Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/4/2006 3:58:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 6:02:48 PM EDT by mjacvn71]
I finall got a Fal kit and it arrived today. Got it for $250 with matching #'s from interordnance. Barrel has "decent" rifling. But I will be installing a new barrel sometime down the road (read as later this year).
You can tell this rifle has been in some action, or atleast alot of target practice. I have the 1911 and the AR15 imbedded in my brain from building my own...now it looks like I gotta learn the Fal. Now the search goes on for a upper receiver!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:39:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 5:45:33 PM EDT by 1Gunner]
I got mine from classic arms today for $241 shipped........same as yours but non matching...only one mag....top cover rusted almost completely through!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:07:29 PM EDT
I couldnt believe.....but the auto-sear was actually in the pack of upper receiver parts. My rifle was $264 and some change shipped.

I am just dyin' to start tearing it all down for a good scrubbing....but I dont have a receiver yet, and I am sure I will need to order some replacement parts (like those dumb-ass required american parts) . And to think the same idiots that voted on that rule actually are "in charge" of the U.S. That scares me ALOT!!!

ANyone have any pointers that have bought a similar kit? Tools required? Parts you replaced? Problems you ran into?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:17:47 PM EDT
start at the top and go down....everything is covered to death..i'm just starting myself

www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=22a1f8cc38702a49931efdb72a561ad1&forumid=15
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:25:08 PM EDT
I was a total newbee at building an FAL 10 years ago, and didn't have this forum of great people to help. Basically I purchased an Imbel reciever for my STG-58 kit, and had a local gunsmith mount the barrel and headspace the bolt...everything after that i did myself, and it was no problem. He charged me $35 at the time. Been shootin my FAL ever since with nary a bobble.
Top Top