Armory Sponsor
Posted: 3/11/2009 8:44:52 AM EDT
|
I have noticed that there seems to be two different types of FAL rifles, Inch and Metric. What are the differences between them, and which one is more common in the world? Also, are the parts interchangible and if not which type is easier to get parts for? |
|
It sounds like you would be well served by spending some time over at the FalFiles. They are a great source of info.
-Inch pattern rifles have extended selectors, folding charging handles, extended magazine releases, and use magazines with a more substantial locking lug -Metric pattern rifles were made in larger numbers. -Some parts interchange. Inch rifles use a breaching washed to time the bbl, metric pattern do not. IIRC, you can use an Inch patter bolt AND carrier in a Metric Receiver. I believe the same goes with using a Metric lower on Inch upper vice versa. -Metric parts kits were recently the most plentiful and tended to be the lowest priced. In this market though, none are too cheap. HTH Blitz |
|
Quoted:
So is the Inch gun the one to have? Depends on what you like. the folding handle on the inch is kinda neat Forgot the rear sight folds down on the inch. Agian neat unless its down when you reall need it. True you can usr metric mags in an inch but they may be pretty loose. I prefer the metric grig the inch is smaller and boxy in a bad way I own 11 metric and 1 inch but thats what I prefer. |
Armory Sponsor
Join the Community
Your next conversation starts here.
Create your free account to join discussions, share your experience, save topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.
- Join discussions
- Follow topics and replies
- Connect with fellow enthusiasts
Already a member? Sign in
Stay informed by subscribing to our Newsletter



