BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Ray,
First off..thanks for being here.

I've have some issues with failure to feed. My 2nd Gen GSG-5 shot flawlessly at first. Have between 500-1000 rounds thru it now and it jams while feeding. It crushes the round while trying to feed them. I have been using both CCI stingers and Wal mart federal value packs, both fed just fine. All three of my magazines are GSG factory mags. After reading the threads here, I will not be surprised to find the ejector loose when I look at it tonight.  My questions are:

Do I have to send the entire gun back?
What is the process to send it back?  Do I have to go thru an FFL holder? If so, will I have to eat the 30 bucks my dealer charges each way to ship it to you? How long is the warranty? I bought this gun over a year ago but have only shot twice before I started having these problems and twice more after trying to clean it and test fire it.

Thank s for taking time out of your busy day

Vic
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By vicfeldman:
Ray,
First off..thanks for being here.
I've have some issues with failure to feed. My 2nd Gen GSG-5 shot flawlessly at first. Have between 500-1000 rounds thru it now and it jams while feeding. It crushes the round while trying to feed them. I have been using both CCI stingers and Wal mart federal value packs, both fed just fine. All three of my magazines are GSG factory mags. After reading the threads here, I will not be surprised to find the ejector loose when I look at it tonight.  My questions are:
Do I have to send the entire gun back?
What is the process to send it back?  Do I have to go thru an FFL holder? If so, will I have to eat the 30 bucks my dealer charges each way to ship it to you? How long is the warranty? I bought this gun over a year ago but have only shot twice before I started having these problems and twice more after trying to clean it and test fire it.
Thank s for taking time out of your busy day
Vic

Vic,
You do not have to send the whole gun back for the riveted ejector update, assuming that is the problem.  You do not have to send it through an FFL dealer, as it is legal to ship your own personal gun back to the factory for repair.  To send back, contact Chris in customer service at 1-800-290-0065 Ext. 153  Your warranty is good for two years from date of purchase, please make sure you have registered the gun at the web-site www.americantactical.us.  Best Regards,      Ray
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Ray or Chris,

Now that production has ceased, is there any way we could know how many guns were produced? By type and serial range?

Since these weapons are now surely relegated to history and collecting, it would be nice to know that there were xxx,xxx of 5Rs, xx,xxx Ps, x,xxxx SDs, etc. If a breakdown by year range, that would help as well. For example, 2009, Axxx,xxx to Axxx,xxx were SDs.

Any info or thoughts in this regard would be very useful. Steve
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Regular122:
Ray or Chris,

Now that production has ceased, is there any way we could know how many guns were produced? By type and serial range?

Since these weapons are now surely relegated to history and collecting, it would be nice to know that there were xxx,xxx of 5Rs, xx,xxx Ps, x,xxxx SDs, etc. If a breakdown by year range, that would help as well. For example, 2009, Axxx,xxx to Axxx,xxx were SDs.

Andi, the production manager was here yesterday.  I asked him about a list, and he said that when he got back he would send it to me.  I will post it when received.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:05:18 AM EDT
[#5]
So I bought a bunch of .22rd mags at a pawn shop last month, and just decided to load them tonight...

The new ones, with the round cound stamped into them. Is it normal for them to spread apart just a hair when loaded? Like, seriously 2 hair widths between the halves at the midpoint of the mag once it is loaded...
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi, I just got a GSG 5 a couple of weeks ago, and have already put over 2000 rounds in it.  Love the rifle, but I have been having some problems and hoped you might be able to help.

First off, and I think this was brought up before, but when I first broke down the gun for a cleaning, I must have lost what I think is the bolt hold open spring.  It's the one you should be able to see from an open bolt.  At the time, I did not know about it, and it explains why I encountered a problem sliding the bolt back in the receiver.  I'm not sure what effect this has on the gun, as it's been shooting, for the most part, pretty good without it.  Is there anyway I can acquire a replacement spring?

Having said that, I have been getting a lot failures to feed.  I'm 90% sure this is a magazine problem, as it seems the rounds sometimes reach the top of the magazine at an awkward angle, or don't quite reach the top of the magazine at all.  If this happens, I usually just give the magazine spring a little snap and it feeds fine.  However, I would like to know what I can do to make sure the mags feed true every time.

My second issue is when I get a failure to fire, which is probably ammo related, I pull back on the bolt, the round in the chamber is not always ejected, and this causes a very annoying jam, as a round is also being fed from the magazine.  When this happens, I have to tilt the gun so the loose round falls out, and use something along the lines of a nail or screwdriver to extract the round in the chamber.  what may be the cause of this?

Finally, I have had three rounds blow up on me so far.  1 aguila .22 interceptor (which happened within the first 100 or so rounds I fired in the gun), and 2 aguila .22 super maximum (both of which happened within 100 rounds of each other just today).  None of these cases were dramatic.  The round would go pop, carbon debris would come out of the chamber, and smoke would start coming out of places like the trigger and, oddly enough, rear sight.  In all cases, the gun seemed to work fine after these incidents, but I'm worried of the potential for damaging the gun, and my personal safety.  I have used these rounds in other semi-autos before with no incident.  Is this a problem with the rifle, or the ammo?  Either way, what should I do about this?

Thanks for reading, and I hope you can answer some of my questions.  I know they may have been asked before, But I can't seem to find them.    
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ridge_Runner_5:
So I bought a bunch of .22rd mags at a pawn shop last month, and just decided to load them tonight...

The new ones, with the round cound stamped into them. Is it normal for them to spread apart just a hair when loaded? Like, seriously 2 hair widths between the halves at the midpoint of the mag once it is loaded...

Yea, all of my GSG-5 and my Pro-mags split just a hair at the same point. And the two I saw at the range also split some.....
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Ray or Chris,

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=41&t=293572

Ok, well as we have received the final container of GSG MP5 Style clones and no more of that exact likeness will ever come in again, here's your stats right out of the ATI system. These numbers are every GSG-5 every imported by ATI by SKU in which they were documented with the ATF:

GSG-5 Carbine Hi Cap GERG2222GSG5 35,145
GSG-5 Carbine Low Cap GERG2210GSG5 5,530
GSG-5 SD Hi Cap GERG2222GSG5SD 4,350
GSG-5 SD Low Cap GERG2210GSG5SD 2,595
GSG-5 Pistol GERG2210GSG5P 7,081
GSG-5 Pistol Compact GERG2210GSG5PK 10,200

Total MP5 Clones 64,901.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for posting the importation #'s
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TprGTO:
Ray or Chris,

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=41&t=293572

Ok, well as we have received the final container of GSG MP5 Style clones and no more of that exact likeness will ever come in again, here's your stats right out of the ATI system. These numbers are every GSG-5 every imported by ATI by SKU in which they were documented with the ATF:

GSG-5 Carbine Hi Cap GERG2222GSG5 35,145
GSG-5 Carbine Low Cap GERG2210GSG5 5,530
GSG-5 SD Hi Cap GERG2222GSG5SD 4,350
GSG-5 SD Low Cap GERG2210GSG5SD 2,595
GSG-5 Pistol GERG2210GSG5P 7,081
GSG-5 Pistol Compact GERG2210GSG5PK 10,200

Total MP5 Clones 64,901.

How many anniversary models?
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Ineed to know the size and tread pitch for the Flashider on the GSG5P
thanks
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#12]
some of them do, I wouldn't worry about that unless you have problems with them.  If you do contact us and we will take care of it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Strata:
Hi, I just got a GSG 5 a couple of weeks ago, and have already put over 2000 rounds in it.  Love the rifle, but I have been having some problems and hoped you might be able to help.

First off, and I think this was brought up before, but when I first broke down the gun for a cleaning, I must have lost what I think is the bolt hold open spring.  It's the one you should be able to see from an open bolt.  At the time, I did not know about it, and it explains why I encountered a problem sliding the bolt back in the receiver.  I'm not sure what effect this has on the gun, as it's been shooting, for the most part, pretty good without it.  Is there anyway I can acquire a replacement spring?

Having said that, I have been getting a lot failures to feed.  I'm 90% sure this is a magazine problem, as it seems the rounds sometimes reach the top of the magazine at an awkward angle, or don't quite reach the top of the magazine at all.  If this happens, I usually just give the magazine spring a little snap and it feeds fine.  However, I would like to know what I can do to make sure the mags feed true every time.

My second issue is when I get a failure to fire, which is probably ammo related, I pull back on the bolt, the round in the chamber is not always ejected, and this causes a very annoying jam, as a round is also being fed from the magazine.  When this happens, I have to tilt the gun so the loose round falls out, and use something along the lines of a nail or screwdriver to extract the round in the chamber.  what may be the cause of this?

Finally, I have had three rounds blow up on me so far.  1 aguila .22 interceptor (which happened within the first 100 or so rounds I fired in the gun), and 2 aguila .22 super maximum (both of which happened within 100 rounds of each other just today).  None of these cases were dramatic.  The round would go pop, carbon debris would come out of the chamber, and smoke would start coming out of places like the trigger and, oddly enough, rear sight.  In all cases, the gun seemed to work fine after these incidents, but I'm worried of the potential for damaging the gun, and my personal safety.  I have used these rounds in other semi-autos before with no incident.  Is this a problem with the rifle, or the ammo?  Either way, what should I do about this?

Thanks for reading, and I hope you can answer some of my questions.  I know they may have been asked before, But I can't seem to find them.    

call 1-800-290-0065 ext 117 or 153 to order the spring. The spring missing can cause some of the problem, but it sounds like the mag is bad also. I would suggest you call that number and have them give you a return number to send it back, so we can go through the whole gun
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mamasboy:
Ineed to know the size and tread pitch for the Flashider on the GSG5P
thanks

M9 x 0.75
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok I sent my gsg-5 pistol back for service 2 weeks ago, got it back today. it said they ran 20 rounds through it flawlessly, then tried my mag and it jammed. so they sent me 2 new mags back in the mail. i loaded a mag and tried to cycle the rounds by hand, and they still completely jam up. i mean it should extract unfired rounds correct? i have tried remington thunderbolt and also cci mini mag. what ammo does the factory use? it cost me 54.00 bucks to send a brand new gun back to the factory. i'm glad i got another mag and a hat for free, but i'am going to go broke sending this thing back and forth. any ideas??
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 3:03:54 AM EDT
[#16]
i would say try shooting it, the chambers are very tight on gsg's ive found - very hard to manually extract an unfired round without "plucking" it out by hand
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 6:19:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Last night I had my GSG-5 fire out of battery causing minor injury and some uneasy nerves.Gun was clean,same ammo as always(Remington) about 1,000 rounds so far.Anyone else have this happen??This gun is used by my 12 yr old but luckily it was me shooting when this happened.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#18]
nope....16,000rds and no kabooms
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By artburg:
Last night I had my GSG-5 fire out of battery causing minor injury and some uneasy nerves.Gun was clean,same ammo as always(Remington) about 1,000 rounds so far.Anyone else have this happen??This gun is used by my 12 yr old but luckily it was me shooting when this happened.

mine did it a couple of times. sent it to ATI and they replaced the barrel and some other work. No problems since then and I make sure the barrel is extra clean now.
Link Posted: 3/25/2010 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mikedddd:
Ok I sent my gsg-5 pistol back for service 2 weeks ago, got it back today. it said they ran 20 rounds through it flawlessly, then tried my mag and it jammed. so they sent me 2 new mags back in the mail. i loaded a mag and tried to cycle the rounds by hand, and they still completely jam up. i mean it should extract unfired rounds correct? i have tried remington thunderbolt and also cci mini mag. what ammo does the factory use? it cost me 54.00 bucks to send a brand new gun back to the factory. i'm glad i got another mag and a hat for free, but i'am going to go broke sending this thing back and forth. any ideas??

For anyone that reads this, if you send you gun in for repair, please include all your magazines, so that we can make sure your gun works with your magazines.  The extractors on the GSG are not designed to extract rounds by hand, so try firing the gun.  No gun leaves here without functioning perfectly, that does not mean that the gun will never have a problem in the future.  We go to great lengths to check everything on your gun when it comes in, and repair or replace anything that needs it or may need it in the near future, even when not related to the problem you sent it in for.  Keeping the chamber clean is very important.
Link Posted: 3/25/2010 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#21]

I am sorry to hear about the gun firing out of battery.  Two possibilities come to mind, dirt in the chamber area, or the barrel starting to unscrew from the breech block.  If the barrel lock stud, (located under the handguard) becomes loose, the barrel can start to unscrew from the breech block. Even though the barrel may only slightly move, there is a thin spot on the barrel that must line up with the extractor notch on the breech block.  If they are not lined up, the extractor will have trouble sliding in the notch, which will slow the slide down and possibly keep it from going all the way into battery.  Please contact customer service at 1-800-290-0065 ext 153 or 107 if you decide to send the gun to us for repair.
Link Posted: 3/27/2010 5:18:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Ray, would it be possible for you to find out how many GSG AK47 22's have been imported so far? I just bought one of these and I am impressed so far, I just don't hear a lot about this model. Ilike mine so far, and other than not having a windage adjustment(I really am at a loss as to how to explain why this would be left out}, and a sling mount and buttplate on the stock-I have the wood stock model-the rifle seems to be put together quite well. The only other question I have is how to remove the saw grip, I have looked in the hole in the grip, but can't see a screw head. It looks as if the trigger module has to be removed to get to the screw. Out of curiosity, can the saw grip on the rifle be replaced with a standard AK47 grip? Thanks, and it's great having you on here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2010 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By tatwell:
Ray, would it be possible for you to find out how many GSG AK47 22's have been imported so far? I just bought one of these and I am impressed so far, I just don't hear a lot about this model. Ilike mine so far, and other than not having a windage adjustment(I really am at a loss as to how to explain why this would be left out}, and a sling mount and buttplate on the stock-I have the wood stock model-the rifle seems to be put together quite well. The only other question I have is how to remove the saw grip, I have looked in the hole in the grip, but can't see a screw head. It looks as if the trigger module has to be removed to get to the screw. Out of curiosity, can the saw grip on the rifle be replaced with a standard AK47 grip? Thanks, and it's great having you on here.

We have imported 9,210 GSG AK's so far.  You access the bolt on the saw grip through the hole in the bottom.  You will need a long 4mm allen wrench, and once the bolt is out you wil need to pull fairly hard to get it off.  As for the AK47 saw grip fitting the GSG, I have never tried one, so I am not sure.
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for getting back to me. 9000 plus is a lot of AK 22's. I have to say that I am more pleased with mine all the time. I put a 3 rail adapter on it and put a small light under the barrel and it looks good and works great. I have a rail mount sling mount that I think I will use, I have to install a sling mount on the butt stock since the wood stocks don't come with a sling mount installed. I think that in the future the factory should go ahead and install one as standard equipment. I am going to use the rail sling mount as I am not sure if the plastic one will hold up. I do have one suggestion...please make some smaller capacity magazines that are actually smaller in size too. The long mag sticking out is not really needed for hunting. In fact, I am thinking of modifying one of my mags by cutting it down to a 10 round capacity and about half the physical length. Other than that, I don't have any complaints. Actually, I think the AK22 is one of the sleepers on the market. Solid made, works with most any kind of good ammo, and no problems. I think this model will eventually become quite popular once more shooters become aware that it exists. Thanks again for being here for us.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#25]
What's the thread pitch on the GSG-5PK? Is it RH M9x.75?

I'm SBR'ing my GSG-5 carbine and I'm using a swarfwork PK thread adapter.

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By teamroper2004:
What's the thread pitch on the GSG-5PK? Is it RH M9x.75?

I'm SBR'ing my GSG-5 carbine and I'm using a swarfwork PK thread adapter.

Thanks!!!

Affirmative, M9X.75,  When installing the thread adapter to the barrel, be carefull not to back the barrel out of the breech block, if the barrel moves out even a little bit the rifle will have FTF's
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 12:55:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks Ray!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Hi,, i came back from the range several weeks ago and noticed that my top bolt cover was cracked, i sent a couple of emails one to the technical address and one to chris asking what should i do and i havent heard any responses, so im trying on here, my rifle is covered under warranty, where do i send it in?

thanks, Michael
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 11:23:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Shadow9098:
Hi,, i came back from the range several weeks ago and noticed that my top bolt cover was cracked, i sent a couple of emails one to the technical address and one to chris asking what should i do and i havent heard any responses, so im trying on here, my rifle is covered under warranty, where do i send it in?

thanks, Michael

no answer?
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By RAYCATON:

I am sorry to hear about the gun firing out of battery.  Two possibilities come to mind, dirt in the chamber area, or the barrel starting to unscrew from the breech block.  If the barrel lock stud, (located under the handguard) becomes loose, the barrel can start to unscrew from the breech block. Even though the barrel may only slightly move, there is a thin spot on the barrel that must line up with the extractor notch on the breech block.  If they are not lined up, the extractor will have trouble sliding in the notch, which will slow the slide down and possibly keep it from going all the way into battery.  Please contact customer service at 1-800-290-0065 ext 153 or 107 if you decide to send the gun to us for repair.

Help guys,

Can anybody post a picture of how the barrel must align with the extractor notch on the breech block?  Does the barrel have a notch?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:
Originally Posted By Shadow9098:

thanks, Michael

no answer?

Michael,

Sorry, I never received and e-mail.  To send your gun in, you need to contact Chris or Bill in customer service at 1-800-290-0065 ext. 153 or 107 to get and RA#.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:01:56 AM EDT
[#32]
already got it resolved, thank you
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By glock26ph:
Originally Posted By RAYCATON:

Help guys,

Can anybody post a picture of how the barrel must align with the extractor notch on the breech block?  Does the barrel have a notch?

Thanks

I just took pictures, but do not know how to upload them, so I am sending them to Chris, and he will upload them either here or on the customer service thread.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Does anyone know what the dovetails for the sights on the GSG-1911 are? Novak, Bo-Mar, or something else?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:10:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sgt911] [#35]
moved
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By stevenkids:
Does anyone know what the dovetails for the sights on the GSG-1911 are? Novak, Bo-Mar, or something else?

rear sight is standard Novak, front sight is 330 - 65%.  Sorry for the late answer, not having many questions this year, I've become a little complacent.
Link Posted: 11/24/2010 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#37]
I was looking at the GSG 1911 AD OPS with the fake suppressor. Can the fake suppressor be removed and a real suppressor installed in its place? What is the thread pitch?
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By tallj2000:
I was looking at the GSG 1911 AD OPS with the fake suppressor. Can the fake suppressor be removed and a real suppressor installed in its place? What is the thread pitch?

Yes, with the proper adapter.  The thread size is the same as the PK, 9x.75
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Just got a gsg-522sd and wanted to ask a couple of questions. Can the picatinny rail be removed from the weapon and left off? and can the original front sight and cocking handles be purchased without buying the entire conversion kit? Thanks for being here and standing behind your product.

Cazio
Link Posted: 1/12/2011 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Cazio:
Just got a gsg-522sd and wanted to ask a couple of questions. Can the picatinny rail be removed from the weapon and left off? and can the original front sight and cocking handles be purchased without buying the entire conversion kit? Thanks for being here and standing behind your product.

Cazio

Yes, you can take the rail off and leave it off.  Yes, you can buy the GSG-5SD cocking tube assembly with the front sight for $39.95,however, I don't know the price of the conversion kit.

Ray
Link Posted: 1/16/2011 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Question for Ray:

I have a GSG-5 that I SBR'd.  I've replaced the cocking tube assembly and barrel assembly with those from a GSG-5PK.  However, I cannot get the handguard to fit.  I'm using the aftermarket GSG handguard with the vertical foregrip.  The handguard is blocked by the "barrel lock stud", which is too long for the 5PK handguard but the larger GSG-5 handguard fits fine.  If I remove the barrel lock stud then the handguard fits fine.

How do I fix this?  Does the 5PK come with a shorter "barrel lock stud"?  Does the 5PK even need the barrel lock stud since the barrel is so short?

thanks!
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Gendaito:
Question for Ray:

I have a GSG-5 that I SBR'd.  I've replaced the cocking tube assembly and barrel assembly with those from a GSG-5PK.  However, I cannot get the handguard to fit.  I'm using the aftermarket GSG handguard with the vertical foregrip.  The handguard is blocked by the "barrel lock stud", which is too long for the 5PK handguard but the larger GSG-5 handguard fits fine.  If I remove the barrel lock stud then the handguard fits fine.

How do I fix this?  Does the 5PK come with a shorter "barrel lock stud"?  Does the 5PK even need the barrel lock stud since the barrel is so short?

thanks!

Replace it with a shorter set screw, the barrel lock screw is needed to keep the barrel from rotating in the breech block.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Gendaito:
Question for Ray:

thanks!

Yes, it comes with a shorter barrel lock stud, that you can get through customer service @ 1-800-290-0065 ext's 139 and 140
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Is the thread pitch on the GSG 1911 Tactical the same as the Sig Sauer Mosquito or Walther P22???

I'm wanting to know if the SWR Warlock QD adapter for the Mosquito or P22 will work on the GSG 1911 Tactical?

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By teamroper2004:
Is the thread pitch on the GSG 1911 Tactical the same as the Sig Sauer Mosquito or Walther P22???

I'm wanting to know if the SWR Warlock QD adapter for the Mosquito or P22 will work on the GSG 1911 Tactical?

Thanks!!!

I don't know the thread pitch on the Mosquito, but on the GSG 1911 and the PK the thread is M9 X .75. There are adapters available from Gem-tech.
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I lost the bolt catch spring taking apart my gsg to clean it , Where can i order a new one.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Part number 57 Im guessing ? Can you help ?
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Hi, my first post in this forum, I'm glad to find one that has a place dedicated to the GSG-5. I've had a few issues with the gun. I've owned it about a year and it's fun to shoot. One problem I had was firing off two and three rounds at a time every once-in-a-while, but I found that went away by cleaning and oiling.

One problem I have had but I can't find anyone that's posted one like it here so I need to ask. On two or three occasions, I've had a misfire. By that, I mean when the gun fires, I get a loud pop and smoke comes out of the receiver. The last time it happened, about two weeks ago, the spent shell was jammed in the receiver end of the barrel. The bullet fired and there was not sign of the back of the shell. It probably fell out when I opened the breach, but the entire rest of the cartridge was jammed tight. If the breach wasn't seated right, I can't see that the gun would fire, plus I figured that the shell would be deformed by not being fully in the barrel. I had to take the gun apart and use an easy-out to get the shell out and found it was all there except for the back end.

Now I guess my question is, has anyone else experienced this? Is it the gun's fault, my fault or did I get a hot load? I was using Remington 36 grain, and I can see by other posts here, that's not recommended, but how can this happen, regardless? What can I do to keep this from happening again? I usually fire Federal, and I'll take the gun out again this week and try it again, but does anyone have any advice or comments?

Don (ezdays)
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ezdays:
Hi, my first post in this forum, I'm glad to find one that has a place dedicated to the GSG-5. I've had a few issues with the gun. I've owned it about a year and it's fun to shoot. One problem I had was firing off two and three rounds at a time every once-in-a-while, but I found that went away by cleaning and oiling.

One problem I have had but I can't find anyone that's posted one like it here so I need to ask. On two or three occasions, I've had a misfire. By that, I mean when the gun fires, I get a loud pop and smoke comes out of the receiver. The last time it happened, about two weeks ago, the spent shell was jammed in the receiver end of the barrel. The bullet fired and there was not sign of the back of the shell. It probably fell out when I opened the breach, but the entire rest of the cartridge was jammed tight. If the breach wasn't seated right, I can't see that the gun would fire, plus I figured that the shell would be deformed by not being fully in the barrel. I had to take the gun apart and use an easy-out to get the shell out and found it was all there except for the back end.

Now I guess my question is, has anyone else experienced this? Is it the gun's fault, my fault or did I get a hot load? I was using Remington 36 grain, and I can see by other posts here, that's not recommended, but how can this happen, regardless? What can I do to keep this from happening again? I usually fire Federal, and I'll take the gun out again this week and try it again, but does anyone have any advice or comments?

Don (ezdays)

What is the round count on your rifle?  Have you used the chamber brush that came with eh gun or cleaned the chamber with brass yet?  It sound like the round was not fully chambered, maybe due to carbon buildup or something...and for the 2 and three round burst, sounds like a problem with the sear.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SubSonicSnipe:
Originally Posted By ezdays:

Don (ezdays)

What is the round count on your rifle?  Have you used the chamber brush that came with eh gun or cleaned the chamber with brass yet?  It sound like the round was not fully chambered, maybe due to carbon buildup or something...and for the 2 and three round burst, sounds like a problem with the sear.

I'd say I have maybe 1000 rounds through it. I've cleaned the gun, and have used the brush. The two/three rd bursts stopped after the last cleaning, and I see here where cleaning is suggested for a few others that had the same thing happen, so let's hope that problem is gone away. But the misfire, I'm thinking like you said,. that the round wasn't seated except that the full length of the shell was fully in the receiver an apparently it blew out the back end of the shell. Maybe it seated itself after it fired, but it was in tight, I could not poke it out. I read here where Remington is not the ammo to use, so I'm going to try Federal again just to see if it happens again.  Will the gun fire if the breach isn't fully closed? If so, what you say is a good possibility. Then the question is, why didn't it chamber, the gun was cleaned right before this since it's happened probably twice before this, but not jamming the cartridge in the chamber.

Thanks, I appreciate your input.
Page / 4
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top