Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 6:57:00 AM EDT
I had a hard time backing out my un-issued GI ratchet-type chamber brush.  I screwed a section of the cleaning rod to ratchet section of the brush, insert the brush into the chamber and closed the bold gently to seat the brush into the chamber.  Once I was done, I could not pull the brush out and had to use the cleaning rod to drive the brush out from the muzzle end.  Am I doing something wrong or is there a trick in this particular part of the cleaning procedure?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#1]
that's typical.... I use a small screw driver to pry out the brush... it's even harder to get a chamber brush out of a Garand...
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks God someone else has had this problem, I thought I was an idiot(my still be an idiot though).  Reading the manuel they say to put in the brush then gently close the bolt on it, still managed to get it stuck in there.  Now I leave the bolt open and very gently insert the chamber brush.  Still alittle tricky, but my M1A seems to shoot quite clean so it's no biggy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top