Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/3/2006 3:26:37 PM EDT
A month ago now I placed an order with Top Notch using that silly spreadsheet thing of theirs. I got a call a week afterward to confirm my credit card and they said they had what I wanted and would be shipping. No dice, then they finally answered an email a week ago when I inquired and said they would get it out right away, but still nothing, no charges, no shipment, and now I am 5 days without a response to my last email.

Before I start calling them again Monday, is this just par for the course with this outfit or am I have an unusual problem with a usually reliable vendor?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:38:47 PM EDT
It's typical. Slow to respond, slow to ship.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:31:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By faldoc:
It's typical. Slow to respond, slow to ship.

Oh boy
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:37:32 PM EDT
a dangling, unfilled order is very frustrating..they have all your credit info so you can't ignore them..as a suggestion, if you are tired of waiting, then send them a demand letter with a drop dead date (typically 7 days) and tell them to provide shipping/tracking number..tell them that any part of the order not shipped by the drop dead date is canceled
i had to go through this with GG&G, and it solved the problem
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:41:23 PM EDT
When I ordered some extractor springs for my SW5 they seemed to take a long time but I
e-mailed them about the status. In 2 days I got a non reply e-mail with the tracking number.

They never did respond directly to my e-mail but I did get the indirect track info.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:32:16 PM EDT
I've done business with Top Notch a couple of different times...great success both times. More recently (a week to 10 days ago) I placed an order for the PSP/SP10 rails. I FAXED in my order w/my C'card info and the part #s that I wanted. I got the order shipped to my door yesterday. So, it took about a week total after sending off the FAXED order.

Try sending them a FAX w/your concerns and/or your order info. Maybe that will work...though you shouldn't have to go to that extreme.

Just trying to help...

ARCAPTN
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:17:12 PM EDT
One word: Top-Notch "SUCK!"
Top Top