Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 9:41:10 AM EDT
Anybody know of dealers in AZ (Phoenix Metro preferably, but I'm not picky) that carry AR15s. If you know what brands they carry, that'd be useful too.

Thanks in advance!
Chris
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Ameetec is in Gilbert, they carry mostly Ameetec stuff but carry others as well.
ASA is in Tempe and they carry ASA rifles. I have heard very bad things about them but they are supposed to be trying to turn things around, I don't like Bob though, so I don't go there
Bear Arms in Scottsdale carries AR15s
Scottsdale Gun Club also has AR15s in Scottsdale, but are a bit more expensive for the same stuff

I am very happy with my Ameetec rifle and they have AR15.com discounts.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#3]
BUILD your own and save some money. Look at model one sales.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Pistol Parlour in MESA has a good selection of AR15 rifles.  Mostly BUSHMASTER, I think.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Lone Wolf at 51st Ave and Peoria usually has quite a few Bushmasters, and sometimes a Colt or two.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all of the replies so far, you guys are pretty damn helpful! Anybody know if any local stores carry Rock River ARs?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#8]

- Ameetech...   Good guys that actually use the products they sell.  There was some confusion about a build they did for me and even though they had a slight mix up, it was quickly and professionally resolved.   You won't be dissapointed.   My Ameetech is by far my favorite AR, hands down.

- Lonewolf is a great shop.  The guys are not the normal gun store asshats and they have the most competative prices in the valley.   As of Saturday, they had a big selection of Bushmasters in and a few Armalites this time as well.   I've yet to see anyone even come close to matching their price on glocks.

- Scottsdale Gun Club - My opinion on this place has turned a bit.  They still have the nicest indoor range, but I'm not spending money buying from them.  They have three major dings against them when it comes to buying.  

1) They are stupidly overpriced.  
2) A few asshat car salesmen type counter guys.
3) There service blows goats -  I dropped off a pistol for gunsmithing and got the royal run around.  For seven months they didn't bother with it, and always claimed they were waiting for parts.  After getting fed up, I went online and found the same part available on 4 different vendors within about 15 minutes.  One of which was Brownells,  their main part supplier that they swore was out of stock. I had the part in my hand 5 days after ordering.    When I went to pickup my pistol, they refused to return it unless I paid for the parts they hadn't gotten in yet.  When I spoke to one of their managers, he wanted a chance to make it right and promised a return call from the gunsmith the following Monday.   No call.   I called them on Monday and asked to talk to the manager again, and was again promised a call.  On Thursday of that week, with still no contact from anyone, I called the mangaer again and told him I was coming to get it and make sure they knew to release it.  

- Oh, and Sportsman's warehouse on 17 has a few... mostly carbons though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Scott at Ameetec has done right by me. What I got from them ran great and those guys shoot also.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Pistol Parlour in MESA has a good selection of AR15 rifles.  Mostly BUSHMASTER, I think.

Last time I was there they had about 15 of them on the rack. Nice to go to a gun store with more semi-autos then bolt guns.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
ASA is in Tempe and they carry ASA rifles. I have heard very bad things about them but they are supposed to be trying to turn things around, I don't like Bob though, so I don't go there

I have an ASA AR15, M4 style. Never had 1 issue with it. Bought it when they were in Scottsdale. Ended up switching out the Car15 stock for an M4, Brad did it for free. When I originally bought the rifle it had an A2 carry handle upper and I had wanted an A3 but Brad was out of rear sights. I went in there about a month or so later, had maybe only 500rds through, Brad switched out the upper for a flat top A3 for $40 which was the price difference on a new one.

I don't know if Brad is still there. When I talked him a couple months back they were talking about their move to Tempe.

I think Bob was the old owner. I remember Brad mentioning he was horrible with customer service and that was the main issue.

I agree with what has been said about SGC. Like a used car lot in there.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think Bob was the old owner. I remember Brad mentioning he was horrible with customer service and that was the main issue.

Bob is still the owner, Brad was just trying to keep him out of the store. I have been to their store 2 times and Bob was out front both times and I will never put a penny in that asshole's pocket
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Ameetec has great stuff.  American Spririt has really turned things around and Brad is AWESOME.  If I were building an AR, those are the only two places I would go.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all of the help guys, I think I'm going to check out Ameetec.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:16:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Bear Arms - typical priced $1,000 bushmasters

Scottsdale Gun Club -

Lone Wolf - typical priced $1,000 bushmaster with cheap BSA red dot site that "the navy seals use"

Pistoul Parlor - priced right around high end retail.  Make sure you look cuz the guy sure doesnt know whats in stock if you ask him for something.

If I went anyplace it would be Ameetec evern though I am sure they are high priced in my book.

Personally I build them, much cheaper, save on state taxes, builders tax, and retail markup on a complete rifle.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Brad is a great guy. Not sure who the big younger guy that works with Brad but he was very cool too.

I haven't been to Ameetec, but I have heard nothing but great things about them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Scottsdale Gun Center, Steve has always been helpful.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Was in pistol parlor today, around 20 (maybe more) ARs in stock, saw bushmasters and DMPS for sure, but wasn't looking for ARs.

Didn't look at prices.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Sportsman's warehouse often has fair prices + tax free sales!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top