Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/31/2006 3:16:15 PM EDT
Dvds' arrived today. The ar15 trigger job and the Complete Colt 1911, both videos by A.G.I.  

I would  highly suggest both Even if you don't do the job but to get a better understanding. This way you can see and say gunsmithing is not an art but a science. It shows the do's and don'ts and what tools are involved. The tools can be obtained at a local hardware store. Most if not all for $50, and some you'll already have.

On the AR15 trigger job, he took a 6.5lb down to to 3.1lb pull, then he took it back to 4.3lb pull by lenghthening the disconnector spring. If you sat down and did it the whole job, it should be right around 25 minutes.

The Colt 1911 video is a must have for any 1911. I've tore down mine and it did't act quite right after being reassembled. Rented the video , found I reassembled it wrong by one step on the safety.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
How long did they take to get them to you? Due date? I didn't even know such a site existed. Sweet!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, I'll have to check some of those out.

On the AR-trigger job, did he recut the sear angle? I know alot of guys do that, but I've always wondered how they got around the case hardening? If you cut into the metal, your trigger will wear badly because you've taken away the hard surface.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I was looking at that site today,looks pretty good.How long did you have to wait for the DVDs?I was looking at the same 2 DVDs.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Videos took 13 days to get here they were not in stock at the time ,but they keep 10-15 on hand of each. Due date is 14 days I believe, but not sure.

Swingset- he used files and a band sander. My jaw dropped when I seen him do it. He only took off a couple thousandths on engagement parts, trigger,disconnector and hammer. The video is very easy to follow. So I tried and did it on my stock trigger. I have no way of measuring other than feel. It was very comparable to my RRA 2stage trigger.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Do a search on ebay for a user name of NCPMS.  This person is located in North Carolina, and has tons of the AGI DVD's, tapes, hard and soft books on subjects we are interested in.  They charge a flat rate of 4.50 shipping, and my deliveries have been running around 7-8 days.  

I have ordered two items off of them recently, with no problems at all.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:24:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been using technical video rental for over a year, probably done about 10 dvds from them.  Only complaint I have is the disks are often pretty scratched.  You get a week to watch them, with a notice that comes with your disk or tape that says you'll be charged another rental if you fail to return in that time period.

I have not had a problem with getting them back in time, as I always watch them pretty fast.  They come with a prepaid mailer to return them as well.  Not a bad way to go.

MournSword
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:32:27 AM EDT
[#7]
The technicalvideorental.com website is either gone, or unavailable this morning.....

MournSword

Edited to add that they are still not there this morning.  Anyone know what happened to them?
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top