Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2003 12:00:01 PM EDT
Got one for $350.00 . Shoots great(for me) 5 to 6 inch groups @ 100m . Had some earlier cylcling problems but an easy fix . My question is are these the guns that are blowing up???
Second question; It came with a C more aluminum (crappy) scope rail . What is a reasonable price for an OEM dust cover to replace it ?
Third question;Is it inch , metric , and how can I tell who made it originally . All the old
parts have matching #s so I do not think it is made out of more than one gun .
Many thanks for any info !!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 12:18:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2003 12:24:34 PM EDT by The_Beer_Slayer]
i have one of their l1a1 abominations.

The upper<barrell, bolt and such is standard. The lower <trigger parts locking shoulder and such is metric.>

Mine had pretty bad headspace problems and the finish was basically horrible. Got a buddy to camo it and had the head space fixed. Now it's a good looking rifle. It shhots as tight as most DSA rifles now that it has been fixed and refinished. If was going to do it over i'd probobly just by a dsa and have it perfect out of the box.

mike

I really liked the "FINGER" on the stock.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 5:25:07 AM EDT
Thanks guy !! I ain't bitching but you're the only reply I got . I reposted another message hoping to get more. Know anything about exploding receiverss on these or is it just Hesse ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:24:55 PM EDT
mine is on a hesse. the only thing i have heard is there was someone making an alluminum? reciever. or at least some kind of alloy that was not steel.

Those were cracking around the locking shoulder. Read this a few years ago over on the FAL files. From what i have read CAI is now making their own recievers.

The biggest problems i have seen with them have been obviously shit manufacturing techniques. If you buy one have a smith check it out. Good ones run fine. Bad ones can be a money pit. On the bright side CAI will eventually make it right but you may have to ship it back a few times.

mike
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:59:04 PM EDT
It was a Williams aluminum receiver that was blowing up. These are called the WAC, alumibomb, combat elite or just Williams.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:59:26 PM EDT
I have a Century L1A1, very old model all L1A1 parts on a metric Made In Canada receiver. Has given me zero problems. No, she ain't as pretty as a DSA, but she is just as reliable.
Top Top