User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
oh man.  It came in today and of course I had to install it right away.  It's 10 times better than the toshiba.  It looks like i'm recording in HD. (i may be actually).  Even the Acti doesn't compare.  I may be replacing all my cameras with the Hikvisions.  They are that good.  I'm interested to see what it looks like at night.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I just ordered A hikvision DS-2CD2032-I  should have it next week. I'll update this once I get tint.  It's the 4mm lens version to replace an old Panasonic toshiba camera that is just not very clear.  The reviews are outstanding on the camera, and I cannot wait to try it out.

oh man.  It came in today and of course I had to install it right away.  It's 10 times better than the toshiba.  It looks like i'm recording in HD. (i may be actually).  Even the Acti doesn't compare.  I may be replacing all my cameras with the Hikvisions.  They are that good.  I'm interested to see what it looks like at night.
Post up some screen shots

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By nikroft:
View All Quotes
I just ordered A hikvision DS-2CD2032-I  should have it next week. I'll update this once I get tint.  It's the 4mm lens version to replace an old Panasonic toshiba camera that is just not very clear.  The reviews are outstanding on the camera, and I cannot wait to try it out.

I was lurking and you guys convinced me to buy a hikvision DS-2CD2032-I  but I cant make it work
Its in a poe switch and the leds light up at first but I cant find it on the network.
its slightly warm so I assume its functioning any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:48:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrZeat] [#5]
I've been using the dahua 3MP cameras with poe and hardwiring, so far so good... I'll post pictures of the live feed later... ~180/camera

Eta
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TheGrayMan:

You need Hikvision tools:  Link

Or you could check the DHCP server logs on your router.  

Or you could do a ping sweep in DOS to find it on your local subnet.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BUCK1911:

I was lurking and you guys convinced me to buy a hikvision DS-2CD2032-I  but I cant make it work
Its in a poe switch and the leds light up at first but I cant find it on the network.
its slightly warm so I assume its functioning any suggestions?

You need Hikvision tools:  Link

Or you could check the DHCP server logs on your router.  

Or you could do a ping sweep in DOS to find it on your local subnet.  

Fun tools and it sees the cam.. now how do i see what it sees? 192.0.0.64 in a browser says its not available
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#8]

What subnet are you using?  Type "ipconfig" at a DOS prompt on your computer and post the results.  You can get a DOS prompt by windows-button ---> All programs -->  Accessores -->  Command Prompt

If you're not on a 192.168.0.x subnet, you won't be able to access the camera.  If you're on a 192.168.1.x subnet, you'll need to use the Hikvision Tools to give it an IP address on your subnet (192.168.1.64 would work)
View All Quotes

Fun tools and it sees the cam.. now how do i see what it sees? 192.0.0.64 in a browser says its not available

What subnet are you using?  Type "ipconfig" at a DOS prompt on your computer and post the results.  You can get a DOS prompt by windows-button ---> All programs -->  Accessores -->  Command Prompt

If you're not on a 192.168.0.x subnet, you won't be able to access the camera.  If you're on a 192.168.1.x subnet, you'll need to use the Hikvision Tools to give it an IP address on your subnet (192.168.1.64 would work)

Thanks just figuared it out. Didnt realize I needed to change IPs so I could see it. Wow great picture.
Any suggestions on monitoring software? I have a lot of random cameras.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#10]

The uber-inexpensive option is Blue Iris.  I've used Luxriot, and Milestone for most of my installations.  I've also used a Qnap network appliance (you have to buy camera licenses for it, but they will record).
View All Quotes

Thanks just figuared it out. Didnt realize I needed to change IPs so I could see it. Wow great picture.
Any suggestions on monitoring software? I have a lot of random cameras.

The uber-inexpensive option is Blue Iris.  I've used Luxriot, and Milestone for most of my installations.  I've also used a Qnap network appliance (you have to buy camera licenses for it, but they will record).

Blue Iris and Milestone look affordable is there a big difference between the two?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Major cost difference... but Milestone is actually a long-time, polished commercial product.
View All Quotes

Blue Iris and Milestone look affordable is there a big difference between the two?

Major cost difference... but Milestone is actually a long-time, polished commercial product.

I'm using I-Catcher at work easy to use but I don't like it and Eyecopia at the ranch and it great but limited on cameras they may be out of business now so no updates.
Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I have luxriot on graymans suggestion. It's very good and robust.  It's also very stable and had good support and updates.

I can't post screenshots of my cameras as it would be pretty easy to show where I live. Of all  cameras though, the hikvision has by FAR the best picture.
View Quote

Luxriot looks to cost to many ARs to me the others where in the 1/12 to 1/8 AR range
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I think I paid 270$ for my 4 channel luxriot.  You pay on how many cameras you have. One time fee.
View Quote

I have more than 4.. 6 at the moment but license plate recognition sounds fun. I haven't seen a non invite on cam in 4 years but when they do I want that plate number.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I really liked the feature on eyecopia where on motion it would sound alarm and tell me which cam had motion. Nice in the middle of the night when the coop alarm went off I would just grab a shotgun garden 10/22 front drive AR etc.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:40:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrZeat] [#19]
Here's my notes on camera software, heavily biased for my own use case... If you know of any else I should try I'll give them a shot:

Use case:
Personal home monitoring

Requirements:
1080p+ support
4 Camera Minimum (More planned in future)
Zone based record on motion (that actually works, customizable record time before/after motion, etc)
Entirely home based, zero "cloud" requirements. Can run on Windows Server 2012R2 or Linux, I can set up either and dedicate as many cores and memory as needed (My VM Server it would sit on has 16 cores and 72GB of memory). Storage space is not a huge issue, I can dedicate up to 10TB if needed, but I prefer to keep it around 2TB which is what it's set up with now.
Secure remote access via exposed ports, i.e. prefer it sit under IIS/Apache so I can setup SSL with client certs myself or at MINIMUM implement their own SSL stack. Unencrypted HTTP is not acceptable, unpatched shitty I made this myself HTTP servers who knows how many vulnerabilities will absolutely not be tolerated
Strong AuthN, AuthZ is not important, gf and I are only users
Emails based on motion alerts
Not a dealbraker, but would prefer some sort of way to view cameras from Linux, preferably from a browser (my command monitor in my office that just displays the cameras live feed 24/7 is running off of a low power odroid (like a rasberry pi, but with a real cpu) attached to the back of the TV)

Current setup:
ZoneMinder, under a fully patched apache install with SSL setup with my own CA and client certs installed on client devices.
Setup to do motion monitoring on low res stream, records high and low res streams together.
Emails me instantly when someone walks up to the door (or other areas) with a screenshot of the highest scoring frame, very effective.
Cameras on private VLAN, ZoneMinder box is dual homed.

Software I've tried:
ZoneMinder -
Easily my favorite

Pros:
Free. Open Source. Mostly meets all requirements...
email alerts which snapshot of highest scoring frame in alert
easy review of past alerts, nice web ui
astounding motion controls, all software, edge based not supported
can setup apache to require a client cert I can install on my devices so I'm protected from any application layer bugs
supports x264 exporting of events, but it basically just combines all the JPG frames in to a movie file

Cons:
Does not store as raw h264, everything gets converted to JPGs which means high load, high storage requirements, and high bw especially when accessing remotely, occasionally drops frames in the high res capture due to this. I've donated to the project and have worked with the devs, but this goal isn't going to happen anytime soon... Would at least like to see h264 to the browser even if it is JPG based local storage...

BlueIris -
Joke, what a piece of crap... sorry. Didn't leave this installed to form much more of an opinion.

iSpy -
Cloud requirements to connect remotely, wanted their android app, no way to secure the exposed web server, otherwise actually not too bad... Liked the features, liked the UI and support.

Exacq -
Probably best of the commercial enterprise focused ones I tried. I set the server up on a fresh ubuntu install (Warning: set it up on a VM and expect to blow it away if you don't go with it, lots of pieces in the install, not very user friendly and a lot of packages to remove if you don't like it)

Buggy serial thingy, the demo serial I got from them never worked right, but I still was able to test this in the single camera demo mode.
Expensive.
Seems to work best if you are recording all the time and just having it keep track of motion alerts, the record on motion I didn't get stellar results with.
Only supports edge motion detection, and I've come to the conclusion my dahua cameras pretty much suck at this with constant false alarms even after turning sensitivity practically to zero and excluding a good chuck of the FOV. Might work on an indoor camera, but outdoor I couldn't get satisfactory results.
I didn't see email alerts, but I was getting annoyed with it by this point and I wasn't really the target audience I could tell (I don't need 64 cameras, I just need it to work well with the ones I have :) ). Also if I was an enterprise, I'd be scared to death to put this anywhere but it's own isolated VLAN, was not too thrilled with security portion (then again that is my job... 3rd party boxes like this in the enterprise are great for compromising and persisting in).

Luxriot -
Kind of like a toned down version of Exacq, didn't like how dumbed down the UI felt (which seems to apply to most of the software I tried)... Similar to Exacq, worked best when recording all the time and just having it note where the motion alerts are.
Prefers edge motion detection, however supports local software motion detection as well... but the software detection has no more options or settings. Sort of got a somewhat acceptable motion working, but when doing record on motion only I couldn't find a way to get it to record a length before/after the motion so you really just get a couple frames when someone walks up. With a bit more playing I think I could make that work. Recording 24/7 does require a fair bit of storage at high resolutions which is to be expected, even with h264, software did support scaling/recompressing (although this is kind of pointless when you can just reconfigure the camera to use a lower res/bitrate).
No email alerts.
Otherwise pretty basic, no noteworthy standout futures, the client UI does have a bit more polish and the client camera layouts are nice. The web server did actually work on all the devices I needed it to.
Provided zero built in way that I found to delete older video, when testing this was a bit of a pain in the ass.
No screen with a list of timestamps and motion events I can just glance through and see what happened without going through archive tape.
Web server portion does not support SSL at all, does not run under IIS. Extremely limited settings on the web server portion, but it did work fine on my android phone as well as desktop browser on full screen if you don't care about transit security (including your creds! What a great idea, support Domain authentication, but don't even protect them in transit! So uh yeah if you use this in an enterprise, I hope you have IPSec enabled.). Also when in scaling mode (not fixed resolution mode) I did have to hack the html to get a full res stream though or it scaled it to a lower bitrate and looked like crap.
Meh, certainly not worth the $300-600 for my use. I guess if I ran a gas station or small business and wanted a <16 camera setup, lower res, and recording 24/7 it might work for me.

Anything else?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#20]
or Tendnet stuff?

Or from what ive read the IR lights around the camera are a bad idea since they attract bugs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#22]
TGM,

What do you think about something like this:

I'm getting to a point where I'm too busy to maintain a dedicated server with the NVR software on it.

I'm looking toward a low-maintenance option/turnkey type of rig now.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MrZeat:
Here's my notes on camera software, heavily biased for my own use case... If you know of any else I should try I'll give them a shot:

Use case:
Personal home monitoring

Requirements:
1080p+ support
4 Camera Minimum (More planned in future)
Zone based record on motion (that actually works, customizable record time before/after motion, etc)
Entirely home based, zero "cloud" requirements. Can run on Windows Server 2012R2 or Linux, I can set up either and dedicate as many cores and memory as needed (My VM Server it would sit on has 16 cores and 72GB of memory). Storage space is not a huge issue, I can dedicate up to 10TB if needed, but I prefer to keep it around 2TB which is what it's set up with now.
Secure remote access via exposed ports, i.e. prefer it sit under IIS/Apache so I can setup SSL with client certs myself or at MINIMUM implement their own SSL stack. Unencrypted HTTP is not acceptable, unpatched shitty I made this myself HTTP servers who knows how many vulnerabilities will absolutely not be tolerated
Strong AuthN, AuthZ is not important, gf and I are only users
Emails based on motion alerts
Not a dealbraker, but would prefer some sort of way to view cameras from Linux, preferably from a browser (my command monitor in my office that just displays the cameras live feed 24/7 is running off of a low power odroid (like a rasberry pi, but with a real cpu) attached to the back of the TV)

Current setup:
ZoneMinder, under a fully patched apache install with SSL setup with my own CA and client certs installed on client devices.
Setup to do motion monitoring on low res stream, records high and low res streams together.
Emails me instantly when someone walks up to the door (or other areas) with a screenshot of the highest scoring frame, very effective.
Cameras on private VLAN, ZoneMinder box is dual homed.

Software I've tried:
ZoneMinder -
Easily my favorite

Pros:
Free. Open Source. Mostly meets all requirements...
email alerts which snapshot of highest scoring frame in alert
easy review of past alerts, nice web ui
astounding motion controls, all software, edge based not supported
can setup apache to require a client cert I can install on my devices so I'm protected from any application layer bugs
supports x264 exporting of events, but it basically just combines all the JPG frames in to a movie file

Cons:
Does not store as raw h264, everything gets converted to JPGs which means high load, high storage requirements, and high bw especially when accessing remotely, occasionally drops frames in the high res capture due to this. I've donated to the project and have worked with the devs, but this goal isn't going to happen anytime soon... Would at least like to see h264 to the browser even if it is JPG based local storage...

BlueIris -
Joke, what a piece of crap... sorry. Didn't leave this installed to form much more of an opinion.

iSpy -
Cloud requirements to connect remotely, wanted their android app, no way to secure the exposed web server, otherwise actually not too bad... Liked the features, liked the UI and support.

Exacq -
Probably best of the commercial enterprise focused ones I tried. I set the server up on a fresh ubuntu install (Warning: set it up on a VM and expect to blow it away if you don't go with it, lots of pieces in the install, not very user friendly and a lot of packages to remove if you don't like it)

Buggy serial thingy, the demo serial I got from them never worked right, but I still was able to test this in the single camera demo mode.
Expensive.
Seems to work best if you are recording all the time and just having it keep track of motion alerts, the record on motion I didn't get stellar results with.
Only supports edge motion detection, and I've come to the conclusion my dahua cameras pretty much suck at this with constant false alarms even after turning sensitivity practically to zero and excluding a good chuck of the FOV. Might work on an indoor camera, but outdoor I couldn't get satisfactory results.
I didn't see email alerts, but I was getting annoyed with it by this point and I wasn't really the target audience I could tell (I don't need 64 cameras, I just need it to work well with the ones I have :) ). Also if I was an enterprise, I'd be scared to death to put this anywhere but it's own isolated VLAN, was not too thrilled with security portion (then again that is my job... 3rd party boxes like this in the enterprise are great for compromising and persisting in).

Luxriot -
Kind of like a toned down version of Exacq, didn't like how dumbed down the UI felt (which seems to apply to most of the software I tried)... Similar to Exacq, worked best when recording all the time and just having it note where the motion alerts are.
Prefers edge motion detection, however supports local software motion detection as well... but the software detection has no more options or settings. Sort of got a somewhat acceptable motion working, but when doing record on motion only I couldn't find a way to get it to record a length before/after the motion so you really just get a couple frames when someone walks up. With a bit more playing I think I could make that work. Recording 24/7 does require a fair bit of storage at high resolutions which is to be expected, even with h264, software did support scaling/recompressing (although this is kind of pointless when you can just reconfigure the camera to use a lower res/bitrate).
No email alerts.
Otherwise pretty basic, no noteworthy standout futures, the client UI does have a bit more polish and the client camera layouts are nice. The web server did actually work on all the devices I needed it to.
Provided zero built in way that I found to delete older video, when testing this was a bit of a pain in the ass.
No screen with a list of timestamps and motion events I can just glance through and see what happened without going through archive tape.
Web server portion does not support SSL at all, does not run under IIS. Extremely limited settings on the web server portion, but it did work fine on my android phone as well as desktop browser on full screen if you don't care about transit security (including your creds! What a great idea, support Domain authentication, but don't even protect them in transit! So uh yeah if you use this in an enterprise, I hope you have IPSec enabled.). Also when in scaling mode (not fixed resolution mode) I did have to hack the html to get a full res stream though or it scaled it to a lower bitrate and looked like crap.
Meh, certainly not worth the $300-600 for my use. I guess if I ran a gas station or small business and wanted a <16 camera setup, lower res, and recording 24/7 it might work for me.

Anything else?
View Quote

Yes, you shouldn't use SSL anymore.  You really shouldn't use TSLv1 (backward compatible with sslv3), but move to TSLv2 or 3.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:52:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrZeat] [#25]
Ok if you want to pick nits... It should have an A on Qualys SSL Test... https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ . Specific enough?

For what it's worth my ZoneMinder setup is running on a vlan isolated fully patched Apache2 instance with only PFS suites enabled for TLSv2 and TLSv3 and a required client cert that chains up the same root if it matters.

I ended up deciding to do the arfcom, get both though. I run ZoneMinder for motion alerting and email notification and also remote access. Locally I also keep Luxriot running for 24/7 h264 recording which gives me a rolling 2 weeks or so of continuous video. I found the remote access, motion support, and email alerting lacking on Luxriot so I don't use those features.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:08:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone have experience with the Hikvision DS-7604 nvr? ADI has the 1TB version for $249, I'm thinking about ordering a few DS-2CD2032 cameras and the NVR to play with. Also is there an easy way to disable the leds without having to disassemble the cameras, or an equiv camera without the ir leds.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:57:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Alan889:
Anyone have experience with the Hikvision DS-7604 nvr? ADI has the 1TB version for $249, I'm thinking about ordering a few DS-2CD2032 cameras and the NVR to play with. Also is there an easy way to disable the leds without having to disassemble the cameras, or an equiv camera without the ir leds.

View Quote

I too am interesting in this.  I plan to order a few Hikvision cameras for around the house which NVR would be best?

I'm liking this but it doesn't mention Hikvision so i might need to find a NVR and a separate PoE switch.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm waiting till the weather breaks to by a NVR, I did get a few  Hikvision DS-2CD2032 cameras, you can view somewhat live video from one of them here.

The php script  to view the camera is written by a Don over at  IPCAMTALK, It allows you to hide the IP and login info of your camera  from the general public.

AL
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I just install the 8 channel Hikvision NVR and 2 DS-2CD2032-I cameras. They work great and the picture is amazing. That being said the 4mm is a tight view, i wanted it to look at my front walk way and it is just to small for that. I just ordered the 2.8mm DS-2CD2132-I so ill see how that looks when it arrives.  The phone app is also very easy to use too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:44:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: irishtech] [#31]
Here is a fun comparison for you guys.  2 different cameras in the same spot on my house, angle is a little different but you can see the difference with 2.8mm vs 4mm.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:48:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: woodsie] [#32]
Originally Posted By irishtech:
Here is a fun comparison for you guys.  2 different cameras in the same spot on my house, angle is a little different but you can see the difference with 2.8mm vs 4mm.
http://i.imgur.com/hoLODyY.jpg?1
View Quote

Just got the DS-2CD2132F-IS for my porch and this was one of the things I was kicking back and forth.  I ended up with the 2.8mm and it was definitely the right choice for that close of an area.

I'm tempted to call bullshit on the 4mm image you have there.  That looks WAY too zoomed in for a 4mm lens.  Are you sure that's not the 12mm variant?

ETA:  And I say "bullshit" in the most friendly way possible.  I do appreciate the comparison!  
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By woodsie:

Just got the DS-2CD2132F-IS for my porch and this was one of the things I was kicking back and forth.  I ended up with the 2.8mm and it was definitely the right choice for that close of an area.

I'm tempted to call bullshit on the 4mm image you have there.  That looks WAY too zoomed in for a 4mm lens.  Are you sure that's not the 12mm variant?

ETA:  And I say "bullshit" in the most friendly way possible.  I do appreciate the comparison!  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By woodsie:
http://i.imgur.com/hoLODyY.jpg?1

Well i ordered the 4mm, but i guess they could have shipped the 12mm.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:26:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SethCalkins] [#34]
I have the Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS and it works great! I have it setup looking out to our parking lot - It's POE and includes features like Email Photo on Line Crossing. IR works great at night -

I'm able to check the camera when I'm away from home on my iPhone

I've got it setup with a Cisco Managed Switch (SG300-28P)

Found it on Ebay for right around $129

Any questions feel free to ask!

Using the line detection feature I took the pictures the camera emailed me and created a GIF from everyone walking in and out of the building.
http://www.telephonebuyers.com/anigif.gif
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#35]
My mom needs a camera for her house while she is up here having shoulder replacement surgery (she lives in TN).

I work in the security camera field, but I use Axis Cameras and Exacqvision servers - a little spendy for what she needs.

I have been wary of the Chinese cameras up to this point. But I'm going to get one of the Hikvision cameras because a lot of you guys seem to like them. And more than a few of you sound like you know what you're talking about.

So I'm trusting you guys!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By gajeep94yj:
Any one ever try one of these mini dvr set ups?

http://www.amazon.com/IntelliSecu-Camera-Recorder-Surveillance-E-SATA/dp/B00HN6345C
View Quote

interesting, that would be a lot easier to hide from thieves.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Any one ever try one of these mini dvr set ups?

http://www.amazon.com/IntelliSecu-Camera-Recorder-Surveillance-E-SATA/dp/B00HN6345C

That's my thoughts too. I really like the low power requirements too, not to mention I already have several NAS storage.

Now if I could just find a decent review!
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:05:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#41]
snip
View Quote

Great review, the install is super easy and the Hikvison NVR is easy to use too.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Great review, the install is super easy and the Hikvison NVR is easy to use too.
View All Quotes
snip

Which nvr have you used?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
snip

Which nvr have you used?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Which nvr have you used?
View All Quotes
snip

Which nvr have you used?

I have the Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE/P 8 Channel NVR

only 4 of the channels are PoE though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Is it common for people to put cameras like that in their house?

I'll leave a couple webcams around the house when I'm out of town but all my permanent cameras on the exterior and perimeter. Just seems weird to have it watching and recording you all the time...
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: louisianarebel] [#46]
Same model as the hikvision cam above^
Screenshot from blueiris phone app. Looks way better on computer.
With porch light on

Off

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#48]

So you did get them up... nice pic, and good placement.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By louisianarebel:
Same model as the hikvision cam above^
Screenshot from blueiris phone app. Looks way better on computer.
With porch light on
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/Screenshot_2015-05-16-22-02-42_zpsww6meypr.png
Off
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/Screenshot_2015-05-16-21-57-07_zpscfkiwkxc.png

So you did get them up... nice pic, and good placement.  

I had a acti d85 there and it sucked horribly at night with the IR reflection.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top