Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 3:55:41 PM EDT
get in more parts???

I called in and was put on their "call list" to be notified when new parts come in about 6 months ago! Anybody know what's going on over there?

GA-Dawg
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
get in more parts???

I called in and was put on their "call list" to be notified when new parts come in about 6 months ago! Anybody know what's going on over there?

GA-Dawg

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=9&t=191629

Who knows
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
get in more parts???

GA-Dawg

Same here...

I just bought a stamped SW receiver and if I get desperate enough, I'll have someone chop a German MP5 for me...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont understand how these places survive when they run big ads for parts they dont even have.There POF HK stuff on the website says "out of stock" and its been like that for over a year?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Emailed pof a while ago and they told me that they were not recieving any kits anytime soon "due to the situation in pakistan".
-jls7
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#5]
How hard would it be to organize a German MP5 parts kit group buy?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How hard would it be to organize a German MP5 parts kit group buy?

Well, since German MP5 parts kits are in such high demand, you simply aren't going to find someone willing to GB (whore)  them out to everyone.

Secondly, it's not like there are just millions of MP5s out there waiting for the torch.  When HK parts sellers get them in, they are gone in no time.

I pre-paid 2+ months in advance to a well known dealer to secure a German MP5A3 parts kit.  If I would change my mind, there's a long list of fellas that'd gladly take my place in line.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I wanted to buy a retractable G3 stock from them a while back for $175.  They told me that they were on backorder for the foreseeable future.  I lucked out and got one of the stocks from Centerfire Systems for $140.  POF-USA needs to get off of their ass and supply some parts.  There is a ton of money to be made.  I guess it would suck to have to depend on third world types for your parts.  That country is pretty unstable.  Bad for us I guess.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#8]
They are extremely busy with their AR piston uppers.  That is keeping them plenty busy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Not to mention the Pakistanis are pissed that we blew up some terrorists at a dinner party in their country...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:11:05 AM EDT
[#10]
You fellas obviously are RUMINT deficient. The 'situation in Pakistan' has nothing to do with Uncle Sugar......

Simon
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#11]
what kind of parts are you guys looking for?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
what kind of parts are you guys looking for?

Uhhh, all of them...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Do not expect  any POF HK parts any time soon.

My understanding of their situation is that they
had a massive earthquake .

They had more people die or become displaced
than we did for hurricane Katrina.

We're talking in the millions are homeless ,and their
crops destroyed.

The POF HK plant is in the effected region.

It may be damaged itself ,or workers are more worried about
rebuilding their homes right now.
With all the recent disasters ,they are getting very little help
as compared to other areas of the world.

It's gonna be a long wait ,and that's if they come at all.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I did some research on the topic when I originally posted and asked the same question.    

The area of the factory is known as Wah Cantt.  (As in "wa cant" I get my parts)  Anyway, Wah Cantt is located approximately 50km northwest of Islamabad in the Peshwar region.  They don't like Americans in the surrounding area very much.  However, Wah Cantt is described as a "cosmopolitan and diverse" (lots of liberals - which in this area is a good thing) small city.  The city is considered a "model city" in Pakistan and certainly its success is due in part to the housing of the Pakistan Ordinance Factory.  From the aerial photographs, the factory is quite large and appears to be well over 1-million SF and possibly as large as 1.5-3 million SF.  Intelligence sources suspect much of the nuclear arms production of Pakistan may be housed here.  It appears the manufacturing facilities for nuclear production are also based at the factory  

Background

POF was founded in 1951 with the primary objective of producing arms and ammunition for the armed forces of Pakistan. At the same time it was entrusted with the responsibility of running these Factories on sound commercial lines and utilizing the spare capacities for meeting the requirements of civil sector and exports.

Today it is a sprawling complex of fourteen production units and six subsidiaries producing conventional arms & ammunition. R & D projects have been undertaken to minimize dependence while efforts have been made towards self-reliance through innovation and indigenization

The earthquake was centered to the northeast of this town, again, my impression is somewhere between 50 to 100KM.  While I couldn't find out if Wah Cantt was damaged, Islamabad which is about the same distance from the epicenter only sustained minor damage (one apartment building collapsed).  The major damage in the area is around the epicenter.  The epicenter of the quake is in a mountainous region.  

My impression, but can't confirm, is that Wah Cantt is located in a valley, surrounded by hills.  Roads are difficult to travel to the city and the surrounding areas are poorly developed.  There have been many landslides in the area, the problem compounded by a number of seismic after-shocks.  Utter devastation and loss of life is found to the northeast, closer to the Kashmir Region.  Based on my research, I would speculate the factory has not been damaged to a great extent or at all, given the limited damage in Islamabad.  However, production is likely working at a small percentage of full capacity.  many in the area likely have relatives in the affected region and may be assisting in aid efforts.  Further hindering getting parts is problems with roads and transportation in general.  The factory may be housing displaced victims; hospitals in Wah Cantt are intact and caring for those injured.

Remember, this is a military factory.  Military orders come first and we don't know "who" is in the pipline.  They just don't produce wide handguards all the time, they likely rotate production and may only produce wide handguards once every 3 months to 3 years (who knows).  I don't think the problems with the bombing is going to make any difference.  However, I think you guys should be prepared for up to a years wait for any parts from Pakistan.  That was my conclusion based on the limited data on the area I could find on the internet.      
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I did some research on the topic when I originally posted and asked the same question.    

The area of the factory is known as Wah Cantt.  (As in "wa cant" I get my parts)  Anyway, Wah Cantt is located approximately 50km northwest of Islamabad in the Peshwar region.  They don't like Americans in the area very much.  However, Wah Cantt is described as a "cosmopolitan and diverse" (lots of liberals - which in this area is a good thing) small city.  The earthquake was centered to the northeast of this town, again, my impression is somewhere between 50 to 100KM.  While I couldn't find out if Wah Cantt was damaged, Islamabad which is about the same distance from the epicenter only sustained minor damage, such as one apartment building collapsed.  The real damage in the area is around the epicenter.  The epicenter of the quake is in a mountainous region.  My impression, but can't confirm, is that Wah Cantt is also located in either a mountainous, semi-mountainous area or surrounded by mountains.  Roads are difficult to travel.  There have been many landslides in the area.  Utter devastation and loss of life is found to the northeast, closer to the Kashmir Region.  Based on my research, I would speculate the factory has not been damaged to a great extent, given the limited damage in Islamabad.  However, production is likely working at a small percentage of full capacity.  Further hindering getting parts is problems with roads and trasportation in general.  

Remember, this is a military factory.  Military orders come first and we don't know "who" is in the pipline.  They just don't produce wide handguards all the time, they likely rotate production and may only produce wide handguards once every 3 months to 3 years (who knows).  I don't think the problems with the bombing is going to make any difference.  However, I think you guys should be prepared for up to a years wait for any parts from Pakistan.  That was my conclusion based on the limited data on the area I could find on the internet.      

Nice job with the research.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The area of the factory is known as Wah Cantt.  (As in "wa cant" I get my parts)  Anyway, Wah Cantt is located approximately 50km northwest of Islamabad in the Peshwar region.  They don't like Americans in the area very much.  However, Wah Cantt is described as a "cosmopolitan and diverse" (lots of liberals - which in this area is a good thing) small city.  The earthquake was centered to the northeast of this town, again, my impression is somewhere between 50 to 100KM.  While I couldn't find out if Wah Cantt was damaged, Islamabad which is about the same distance from the epicenter only sustained minor damage, such as one apartment building collapsed.  The real damage in the area is around the epicenter.  The epicenter of the quake is in a mountainous region.  My impression, but can't confirm, is that Wah Cantt is also located in either a mountainous, semi-mountainous area or surrounded by mountains.  Roads are difficult to travel.  There have been many landslides in the area.  Utter devastation and loss of life is found to the northeast, closer to the Kashmir Region.  Based on my research, I would speculate the factory has not been damaged to a great extent, given the limited damage in Islamabad.  However, production is likely working at a small percentage of full capacity.  Further hindering getting parts is problems with roads and trasportation in general.  

Nice job with the research.

Man...let's get this guy investigating/looking for Osama! We'd have him by Friday! NICE work buddy!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I have G3 wide green handguards, G3 complete bolt assemblies (bolt, carrier, firing pin, locking piece, etc) and a number of G3 barrels available (both bare barrels which have front sights+threading, and others that also have the cocking tubes....flash hiders are also on hand....  I know this might belong in the EE because im  'advertising', but, I know you guys are looking for parts......  PM me or email me if you are interested in anything: [email protected]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I have G3 wide green handguards, G3 complete bolt assemblies (bolt, carrier, firing pin, locking piece, etc) and a number of G3 barrels available (both bare barrels which have front sights+threading, and others that also have the cocking tubes....flash hiders are also on hand....  I know this might belong in the EE because im  'advertising', but, I know you guys are looking for parts......  PM me or email me if you are interested in anything: [email protected]

email sent
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Wah Cantt.....is Wah Cantonment. It is a military area and the home of Pakistan Ordanance Factories, the government run defence conglomerate that makes everything from bullets to tanks.
The facilities did not suffer any appreciable damage as they were realtively distant from the epcientre. Islamabad itself suffered realtively light damage but had substantial causalties when an apartment building collapsed.

Patriot's problems date from before the quake and are unrelated to the disaster.

Simon
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#20]
ya, my handguards that I have on hand (wide green g3 handguards) , are in fair shape, ..they have scratches and smudges on them...so they are not "new" condition by anymeans....  I only have like 2 left.  So if you want one, let me know.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#21]
POF-USA  updated their website recently to reflect that they have nothing for sale.  Hardly any HK parts.  How sad...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#22]
It couldnt be that hard to reverse engineer one, and have a machine shop make 100 of them to hk specs.....  My shop could do it, but I dont have a HK stock yet for my own mp5 build.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top