Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 4:37:02 PM EDT
      A friend is willing to part with his M1 Garand. it is a h&r. the barell is stamped blue sky / arlington va. is there anything specific I should be looking for or shell out the 600 and be happy?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen a Blue Sky M1 Carbine.

Get someone who knows Garands to inspect it before laying money down is my best advice.

Seriously.

Danny
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Blue sky imports are from Korea look the bore, op rod over closely, many of these Korean M1's were well used/abused, others were'nt. Piston head on op rod should be .525 minium and about .526-7 max, They are easily rebarreled if needed and easily converted to .308 if wanted. Action should fit tightly in stock, with NO fore/aft movement No side to side movement. If it meets CMP critera for Service grade, go ahead and buy if not, negoitate a lower price or walk away... If you walk from this one Try the CMP...You won't be sorry..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top