Barrel for the first time, anyone know where they tend to land?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Cracker Barrell?  You will land in the bathroom with cramps.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:56:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Toss E cheese's on 30th street and bell is coated within absolutely no weapon indicators.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Tilted Kilt in Phoenix
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Bay Leaf Café in Chandler (Alma School and W. Chandler Heights) is posted "no firearms" in a large sign next to the door.

No skin off my back as my wife and I just walked back to the car and went to the excellent Thai place (Silk True Asian) across the way that is not posted as such.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Anybody know of any movie theaters that aren't banning? AMC Centerpoint on mill just put a sign up in the last few weeks. They didn't have one before. But I assume almost everyone bans. I've also heard they now have metal detectors at the theater in Mesa Riverview.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Outback Steakhouse in Mesa.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#41]
My $.02 worth on all this is IF you are properly concealing none of these places will be the wiser if you happen to forgot you are carrying that day
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Mi Nidito's in Tucson has a no firearms sign.  Does anyone know if Mosaic Cafe has one posted?
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:33:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Thank you for posting the list of banned places for CCW. I'm also glad I continued reading as I didn't know the laws & penalties for going into stores & places that did not allow CCW's.

I always thought it was the stores choice not to allow weapons on their premises, didn't know there are laws about it ... I now know different. Pretty scary that I could possibly loose my CCW rights & more ...

I can't afford $500 or the 30 days as I'm not in the best of health. Jail house doctors/medicine are not the best. Also, I'm a 'Nam Vet & we always get the bad end of the stick ...

Thanks for doing the home work for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By TimW:
Seriously people,..if you're going to carry a firearm for protection, take the time to learn the fucking laws from someplace other than "Hey, what's the penalty for...".

Do your own research.  Buy Alan Korwin's book @ www.gunlaws.com

Look on the Arizona Revised Statutes website.

Sinistral should be fucking charging people for legal research....$50 a search.
View Quote
Being ignorant of the laws just makes the whole firearms industry look exactly what the left wants us to look like.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Noticed recently that the Cowboy Club restaurant in Sedona removed their sign. I always thought it was ridiculous that a "cowboy" themed restaurant would ban carrying firearms.

I saw another company that removed their sign recently but I forget who it was. Heading in the right direction, though. I'm making it a goal of mine to drop off concise, clear information cards to the managers/owners of every business with no gun signs in the near future, and attempt to understand their stance and explain mine.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Red Robin - Lake Havasu City, AZ
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ae1:

Well thanks for the information. If I had known there was a plain-language digest of the law, I wouldn't have had to ask. You could have just provided the first link.

I found the Senate bill on my own, but was surprised to learn that it had changed before becoming law when I looked it up in the statutes. One difference: the requirement of posting a sign at the door was removed.

Anyway, anyone have an idea about what "resident" means? Don't worry about answering if you feel burdened by the question.

A.  A person with a permit issued pursuant to section 13-3112 or who meets the
criteria specified in section 13-3102, subsection D, paragraph 1 or 2 may carry a
concealed handgun on the premises of a licensee who is an on-sale retailer unless the
licensee posts a sign that clearly prohibits the possession of weapons on the licensed
premises. The sign shall conform to the following requirements:

1.  Be posted in a conspicuous location accessible to the general public and
immediately adjacent to the liquor license posted on the licensed premises.

2.  Contain a pictogram that shows a firearm within a red circle and a diagonal red
line across the firearm.

3.  Contain the words, "no firearms allowed pursuant to A.R.S. section 4-229".

B.  A person shall not carry a firearm on the licensed premises of an on-sale
retailer if the licensee has posted the notice prescribed in subsection A of this
section.

C.  It is an affirmative defense to a violation of subsection B of this section if:

1.  The person was not informed of the notice prescribed in subsection A of this
section prior to the violation.

2.  Any one or more of the following applies:

(a)  At the time of the violation the notice prescribed in subsection A of this
section had fallen down.

(b)  At the time of the violation the person was not a resident of this state.
View Quote
I wonder why this does NOT apply to residents?
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Sad that these places refuse to allow patrons to defend themselves. I heard there has been legislation introduced in some areas stating that any business refusing to allow customers and/or employees to be armed must provide armed security.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Is the original post being updated?

For every one listed, there should be an email and/or phone number.  And, frankly, any time one takes their dumb signs down and gets off the list, there should be a list of them, too, so we can go out of our way to patronize them and let them know that good choices have good consequences!
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#50]
We can add Barrio Queen in old town Gilbert to the list.  I sent them this:

I'm writing to respectfully ask you to reconsider your decision to threaten a good part of your customer base with arrest.  I met friends there a few days ago, and if it was just me and my family, I would have left.  I certainly won't return... it's unsafe for me to leave my sidearm in my car.  And please consider... do you really believe anyone who's intent on causing trouble or harm is going to be deterred by your sign?  Do you really think the crazed attacker or the person angry at their ex is going to see that and think, "Oh, I can't attack here, I have to go somewhere else"?  All your sign can possibly do is deter the folks who A) *aren't* the problem; and B) might be the only ones between you and an attack between the time you can dial 911 and the police can possibly arrive.

If you remove your sign, I'd gladly return.  If it stays, an awful lot of Arizonans will not.
View Quote
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top