Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2005 5:12:28 AM EDT
www.armalite.com/sales/specials/excess/m14magSale.htm

Armalite selling thier M14 magazines for 25.00 a piece, thought some would like to know.

MDP
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, this was sort of a dupe X2 or 3 or 4. But I just got my 6 USGI mags from Armalite today and they look to be good. 5 are marked BRW-S1 and one is marked OM. I'd like to clean them and get rid of that military surplus cosmoline smell. Does anyone know, can I just use CLP to clean and protect them?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#2]
CLP, a rag and a tooth brush is what I took cosmoline off my Yugo AK kits with, just takes some time.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
CLP, a rag and a tooth brush is what I took cosmoline off my Yugo AK kits with, just takes some time.

Thanks man. At first I wasn't sure I liked them (being used to my USGI AR-15 mags that are quite "different"). But they sure do seem to be hell for stout. Seems like they are the real deal. Now, if I just had my M1A to try them out on. It's gonna be a LONG month until I get it...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered two today and if I like them I will order eight more.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered four yesterday.  I think I'll order four more if they turn out good...8 outta be enough.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:26:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks man. At first I wasn't sure I liked them (being used to my USGI AR-15 mags that are quite "different"). But they sure do seem to be hell for stout. Seems like they are the real deal. Now, if I just had my M1A to try them out on. It's gonna be a LONG month until I get it...

Know how you feel, put my name on one of the M25 recievers at LRB and they won't start production until February by what I've been told by Lou I think.

Never had ammo and magazines before the rifle before but it's a nice change.  Should get my mags in a week or two.

MDP
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#7]
My six came in and looked great!

Just can't afford to stock up on these like I can with CETME mags at $0.99 a pop...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Know how you feel, put my name on one of the M25 recievers at LRB and they won't start production until February by what I've been told by Lou I think.

Never had ammo and magazines before the rifle before but it's a nice change.  Should get my mags in a week or two.

MDP

It's good to know that I'm not the only one suffering. Mine is just a standard NIB SAI, but I'm still chomping at the bit. Hopefully I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't experience any problems.

I will be making another payment on mine this week and will likely start buying .308 battle packs here and there. So I should be all set for when I finally get the gun next month.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MDP

It's good to know that I'm not the only one suffering. Mine is just a standard NIB SAI, but I'm still chomping at the bit. Hopefully I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't experience any problems.

I will be making another payment on mine this week and will likely start buying .308 battle packs here and there. So I should be all set for when I finally get the gun next month.

Well the week or two was alittle pessimistic. they just arrived today to go along with the belgiun 250 round cans sportsmansguide has for sale the arrived 2 weeks ago.

The magazines have different markings, anyone know what each one is from...
BRW S-1  
C.M.I
A BIK 'K' WITH M AND A T IN IT

MDP
edited to add the link I, very informative,

www.fulton-armory.com/M14Mags.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top