Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 1:22:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2010 1:24:01 PM EDT by ScottyPotty]
I had an old RCBS 5-10 scale that was working fine but the beam looked a little bent, so I thought I would "adjust" it. Well it snapped in half and I was mad at my self for being so stupid. I called Ohaus to see if I could get a new beam, and they told me to call RCBS. When I called RCBS and asked about the beam, they just said to send it to Ohaus with a return number.

When old scale had left my house, it had a home made powder hanger, broken front plastic foot and a broken balance beam. A little over a week later on my front porch I open the box and find a new/like new scale, with new beam, new front foot, new powder hanger and new powder pan. All this cost me was shipping - Thanks RCBS!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:04:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:06:54 PM EDT
Good to know. Only dies I ever use are RCBS. Haven't needed their CS yet though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:48:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By dryflash3:
RCBS has great CS, just like Hornady, Dillon, and Lee.

I know I left some out, but I only have experiance with those 4.

Add Redding. I hosed up my 6.8 dies and they sent brand new ones.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:30:58 AM EDT
I just can't understand why some companies treat their customers like shit. Stories like this give these companies a great rep, especially in the age of the internet where you can tell a million people across the world good or bad stories. There are a few companies I will never buy from because of their CS. Glad to hear RCBS are good guys.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:57:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:56:58 PM EDT
i just had my first experiance with RCBS customer service, i bought a used accesory plate for my trimmer, etc. and it did not come with the mounting hardware. I emailed RCBS and asked how i could purchase the hardware, and within 15 minutes i got an email back sayng they will put it in the mail tommorrow-free of charge. Cant beat that!
Top Top