Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 9:59:27 AM EDT
2 weeks ago, I was on DSA's website checking out their upper receiver offerings. Especially the typeII model. Call for pricing was all that was listed for all models. I called and was quoted $325.00 + $11.00 shipping, for all types, except for their stainless steel upper. Now I see that they've listed a price of $449.00. Was I quoted some kind of special "Dealer Price"? Along with my order and payment, I sent a copy of the screenshot for the receiver that had the call for pricing stipulation. I hope I still get the receiver for the quoted price! Do you folks think that the shot show might have had some influence on this price jump?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I think $325 is the dealer price. Retail has been $449 for quite a while.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yow! I wonder if they'll reject my purchase. I never claimed to be any kind of dealer...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks like the prices have gone up!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
How do you qualify to be a dealer to DSA?? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Have your ffl send his paper by fax to DSA and let him/her call DSA saying he/she authorizes you to place order to the ffl's shop.

Then call DSA and voila!  the magic $325 receiver happens.  I'm still waiting on Type I though...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#7]
UPDATE!!! I stopped by my favorite gunshop and spoke with the dealer. I explained the mix-up to him and he told me that if there was any problem, he'd call DSA and personally authorize the purchase for the upper. Looks like I'll be getting the upper for dealer cost + $25.00 transfer cost! Bob is a helluva nice guy! Thank You Bob!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#8]
For not even offering a chrome-lined barrel, they sure are proud of their product.
Great rifles, though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad I got my order in before the update.  I also called to make sure it wouldn't increase the price of my Para and it won't.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Glad I got my order in before the update.  I also called to make sure it wouldn't increase the price of my Para and it won't.

How long ago did this update take place? Just after Shot Show ended? That's when I notice the changes made on their website. I'd already mailed out my order before seeing the changes, though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know when the update was but it was ordered the last week in January.  This thread worried me so I called to make sure my card would still be charged the same amount.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
For not even offering a chrome-lined barrel, they sure are proud of their product.
Great rifles, though.

I'm on 56k right now or I'd post a link. Search on their site for item 00121G1
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Great rifles, though.

Well how do you like them apples!

I am liking that!

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:09:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Great rifles, though.

Well how do you like them apples!

www.dsarms.com/images/bblg1cm.gif

I am liking that!

Are they actually available? I know a couple months back they said that FN wanted some ridiculous amount of money to chrome line the barrels for DSA and they were looking into getting chrome lining set up themselves. Anybody know how that worked out?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top