BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By socommatthews:

I sent an email back in June and then another one earlier this week with no response to either
View Quote

I had a few that was not responded to. Can't blame them either. At this point they are probably annoyed with everyone asking because of the back log. Hopefully that muzak machine comes in handy to speed up some of the processes.

Were you trying to check your line number or trying to get on the waiting list? I used my wifes FB to contact Jerricah and she is very helpful.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 12:52:28 AM EDT
[#2]

I sent an email back in June and then another one earlier this week with no response to either
View Quote

Might have gone to spam.  We try to catch them, but they get buried so fast in that folder it's easy to overlook.

Try Facebook or messaging through the website

www.eccomachine.net
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I messaged through website and got a response next business day.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm somewhere on thier list, don't know where and I don't care.

It's serious first world problems to be whining about your place in line.

Go order some ammo and check shipping status every four hours it will help yall relax.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sixtysixdeuce:

Might have gone to spam.  We try to catch them, but they get buried so fast in that folder it's easy to overlook.

Try Facebook or messaging through the website

www.eccomachine.net
View Quote

Originally Posted By Cowbell:
I messaged through website and got a response next business day.
View Quote

Cool, I’ll try that.
Originally Posted By KJCA3:
I'm somewhere on thier list, don't know where and I don't care.

It's serious first world problems to be whining about your place in line.

Go order some ammo and check shipping status every four hours it will help yall relax.
View Quote

I don’t think anyone’s whining, I’m certainly not. I’ve been on the list for almost 6 months now so I’m curious where I am in the que. Who’s to say they didn’t try and contact me and their email went to spam? I would never know it and would only find out by…you guessed it…sending them an email
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 5:02:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cowbell] [#6]
Submitted my first form 1 in a while today. Forgot to put MFI and went to pending research, asked the experts and it was fixed in literally 2 minutes. Will be sending off to ECCO once everything is approved and end cap drilled.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Submitted my first form 1 in a while today. Forgot to put MFI and went to pending research, asked the experts and it was fixed in literally 2 minutes. Will be sending off to ECCO once everything is approved and end cap drilled.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259822/CE779E33-4C43-4898-AB97-407424C966DE_jpe-2058641.JPG
View Quote

Who make those cups?
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Lug-9:

Who make those cups?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259822/CE779E33-4C43-4898-AB97-407424C966DE_jpe-2058641.JPG

Who make those cups?

Dino precision. Two 1.372 midweights and the rest lightweight. Heat treated 17-4 SS
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

Maverick Talon built for 5.56. Thanks a ton Nick. Jerrica was awesome as well with all of the shipping options. I will get it Friday, and if anyone is interested, please email me and I can give you a report from the first ~100 rounds that I will put through it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Dino precision. Two 1.372 midweights and the rest lightweight. Heat treated 17-4 SS
View All Quotes

Who make those cups?

Update: This setup had the littlest bit of slop so my initial plan was to have Nick make me a spacer to tighten it up. Yesterday I ordered a skirtless dino cup to take the slop out and Nick can shave down the last skirt and stick this one in the end next to the endcap.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Can anyone tell me what the measurement is from the tip of the muzzle device to the lip of the keymo adapter?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Eric802:

That's a short little sucker! How long is that tube? I would love to hear how it performs with just three baffles. That's the kind of thing I'd want for my 20" AR.
View Quote

5 inches sir. 1.625 diameter. With the PPA plan B, it will be under 5 and 1/2 inches including mount and muzzle device.

I am also curious to see how this 3 baffle system will work.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:14:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#14]
………..
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:30:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cowbell] [#15]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:

For first time Form 1 metal workers I usually recommend drilling the blast baffle or second baffle first (where misalignment is less significant just due to angular offsets) and drilling the front cap last when the process is and skills are (hopefully) most mature.  The front cap requires either the most precision or the most allowance or both.  For a repair by an SOT initially drilling the front cap minimal sized allows a boring bar to have enough material left to clean up to perfect concentricity on a lathe. For .22 forms a 1/4” is reasonable. For .30 cal and 6.5 a 5/16 drill might be good. You still want to try your best at centering/concentricity.  It’s perfectly reasonable when step drilling to realize you need professional help and stop and get professional help.  If you wait until you have a .390 hole that is off center, the controlled process may wind up with a much larger centered hole.

Naturally any prior advice of the professional supersedes these notions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:

For first time Form 1 metal workers I usually recommend drilling the blast baffle or second baffle first (where misalignment is less significant just due to angular offsets) and drilling the front cap last when the process is and skills are (hopefully) most mature.  The front cap requires either the most precision or the most allowance or both.  For a repair by an SOT initially drilling the front cap minimal sized allows a boring bar to have enough material left to clean up to perfect concentricity on a lathe. For .22 forms a 1/4” is reasonable. For .30 cal and 6.5 a 5/16 drill might be good. You still want to try your best at centering/concentricity.  It’s perfectly reasonable when step drilling to realize you need professional help and stop and get professional help.  If you wait until you have a .390 hole that is off center, the controlled process may wind up with a much larger centered hole.

Naturally any prior advice of the professional supersedes these notions.

Yes, or:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:50:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eric802] [#16]
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Eric802:

That's a short little sucker! How long is that tube? I would love to hear how it performs with just three baffles. That's the kind of thing I'd want for my 20" AR.
View Quote

Just wanted to do a short follow up after ~150 rounds. All are from an indoor range. I tried it without ears, I could handle a couple shots, but after that I had to put my ears back on.

It still is quiet for how little it is and having 3 baffles. I also have only tried it on my 11.3 barrel. I have not tried it on my 16 or 18. It will live on the 11.3 barrel. I think Nick did a fantastic job with the limits of the size of the can.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, just added another to the list. Sandman-L clone

Just paid my CC off today too, damnit
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Bumping so this won't get archived. Ordered everything to finish the current project. Dead air Key-Mo Omega and 30cal flash hider endcap. Will be sending off to Nick hopefully next week for a re-core
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Just for future reference with Nick and my shorty can(scroll up). I probably passed the 1,000 round mark this morning. I have mostly used this can indoors. For how little this sucker is, and with only 3 baffles, it does a great job. Sustained fire indoors is not as quiet at my phoenix, but it does great considering the size and amount of baffles.

Seriously, thanks Nick. It takes the edge off indoor shooting while still being short.
-Just another happy customer.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 4:24:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericaJr] [#22]

View Quote

I've been looking at that tube, did you go with shrimp gang cups/displacers or another vendor's?

Eta looks like I may have to buy a MAD shrimp kit with their displacers...  Hmm.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AmericaJr:

I've been looking at that tube, did you go with shrimp gang cups/displacers or another vendor's?

Eta looks like I may have to buy a MAD shrimp kit with their displacers...  Hmm.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AmericaJr:

It's probably going to get some dino cups depending on how the one sounds that I just sent off. Other option for me would be some sauce co ones.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Fresh off the the big brown Santa truck from ECCO
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Some time ago my Tri lug shit the bed and I started having baffle strikes that cracked three of my baffles on the very first can in this thread.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Of course I reached out to ECCO to get this resolved. I decided to ditch the Tri lug and go to direct thread. He made me a custom adapter for my old school 1/2x36 9mm AR15 barrel.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

As well as made me some nice shiny new baffles.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Is Ecco still around? I've had no luck getting a response over the website, email, or phone.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Horrible_Aim:
Is Ecco still around? I've had no luck getting a response over the website, email, or phone.
View Quote

Absolutely. I was just talking with them a couple days ago. You did the "contact us" on the bottom of this page?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#29]
@OP

I appreciate the info in this thread. Sometime yesterday or today @Sixtysixduce was locked and another thread was nuked from the general silencer forum which covered his work/wait times/business operations on converting older designs to modern mount threads. I mention all of this to say that it would be good to see this thread stick around and I'm not sure exactly how cautions posters need to be about posting contact info for a non-industry partner, but it's worth keeping in mind as future posts are made.

Finally, quick question for you. How has the form 1 from your opening post been holding up now that you've had it for over a year?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#30]
The cracked baffles were from the very first can in this thread and my first form one can.

Other than the Tri-lug causing alignment issues and subsequent baffle damage it’s been great. I have it in a direct thread setup now and it’s amazing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#31]
My SDN-6 is back from the dead, the craftsmanship is immaculate.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By GSDAK47:
My SDN-6 is back from the dead, the craftsmanship is immaculate.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/283977/7FDA1F6B-5F86-43F4-A50B-C82DBA111001_jpe-2223200.JPG
View Quote

I’m almost at a year wait. Hopefully I’ll be in your shoes soon
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Not anymore.  5-6 months now.  We're doing batches of 80-90, we try for one per month, but it often ends up being 5, 5-1/2 weeks by the time we finally get them all in here.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By :

Not anymore.  5-6 months now.  We're doing batches of 80-90, we try for one per month, but it often ends up being 5, 5-1/2 weeks by the time we finally get them all in here.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By :

Jerrica contacted me late last week and you guys just received mine yesterday

Is it done yet
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#35]
ECCO has a new laser!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#37]
@SixtySixDeuce So did you mean 5-6 months after you receive the item? I got a text from Jerrica when she received my suppressor that I was in the cue….I thought I just got out of the cue when I sent it in, now I’m in another one
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#38]
@SixtySixDeuce So did you mean 5-6 months after you receive the item? I got a text from Jerrica when she received my suppressor that I was in the cue….I thought I just got out of the cue when I sent it in, now I’m in another one
View Quote

No.  4-6 weeks once we bring them in.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Cowbell:ECCO has a new laser!]
View Quote

@Sixtysixdeuce
Your new font and layout look really nice!

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#40]
From ECCO via FB:

It has come to our attention that the issue with incoming emails ending up in our spam folders or sometimes just plain not getting through is also occurring with our outgoing messages.  
We're working to resolve these issues, but in the mean time, if you have messaged and not heard back from us after a couple business days, please check your spam folder and try again if that search comes up empty.  The alternates of messenger here on FB  or text message may be a better bet until we sort out whatever is going on with email.
Sorry for any delays, and please rest assured we're not ignoring anyone on purpose!
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#41]
@sixtysixdeuce are you still offering re-core services on newly approved form 1 cans?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#42]
@sixtysixdeuce are you still offering re-core services on newly approved form 1 cans?
View Quote

Yes, we still do recoring of any legal silencer, whether production, custom or Form 1.

We did, however, cease bore & clip services about a year ago for several reasons, only recore with our parts.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#43]
@sixtysixdeuce are you making any direct thread browning  pitch mounts any time soon?
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Another oddball completed by Ecco.
Re-cored for 22lr use. Coaxial design due to thicc tube.

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 4:00:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chargerdude70] [#45]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
https://i.imgur.com/kbhFtCv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uwwSIO4.jpg
View Quote

Nice,
I asked him about starting with a SF Trainer and turning it into a 22 suppressor. It would make a good fit for putting on my HK 416-22 with SF WarComp on the end. It too would be a coaxial build.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
Nice, I asked him about starting with a SF Trainer and turning it into a 22 suppressor. It would make a good fit for putting on my HK 416-22 with SF WarComp on the end. It too would be a coaxial build.
View Quote
Yuup, that's the pathway for it. That would be pretty slick 416 trainer.
This originally was a dedicated F1 556 can. I've had a good number a F4s approve since, so this can was just marinating on the side.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
https://i.imgur.com/kbhFtCv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uwwSIO4.jpg
View Quote

That turned out super nice.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 1:50:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone just F1’ing tubes and sending them to ECCO to “build”/“finish”?
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
View Quote

I do know some people that have done that in the past with great results, however there are some rules (suggestions, guidelines, Magic 8 Ball readings or whatever the ATF interpretation is these days) as to what constitutes a "finished" F1 build so best to check with whatever SOT you are going send to for specifics on what you need to do before it is sent in.   At some point in the past the minimum was a mount, tube and endcap drilled to allow the F1 listed caliber to pass, so more than 'just a tube' but not much more
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
View Quote

I don’t believe @Sixtysixdeuce provides that service. Maybe by tagging him he will chime in.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top