Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 6:54:11 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a new spotting scope,would like a Leupold Sequoia angled  15-45 x 60 but at a price of $339.00 I think it's more than what I want to spend.
Checking E-Bay  I see there is some NIB 20-60 x 60 NC Star spotting scopes available @ $60.00, any one have any experiance with these?
I'm presently using a $20.00 Russian scope  x 20 power that works better than my buddy's $180.00 can't remember what make.
What do y'all use.
Any suggestions?
Tx,
Joe M.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:44:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got one of these from B&H Photo (link to Froogle):

It's small and light and works great so far.  I'm carrying it as a replacement from binoculars as well as a spotting scope.  For $100 it is a great deal.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Get what I got...Bushnell Spacemaster...it has an adjustable angled eye piece. Long eye relief (41mm !!!) and is 20-60x  60mm, or 15-45x 50mm.

The 50 is $130ish Ebay, the 60 more like $160ish.

I'm not an optics snob. My Burris 20x 50mm fixed allows me to see .223 holes at 220 yards if the background is white...For a $50 spotter that came free with a scope, its pretty damn clear. I've seen a lot of scopes, and unlike a lot of people, I call it as it is. I don't need to say one thing is better just because it costs more.

And yea, a lot of that Russian stuff IS just as good as much more expensive U.S. stuff, but people often don't like to talk about optics that meet or beat theirs for 1/5th the price.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top