Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 3:50:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/23/2003 3:50:49 AM EDT by ger42]
I took a relocation to Sunrise and am in the process of trying to sell my house and move to the area. Anyone know where I could store a few guns (AR + shotgun) while I'm in transaction. I can't leave them at work, no firearms allowed. I don't want to leave them in a hotel room. Any gun store in the area that might "rent" space?
Gerry
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:50:23 AM EDT
Welcome to Sunrise.
You may consider one of the many air-conditioned storage facilities in the area.
Have you checked out Markham Park yet,
for their outdoor shooting ranges?
Seth
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:30:32 AM EDT
You might try asking a local Law Enforcement agency. Last time I had this problem the gun shop wanted $10 per weapon per day, screw that, tried to say it requires "extra" paperwork.

By the way, where is Sunrise?
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:50:38 PM EDT
I live in Davie, just off of University and I-595, just minutes from Sunrise. I would be more than happy for you to store your guns in my home unitl you are ready for them. I can also tell you about a private property outdoor range where a few of us members frequently shoot at. It's about 15 minutes from my house. If you are interested, shoot me an IM. Seriously and sincerely JasonR.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:33:43 PM EDT
Seth I have been to Markham park. Nice facility. I left two guns clubs that ran side by side. One had 2 pistol ranges, 2 100 ranges, 3 skeet fields, 1 trap field and a 50 ft indoor pistol range. The other club has a covered 200 yd range and shooting positions at 200, 300, 500, 600, 800, 900 and 1,000 yards. For all but the 600 yard out I had dawn to dusk access for a total of $70 per year. The indoor range was 24 X 7.
BUT Florida has better gun laws and the absence of the Clintons.
Gerry
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:30:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By N2OGV:
Welcome to Sunrise.
You may consider one of the many air-conditioned storage facilities in the area.
Seth

I took your advice and found a place that will take a safe. The guy is a shooter. When I asked him about guns he said not problem. Facility is locked 6PM - 9AM with security. Safe will be inside a locked room. No visibility into room. Access is from inside only. $92 a month second month free. Got to get the safe ASAP.
Gerry
Top Top