Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2002 3:45:08 PM EDT
For some unknown reason I'm starting to consider a FAL. I would like a L1A1 with a humpback stock,all wood furniture ,and a muzzlebrake that looks like the OEM flashhider. I saw a fake FH on the DSA site but it was solid. Would it be a violation to have a solid one drilled with the holes themselves being directional?
In choosing a receiver for it,did IMBEL make any Type #1 or #2's with the gear logo and nothing else? I hope to find one w/o Cemtury,Entreprise,or Hesse trademarks.
And lastly,what else can be installed on a IMBEL M444 for a muzzlebrake? The brake thats installed is butt ugly!

Thanks for your help guys! I "understand" my AR and M14 Poly,but I don't know jack about FAL's.

PS. If you're cussin' at your DSA,or Century, etc... Wouild that make you a FAL-mouth?? LOL!
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:53:09 PM EDT
If you want an L1A1, your only receiver choice is Entreprise. They are currently making the only true Inch pattern receiver on the market. I got a really beautiful Australian L1A1 parts kit and have ordered the Entreprise receiver (with matching serial number to the parts kits) for the very reason that I wanted an authentic L1A1 as possible.

Once you drill holes in a solid muzzle weight (it's obviously not a brake, just a barrel extension) you have manufactured a non-ATF approved muzzle attachment. Is the ATF going to come after you? Probably not, but you would be on your own.

Imbel receivers are only available as a Type 3. Any receiver that has been inported since 1989 will have the importer stamp along with the manufacturer markings.

For the M444 you should install a fake belgian short combo device, since that would "look" right. There are any number of other brake options. Try TAPCO, RPB, and Smith Enterprices. For my L:1A1 build I am having the stock flash hider sleeved so that I maintain an authentic profile.
Top Top