Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2003 10:49:12 AM EDT
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that surplus 5.56 is just about non-existant at the "funshows." Anybody got a source for cheap "blasting ammo?"

Hessian-1(just opened the last SA battlepack)out!
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Plenty of Wolf out there.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#2]
How 'bout Silver Bear?

Anybody tried it yet?
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I second the wolf vote, Its all I shoot for blasting ammo.  I tried the silverbear but the hollow points kept hanging on my feed ramps.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Have any of you guys had any problem with the cases(wolf) sticking in the chamber?

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Have any of you guys had any problem with the cases(wolf) sticking in the chamber?

Hessian-1

No problems with Wolf or Barnaul in any of my AR's (ArmaLite, Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic Arms, and Rock River Arms).
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I have shot around 3000 rounds of the 62grhp Silverbear out of two Colt ARs. They are more accurate than the Wolf out of my guns.I sand bagged both. They knock steel plates down just fine.At the last Berea show prices where up around 10 bucks a thousand.I have shot some of the regular Barnel stuff I never had any problems.I was talking with cthy at J&C sales at the berea show and she said tht she heard no more SA at least for now and I have heard it from others.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know what the deal is, but my Bushmaster simply refuses to feed the steel cases on the Silver Bear ammo.  Out of all six of my Orlites and the factory 10 rounder, I got more FTF's from the Silver Bear than from Wolf and UltraMax combined.

I had excellent results from the Wolf, with no buildup in the chamber, and they fed pretty reliably.

For plinking, I think I am going to stick with the Wolf and the (factory reloaded) UltraMax.  Both are pretty inexpensive.

Dave
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Dave --

Wanna send me a box or two of this stuff and I'll run it thru my M4 Carbine at TUSCO in 10 days?  I've not found ammo this critter couldn't digest.  Yet.

-- Chuck
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top